Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

Yep this ones on Rafa. Total negativity. Players afraid to take a chance.

I’m giving him a pass because of the promise that January brings.

But that was dogshit. As bad as anything under Carver even. CARVER.

What promise does January bring??.....Theres absolutely no fucking promises at all your'e in for a massive disappointment

Guest reefatoon

The home team have had 43% of possession compared to the away team's 57% :undecided:

Every game is the same. It's what we do, surrender possession so we can try and not get beat.

Funny that, we beat West Ham just the other week with 35% possession whilst apparently 'trying not to get beat'

That's what we do. We go out to not get beat and if we score then brilliant. We never go out to try and take it to a team. I will never warm to this kind of football like, always detested the "not get beat" style. Just takes any kind of enjoyment out of the game of football.

I was taking the p*ss, you'd have to be a bit daft to think that we went out to not get beaten in that West Ham match.

I'm mainly talking about playing this way at home. It isn't right.

I don't agree, Rafa's working with what he has, if you think we should take it to teams indiscriminately, godspeed.

So are you happy with two banks of four in front of our box and letting a team as s*** as Brighton have all the possession? I just don't get it. It's not how it should be done at home, which is why our record is so s***.

I didn't say I was happy, I said Rafa's working with what he has.

He is, I agree with you, but I wish we would do it with the ball more. We set up at home like you would expect for an away game. You should never let the opposition have more of the ball than you at home like, but we set up like that. For me it is nowhere near good enough.

It's been said countless times, but I can't work out why people can agree that Rafa's working with what he has and then complain that we don't dominate possession or take it to teams at home. Which one is it? Is Rafa working with what he has or should we be attacking teams? For me there's a crucial link between the two and a bit of contradiction in terms from people who keep forgetting time and time and time again that these players are nowhere near good enough.

Sorry but that's bollocks. This was Brighton we were playing. We could pass it off when it was Man City but not when it's a shit team like Brighton. We are a crap team but we are more than capable of pressing a shit team like Brighton and showing more desire to get forward. To sit back and let such a shit team have so much of the ball at home is inexcusable.

This is the least talented NUFC squad I've ever seen. Barely a player worth their salt.

Every single one in the squad is championship quality some not even that. When we go down again we will be stuck there for years as we have no one of quality with any decent resale value in the squad this time

Im sorry but this free pass crap with Rafa needs to fucking stop, everyone saying its not his fault that's absolute bullshit. Its his tactics,its his team, its his signings, its his substitutions, its his motivation and playing orders and he is fucking failing miserably. The football we are churning out is absolutely no different to the shite we witnessed under Pardew,Mclaren or Carver

If he takes us down he will be in the same category as them chumps for me

The home team have had 43% of possession compared to the away team's 57% :undecided:

Every game is the same. It's what we do, surrender possession so we can try and not get beat.

Funny that, we beat West Ham just the other week with 35% possession whilst apparently 'trying not to get beat'

That's what we do. We go out to not get beat and if we score then brilliant. We never go out to try and take it to a team. I will never warm to this kind of football like, always detested the "not get beat" style. Just takes any kind of enjoyment out of the game of football.

I was taking the p*ss, you'd have to be a bit daft to think that we went out to not get beaten in that West Ham match.

I don't agree, Rafa's working with what he has, if you think we should take it to teams indiscriminately, godspeed.

So are you happy with two banks of four in front of our box and letting a team as s*** as Brighton have all the possession? I just don't get it. It's not how it should be done at home, which is why our record is so s***.

He is, I agree with you, but I wish we would do it with the ball more. We set up at home like you would expect for an away game. You should never let the opposition have more of the ball than you at home like, but we set up like that. For me it is nowhere near good enough.

It's been said countless times, but I can't work out why people can agree that Rafa's working with what he has and then complain that we don't dominate possession or take it to teams at home. Which one is it? Is Rafa working with what he has or should we be attacking teams? For me there's a crucial link between the two and a bit of contradiction in terms from people who keep forgetting time and time and time again that these players are nowhere near good enough.

Some of these players aren't a million miles off being good enough. Merino needs to be in a midfield three so he has less work to do and can direct play more. We do need a 4-2-3-1 with this squad imo and if that means playing Joselu every game so be it. We need to know how to switch, quickly, to a 4-3-3 and also become a 4-5-1 when necessary.

Brighton moved the ball around quicker and with more confidence than we did today, we were so slow getting forward.

And Rafa, please fuck off with the keeper kicking long - its shit!

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry but that's bollocks. This was Brighton we were playing. We could pass it off when it was Man City but not when it's a shit team like Brighton. We are a crap team but we are more than capable of pressing a shit team like Brighton and showing more desire to get forward. To sit back and let such a shit team have so much of the ball at home is inexcusable.

No idea what you were watching but 'letting' didn't come into it, they're just not good enough. If you think that's bollocks, like I said, godspeed, but  I don't and it's as simple as that.

I don't know what people are expecting like, that's exactly how we played for the first 1/4 of the season when we were actually picking up regular points. It's absolutely shite to watch and borders on embarrassing but the alternative seems to be shipping 3 goals a game and/or being beaten at home to the likes of Bournemouth.

We only lost to Bournemouth in the last minute after lascelles went off injured.

Does that not count as a loss like?

We were awful 2nd half in that game. Can add Leicester and a Watford side who went on a horrific run after the beat us to that too - we'd lost our last 5 at home.

We could have lost today, obviously, but we quite clearly set out just to not concede as best we could which is what worked for us before our bad run with Lascelles out.

I'm not that displeased as Brighton could have won that I feel if they bothered their arse.

All the evidence you need that January will make or break relegation.

We're definitely not assertive enough, though, we don't build pressure because we back off all the time. Its all well and good saying we're scared of the counter, but sometimes you need to speculate. It's worth the gamble to gain the extra two points and risk losing one in the position we're in and with Brighton clearly playing for the point the last 20.

Disappointing but not the end of the world.

This is the least talented NUFC squad I've ever seen. Barely a player worth their salt.

Every single one in the squad is championship quality some not even that. When we go down again we will be stuck there for years as we have no one of quality with any decent resale value in the squad this time

Im sorry but this free pass crap with Rafa needs to fucking stop, everyone saying its not his fault that's absolute bullshit. Its his tactics,its his team, its his signings, its his substitutions, its his motivation and playing orders and he is fucking failing miserably. The football we are churning out is absolutely no different to the shite we witnessed under Pardew,Mclaren or Carver

If he takes us down he will be in the same category as them chumps for me

I can agree with bits of your post. But blaming him for signings is a complete load of shit. He signed some ‘big name’ players for the Championship. Then got sold out by Ashley and we had to make do with squad filler types in the summer and the Championship level players from last season.

If he was backed to the same degree as almost any other lower team’s manager in the league. We would be in a far better position.

We have cast offs and rejects throughout the entire team and I’m not sure anybody knows who our best player is. Most of them are that bad and not up to standard.

Guest firetotheworks

Some of these players aren't a million miles off being good enough.

That's where I fundamentally disagree, for me it's comfortably the worst NUFC squad I've ever seen for the level its playing at, including both relegation squads.

Some of these players aren't a million miles off being good enough.

That's where I fundamentally disagree, for me it's comfortably the worst NUFC squad I've ever seen for the level its playing at, including both relegation squads.

The previous 2 relegation teams are absolutely streets ahead of this shower of shit. If we don't finish bottom come may ill be amazed

Guest reefatoon

Sorry but that's bollocks. This was Brighton we were playing. We could pass it off when it was Man City but not when it's a s*** team like Brighton. We are a crap team but we are more than capable of pressing a s*** team like Brighton and showing more desire to get forward. To sit back and let such a s*** team have so much of the ball at home is inexcusable.

No idea what you were watching but 'letting' didn't come into it, they're just not good enough. If you think that's bollocks, like I said, godspeed, but  I don't and it's as simple as that.

I do think that's bollocks because Brighton are not a better team than us. We are better than we are showing (not much like) but we are more than capable of taking a game to a team like Brighton at home. And letting the opposition have the ball is right, it's what we do and how we set up, then hoping to hit teams on the counter, which for me is disgusting at home. (Love playing that way away from home as it has had a form of success). But at home it's awful, no matter how shit you think our players are.