The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw what’s happened to Brummie? I actually would like to see Villa go up just for him alone and everything he’s contributed to this forum. If you’re reading I hope you are well!

Aston Villa fans invading the pitch after a Play-Off Semi Final. :lol:

Sign of where they've fallen to.

Aye, was just about to say so glad we never embarrassed ourselves with this shite the two times we've gone up.

Fulham should comfortably hump Villa.

I think Villa have something about them, whenever I’ve seen them they never seem to play well, but somehow get a win or a point. On paper it’s Fulham’s all day, but I would actually fancy Villa to turn them over.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. My wife's Villa though, so maybe it's just me hoping for a good year - happy wife, happy life etc etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Villa have something about them, whenever I’ve seen them they never seem to play well, but somehow get a win or a point. On paper it’s Fulham’s all day, but I would actually fancy Villa to turn them over.

Yeah, I get that feeling too. My wife's Villa though, so maybe it's just me hoping for a good year - happy wife, happy life etc etc.

I don’t mind Villa despite their weird seemingly hatred of us or pleasure in seeing us do badly. If it makes your good lady happy that’s got to be a bonus :D

I don’t mind Villa despite their weird seemingly hatred of us or pleasure in seeing us do badly. If it makes your good lady happy that’s got to be a bonus :D

:D. I don't think it's weird at all. Similar-sized clubs with significant football histories, big fanbases, recent success - of sorts. It's really no surprise that they would see you as a big rival, and so took pleasure in your downfall.

You've got a handful of tiers in football now. Man City/Man U/Chelsea with silly money, Arsenal and Liverpool not far behind, with us trying to bridge the gap. Then a few clubs with potential to do what Spurs have done due to various factors including fanbase and grounds - Everton, Newcastle, Villa, maybe West Ham thanks to the free stadium. Leicester just bubbling under that group. Then a whole host of clubs who rely on skillful managers to make the step up - Burnley, Stoke, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Watford, West Brom, etc etc - for whom it only takes a couple of transfer mistakes and the wrong management appointment for it all to come crashing down. Even though Villa have been down for a couple of years, they generate enough money to expect to come back up without needing a sugar daddy like, say, Wolves.

Aston Villa fans invading the pitch after a Play-Off Semi Final. :lol:

Sign of where they've fallen to.

Aye, was just about to say so glad we never embarrassed ourselves with this shite the two times we've gone up.

Well there was an invasion at the Plymouth game in 2010 but difference is we had actually achieved something at the final whistle.

In fairness a good number of ‘hardcore’ Villa fans stayed in the Holte and refuse to run on the pitch and where even chanting ‘where were you when we shit’ to the fair weather twats on the pitch.

I am okay with fans running onto the pitch celebrating when the club has actually achieved something.

But a bunch of twats who haven’t bothered to show up to a game in over a year running onto a pitch to celebrate a semi-final win that could mean fuck all in just over a week is stupid.

Celebration police out in force every time fans enjoy themselves is beyond tedious. More pitch invasions needed.

:lol: I was going to say. Fucking hell.

Give over man. :lol:

If Spurs ever went down (God forbid) and you won a Play-Off Semi Final two years later, would you like to see Spurs fans celebrate like that? I can understand smaller clubs but Christ. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

:D. I don't think it's weird at all. Similar-sized clubs with significant football histories, big fanbases, recent success - of sorts. It's really no surprise that they would see you as a big rival, and so took pleasure in your downfall.

You've got a handful of tiers in football now. Man City/Man U/Chelsea with silly money, Arsenal and Liverpool not far behind, with us trying to bridge the gap. Then a few clubs with potential to do what Spurs have done due to various factors including fanbase and grounds - Everton, Newcastle, Villa, maybe West Ham thanks to the free stadium. Leicester just bubbling under that group. Then a whole host of clubs who rely on skillful managers to make the step up - Burnley, Stoke, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Watford, West Brom, etc etc - for whom it only takes a couple of transfer mistakes and the wrong management appointment for it all to come crashing down. Even though Villa have been down for a couple of years, they generate enough money to expect to come back up without needing a sugar daddy like, say, Wolves.

I get all that. But the way they went on was OTT and weird. Mind if someone like your own club were rlegated by us especially at home I imagine there would be quite a bit mickey taking and hilarity, but banners and even hatred in the form of the local media who seemed to really enjoy our relegation at Villa Park. I hate that term we relegated you btw because no one team can actually relegate another, it’s down to man many factors, defeats and what have you, luck of the fixture draw which team hammers the nail really. The mackems gloat they relegated us, we could say we relegated them by not being there to give them six points or Pardew leaving us relegated them. It’s fucking stupid and systematic of the way fans now think or behave in re,action to other teams when something is at stake. The only time it’s should ever stick is if say the mackems beat us at their ground or ours to actually deny us any chance whatsoever after that of staying up. Otherwise it’s just a false narrative.

Apparently there is an exactly appropriate level of reaction to each type of victory, the context of it and the size of the club. Nothing can just be a case of getting carried away in the moment, it has to be 'embarrassing' or 'small-time'. It's nonsense. We invaded the pitch after Sammy Ameobi scored in a pre-season friendly :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

The pitch invasion thing is nothing to do with celebrating your team doing something special or noteworthy these days, but about getting your phone out, videoing things, straight to Facebook and twitter for the ‘legend’ and ‘class that mate’ replies. If NUFC ever won something say at Wembley (ha :lol:) and I had the chance to run onto the pitch, I wouldn't be able to hold a fucking phone, my arms would be up in the air, me jumping around like mad just joining in with fellow fans and taking it all in. I’d be hugging every fucker and dancing like a mad man. I’d probably race to the goal and do a Shearer celebration or something.