The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I like Mourinho and think he raises some valid points. Maybe you could say the way he interacts with the press dictates the way they write about him & interview him, but I do feel he's held to different standards and judged in a negative manner more readily than most others.

What valid points do you think he raises out of interest?

Lack of respect. It seems to me like he's pressed & antagonised more readily than many other coaches for reasons pointed out in my above post. They absolutely loved that he walked out of that press conference, let's not pretend they didn't - you can hear them in the video laughing giddily knowing they can wander back to their offices with the story the boss so wanted. Is that a respectful way to treat a top manager? Would Alex Ferguson, Jurgen Klopp, Pochettino be treat in that way? Nope.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve noticed for a while now the media seem to have their knives out for Jose, but in a sneaky way and not an all out attack which is down to them not wanting to be seen as attacking Man Utd over anything else because they need a successful Man Utd to help keep selling the PL brand abroad and even at home. Jose is someone who damages the brand with his negative football, keeping the likes of Sanchez on the bench and antagonising some of his players the PL use as the face of their advert as the best league in the world.

Guest Howaythetoon

But Mourinho constantly shows a lack of respect to others, examples Wenger, Conte,  Pep, Eva Carneiro and others

He's very hypocritical

He’s got whatever the alternative is to little man syndrome... a complex issue. Probably stems from his playing career and he doesn’t seem able to deal with authority over him or his own being challenged.

Again he should take some time out away from the game full stop or coach kids to regain some fun from the game because without it, you can’t enjoy it and as many a NUFC can testify to if you are not enjoying it, it kills it for you and horribly so.

Guest firetotheworks

I like Mourinho and think he raises some valid points. Maybe you could say the way he interacts with the press dictates the way they write about him & interview him, but I do feel he's held to different standards and judged in a negative manner more readily than most others.

Probably cos he’s an utter cunt

Bingo.

Guest firetotheworks

I've only watched one episode but it seems decent.

I caught an episode of Phenoms last night, which I'd never heard of before. It was the Dele Alli one and it was great, I'll have to watch the others.

Classic Mourinho this, all the TV and media are talking about his strop now, not the result. Did the same thing with the female physio, no one remembers that Chelsea scrapped a 2-2 draw at home to Swansea that day.

Classic Mourinho this, all the TV and media are talking about his strop now, not the result. Did the same thing with the female physio, no one remembers that Chelsea scrapped a 2-2 draw at home to Swansea that day.

The 2-2 draw didn't end up him being taking to court though.

Guest Howaythetoon

That might have worked at Chelsea, but he is at a club where losing any game isn’t acceptable. The poor start to the season will be rocking the foundations inside of the dressing room, OT and more critically the boardroom.

The pressure is on the players regardless, you can see it in their body language and all the Mourinho media games won’t make that disappear, only he can by sending out a team that wins games and in a certain style.

Man Utd essentially are similar to us under Rafa in how they look at the opposition, approach the game and look to pick up points. It’s not the Man Utd way and is not the Jose way to do the opposite though, they are a bad fit for each other in terms of the players and the football expected of that club. It will only end one way...

I simply did not get the praise they were getting for how they played in the first half by the way, it was an awful game with both sides unable to string a few pass together. Yes it was fast paced and end to end, but there was no quality on show and it was a boring and scrappy game.

Maybe Man Utd have been that bad under Jose just a fast paced end to end game is considered exciting. I thought here we had two of the so-called best teams in the country and it could have been a rerun of our game against Cardiff that’s how boring it was and lacking in real quality.

The likes of Sky though try and draw drama from even the mundane and everything seems over the top. Lukaku’s miss being miss of the year, the Brazilian’s second goal for Spurs a world-class finish with him compared to Henry and so on and so on. Then the print and social media take over the debate once the transmission has ended, stringing it out for days and days.

Anything to extract drama and create a buzz or debate from a game that was boring between two teams who personally bore the tits of me, even though I rate Spurs as a good all-round team.

Even the narrative changes, one week Spurs by not spending have shot thesmelves in the foot and the next after 3 wins on the bonce it’s because by not spending they have an unsettled together squad or because they believe in themselves. Now it’s Jose who should just get on with it like Spurs have. Although if he had of signed their CB who he wanted it would have changed the result. Oh fuck off please!

That’s why I stick to forums like this and can just about stomach MOTD because they only get a few minutes to talk shit after a game. Shearer not included!

Meanwhile in other news, Rafa should just get on with it and should be happy with getting 7 players in because Spurs got none, Poch would have killed for 7 new players and some money to spend. Had he they might have got a 4th or 5th goal against Man Utd which at the end of the season could be the difference between them not winning the league and not winning the league. That’s the margins!

Spare a thought eh...

Thank fuck for Wolves mind, they have shown the rest of the plebs how to beat Man City who because they drew, might be finished. If Liverpool want to take their title though, they will have to do more than beat teams by more than 1-0, teams they would usually struggle to beat which always cost them dear in any title race. That and lack of clean sheets. Again that could be the difference between not winning the league by a big distance and winning the league buy not as big a distance. IT MATTERS YOU KNOW!

Brighton though, if they keep playing like that each week, they should scrape staying up because it’s all about staying in the game.

Isn’t it Rafa?

Again Man City away will be fun. I’m looking forward more to the post match debate from Gaz Nev and co more than the actual match, their analysis is much more important to the season.

I thank Keysie for us losing only 2-1 to Spurs for example, his advice most helpful to Rafa. Hopefully our manager will tap into the wisdom such managerial greats like Neville and Souness will no doubt continue to offer him after our games. He’d be a mug if he were to ignore them.

That might have worked at Chelsea, but he is at a club where losing any game isn’t acceptable. The poor start to the season will be rocking the foundations inside of the dressing room, OT and more critically the boardroom.

The pressure is on the players regardless, you can see it in their body language and all the Mourinho media games won’t make that disappear, only he can by sending out a team that wins games and in a certain style.

Man Utd essentially are similar to us under Rafa in how they look at the opposition, approach the game and look to pick up points. It’s not the Man Utd way and is not the Jose way to do the opposite though, they are a bad fit for each other in terms of the players and the football expected of that club. It will only end one way...

I simply did not get the praise they were getting for how they played in the first half by the way, it was an awful game with both sides unable to string a few pass together. Yes it was fast paced and end to end, but there was no quality on show and it was a boring and scrappy game.

Maybe Man Utd have been that bad under Jose just a fast paced end to end game is considered exciting. I thought here we had two of the so-called best teams in the country and it could have been a rerun of our game against Cardiff that’s how boring it was and lacking in real quality.

The likes of Sky though try and draw drama from even the mundane and everything seems over the top. Lukaku’s miss being miss of the year, the Brazilian’s second goal for Spurs a world-class finish with him compared to Henry and so on and so on. Then the print and social media take over the debate once the transmission has ended, stringing it out for days and days.

Anything to extract drama and create a buzz or debate from a game that was boring between two teams who personally bore the tits of me, even though I rate Spurs as a good all-round team.

Even the narrative changes, one week Spurs by not spending have shot thesmelves in the foot and the next after 3 wins on the bonce it’s because by not spending they have an unsettled together squad or because they believe in themselves. Now it’s Jose who should just get on with it like Spurs have. Although if he had of signed their CB who he wanted it would have changed the result. Oh fuck off please!

That’s why I stick to forums like this and can just about stomach MOTD because they only get a few minutes to talk shit after a game. Shearer not included!

Meanwhile in other news, Rafa should just get on with it and should be happy with getting 7 players in because Spurs got none, Poch would have killed for 7 new players and some money to spend. Had he they might have got a 4th or 5th goal against Man Utd which at the end of the season could be the difference between them not winning the league and not winning the league. That’s the margins!

Spare a thought eh...

Thank fuck for Wolves mind, they have shown the rest of the plebs how to beat Man City who because they drew, might be finished. If Liverpool want to take their title though, they will have to do more than beat teams by more than 1-0, teams they would usually struggle to beat which always cost them dear in any title race. That and lack of clean sheets. Again that could be the difference between not winning the league by a big distance and winning the league buy not as big a distance. IT MATTERS YOU KNOW!

Brighton though, if they keep playing like that each week, they should scrape staying up because it’s all about staying in the game.

Isn’t it Rafa?

Again Man City away will be fun. I’m looking forward more to the post match debate from Gaz Nev and co more than the actual match, their analysis is much more important to the season.

I thank Keysie for us losing only 2-1 to Spurs for example, his advice most helpful to Rafa. Hopefully our manager will tap into the wisdom such managerial greats like Neville and Souness will no doubt continue to offer him after our games. He’d be a mug if he were to ignore them.

giphy.gif