The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

The assistant saying if Lovren's not touched the ball, it's offside.

It was offside, still gave the pen. Total joke.

Guest neesy111

Ha I've seen a different angle now, one of them looks like Van Dijk fully boots the back of Lamela's knee and the new one looks like he doesn't touch him at all. Strange one.

The close-up one looks like zero contact.

To me he's offside whether Lovren touches it or not. He was offside for the whole of that period from the original through ball.

Tottenham's players go down like they've been shot so f***ing often man, so many soft penalties they've had this season and no-one retrospectively banned for exaggerating contact.

We’ve had three penalties. You just saw two of them.

To me he's offside whether Lovren touches it or not. He was offside for the whole of that period from the original through ball.

Correct, Lovren's touch is irrelevant as the ball went forward toward Kane who was offside from that initial ball. There were no other phases of play for Kane to be onside, which he never was at any time anyhoo.

Definitely think Kane should have been given offside for the first pel

Confused me massively this has. I thought it was offside, but Sky and Dermot seem to think that because Lovren touched the ball, this is then a new phase of play meaning that Kane is onside.

But Lovren only had to touch the ball because he was aware that Kane was behind him, so he was interfering with play in the first phase. I don’t understand why that isn’t the case.

Correct, Lovren's touch is irrelevant as the ball went forward toward Kane who was offside from that initial ball. There were no other phases of play for Kane to be onside, which he never was at any time anyhoo.

Wrong. If it had deflected off Lovren it would have been offside but because he played the ball (badly) it is offside. See the laws of the game:

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

Confused me massively this has. I thought it was offside, but Sky and Dermot seem to think that because Lovren touched the ball, this is then a new phase of play meaning that Kane is onside.

But Lovren only had to touch the ball because he was aware that Kane was behind him, so he was interfering with play in the first phase. I don’t understand why that isn’t the case.

Which is utter crap, and completely mental to even think it was onside. In the future we should just stand Gayle on the edge of the oppo's box and hope a defender try to touch the ball as we smash it up to him, nonsense from Sky and Dermot that like.

Which is utter crap, and completely mental to even think it was onside. In the future we should just stand Gayle on the edge of the oppo's box and hope a defender try to touch the ball as we smash it up to him, nonsense from Sky and Dermot that like.

It's not nonsense, it's the laws of the game. They might well be nonsense mind.

Wrong. If it had deflected off Lovren it would have been offside but because he played the ball (badly) it is offside. See the laws of the game:

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

That is offside every single time. The ball is played toward Kane, he's offside from the initial pass, and stays so no matter how it gets to him, and who it touches. If there was a second phase of pay then fine, where the ball goes back toward the Tottenham goal and back toward Kane off a Liverpool maybe, you could argue, which i would argue is still offside but there wasn't. It's interpretation of the laws and they're interpreting them wrong, any person with eyes can see that.

That is offside every single time. The ball is played toward Kane, he's offside from the initial pass, and stays so no matter how it gets to him, and who it touches. If there was a second phase of pay then fine, where the ball goes back toward the Tottenham goal and back toward Kane off a Liverpool maybe, you could argue, which i would argue is still offside but there wasn't. It's interpretation of the laws and they're interpreting them wrong, any person with eyes can see that.

Wrong.

I'm not saying I agree with the laws. But they are what they are.

It's not nonsense, it's the laws of the game. They might well be nonsense mind.

I ref and that's not how to interpret that law in this instance imo, it's not worded right for the incident we've just seen. You take into account where the players are in relation to the ball travelling forward, ie : are they active, is it meant for them, not that it matters on a Sunday morning as you get the most biased fat sub or some parent doing the line for you anyhoo.

As a law reads it doesn't always implement in any given situation all that well, that's where the ref and linos step in, wrongly as it was today imo.

The moment that pass is played toward an offside Kane, the flag should have been raised. 

Wrong.

I'm not saying I agree with the laws. But they are what they are.

Fair enough but i think you're interpreting them wrongly, that's what we love about footy though, difference of opinions.