The other games today 2018/19

Greg

It's ridiculous.

Erikson passes to Kane.

Kane's position: Offside.

Decision: Offside.

Lovren touches the ball.

Kane's position: Still offside having never come back onside.

Decision: Onside.

:dowiespin:

Well i read the laws as that's off, pretty clearly imo given the direction of the ball as described in your post. I got the impression that Sky and Dermot didn't want to say the officials were wrong in that instance, which is ludicrous, unless the intention was to court controversy, which they would never do, would they.

Anyone watching SSN News now, you can hear what the linesman is saying and it's wrong as he isn't taking into account who passed the initial ball.

The interesting part is the ref asking 'Martin' if he has anything on the tv ? I thought they weren't allowed to do that, refer to the 4th official using a monitor, it's not a Vars game after all.

Scousers going crazy, corrupt officials, never a pen, lamela dived, write to your mp etc. etc.

The second one is a clear pen he kicks the back of his calf.  First one deffo a dive and he should, but won’t, be banned

There was an incident in our game today when Clark or Lascelles controlled the ball from a Palace long pass and then Benteke tried to nick it off off one of them after coming back from an offside position and was flagged, I guess he shouldn't have been given offside either. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong

There was a incident like this in a World Cup game England vs Germany few years back. 2006 or 2010 can't remember. Long ball played, German defender cant control it, goes to Rooney -> flagged offside. I haven't seen the Lovren case, but the player behind and in an offside position is affecting the game in these cases. Otherwise defender could just let the ball run to him and get the freekick for offside.

They’re also saying he lamela was offside but it was by about a bootlace but again they are claiming corruption.

To be fair they mobilise their troops and are on message  :lol:

There’s not much funnier in football than the righteous indignation of a Liverpool fan.

Griezmann slows everything down. So annoying.

Even the home fans are booing him now

Him having a pop at the crowd and then shushing them was insane. He's almost certainly gone in the summer now. I get why he was running the clock down but he's done it all season.

I ref and that's not how to interpret that law in this instance imo, it's not worded right for the incident we've just seen. You take into account where the players are in relation to the ball travelling forward, ie : are they active, is it meant for them, not that it matters on a Sunday morning as you get the most biased fat sub or some parent doing the line for you anyhoo.

As a law reads doesn't always implement in any given situation all that well, that's where the ref and linos step in, wrongly as it was today imo.

Another ref, and I'm 100% in Camp Bimpy. I'm calling that offside all day long.

I ref and that's not how to interpret that law in this instance imo, it's not worded right for the incident we've just seen. You take into account where the players are in relation to the ball travelling forward, ie : are they active, is it meant for them, not that it matters on a Sunday morning as you get the most biased fat sub or some parent doing the line for you anyhoo.

As a law reads doesn't always implement in any given situation all that well, that's where the ref and linos step in, wrongly as it was today imo.

Another ref, and I'm 100% in Camp Bimpy. I'm calling that offside all day long.

Haven't reffed for a good few years, but aye that's offside any day of the week for me.

Still think Juve are retaining the scudetto, like. Napoli have still got to go away to Juve and their squad hasn't got as much strength in depth as Juve's.

(Juventus have conceded 1 goal in their last 15 matches in all competitions, fucking hell :lol:)

Still think Juve are retaining the scudetto, like. Napoli have still got to go away to Juve and their squad hasn't got as much strength in depth as Juve's.

(Juventus have conceded 1 goal in their last 15 matches in all competitions, fucking hell :lol:)

Aye, agree with that. Tbf I thought Napoli would have fallen apart a bit by now after Juve closed the gap to 1 but they've held their nerve well so far

(Juventus have conceded 1 goal in their last 15 matches in all competitions, f***ing hell :lol:)

Aye, agree with that. Tbf I thought Napoli would have fallen apart a bit by now after Juve closed the gap to 1 but they've held their nerve well so far

They've got Lazio at home next week, tough game, already won at Juventus. Still expect them to drop points at some stage and as soon as they do Juve will overtake them and stay in 1st. They're just too good.

Shame because although I like Juventus some of the stuff Napoli have played under Sarri has been quality.