The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I think Deulofeu's leg is in a natural position for continuing his run, don't think he's the one initiating the contact

Jesus man, he’s desperate to touch the ball away from Courtois and go down. That’s the only thing in his mind.

:thup:

If somebody dived like that on the halfway line, people would think he'd be shot, it's embarrassing. He's took a touch away from goal and left his leg in, hoping for even 1% contact.

If he’d just kept on running and got clipped then fair enough. Not sure he was getting on the end of his touch anyway to be honest but at least it would have looked more natural. As it happened he took off before Courtois even got there and he was mid air when the faintest of contact was made. He’s cheated, pure and simple. Gayle did it 3 games in a row in December and got zero pens. The colour of the shirt still matters, some clubs get the breaks, others get fuck all.

I think Deulofeu's leg is in a natural position for continuing his run, don't think he's the one initiating the contact

Jesus man, he’s desperate to touch the ball away from Courtois and go down. That’s the only thing in his mind.

Courtois is the one moving towards him, not the other way around. Deulofeu is in a perfectly natural position to follow the ball when he gets fouled. He feels the contact and makes a meal of it, yes but you have to do that if you want a penalty

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. Diving is my pet hate so I tend to take this view a lot.

Courtois is the one moving towards him, not the other way around. Deulofeu is in a perfectly natural position to follow the ball when he gets fouled. He feels the contact and makes a meal of it, yes but you have to do that if you want a penalty

A penalty is compensation for being fouled or obstructed in a goal scoring position, not an incentive to dive.

A penalty is compensation for being fouled or obstructed in a goal scoring position, not an incentive to dive.

Aye, but I think he was fouled, and players that are fouled but don't dive don't get penalties

Just think that the sending off and the penalty were Dean's way of making sure Watford weren't dragged into the relegation fight. Chelsea's season is over anyway, might as well do a favour for plucky little London club Watford.

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. Diving is my pet hate so I tend to take this view a lot.

:thup: Fair enough

He’s not in a natural position when he’s already throwing himself in the air. If he ‘makes a meal of it’ as you say yourself then he’s not been fouled sufficiently to bring him down and it’s a dive - no? Otherwise he wouldn’t have to make a meal of it and would have no option but to go down.

He’s not in a natural position when he’s already throwing himself in the air. If he ‘makes a meal of it’ as you say yourself then he’s not been fouled sufficiently to bring him down and it’s a dive - no? Otherwise he wouldn’t have to make a meal of it and would have no option but to go down.

He only throws himself into the air when he's felt the touch. Players who get fouled exaggerate their dive all the time. Even if he's not been fouled sufficiently to go to ground naturally, any contact around his legs from Courtois that is stopping him from continuing his run at the same speed and getting to the ball is a foul

We’ll have to agree to disagree because there is no way that contact that he initiated was enough to bring him down or even impede him in the slightest :lol:

Think you’ve been watching too much of Shane Long :lol:

Any contact on your legs when you are running at full speed is enough to impede you. Also still don't think he initiated the contact but we'll leave it there :thup: