The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Apparently there is an exactly appropriate level of reaction to each type of victory, the context of it and the size of the club. Nothing can just be a case of getting carried away in the moment, it has to be 'embarrassing' or 'small-time'. It's nonsense. We invaded the pitch after Sammy Ameobi scored in a pre-season friendly :lol:

Its about context and what’s at stake as to whether a pitch invasion is or should be a legitimate response to what’s went before during the match. Mostly it’s a sheep mentality, a few do it, then a few more follow, then the rest follow. Mostly for follows on twitter... or likes on facebook. Invading a pitch for winning a play-off two legged semi is kind of nonesense.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: :lol:

Exactly, that sums up modern fans. Mind when I went to Craven Cottage a few weeks back I did a Facebook live video so I can talk :lol:

Apparently there is an exactly appropriate level of reaction to each type of victory, the context of it and the size of the club. Nothing can just be a case of getting carried away in the moment, it has to be 'embarrassing' or 'small-time'. It's nonsense. We invaded the pitch after Sammy Ameobi scored in a pre-season friendly :lol:

Well I would agrue that there is a approiate level of celebration given the context of the victory and the size of the clubs involved. Imagine if we celebrated beating Luton in the FA cup third round like we just won the league for example. Very embarrassing and inapproiate. The Sammy thing is different as that was a blatant piss take.

Villa are still a big club too and the standard have to be higher than that for them. They should be celebrating finishing 1st not qualifying for a once of game for a shot at going up.

I don't think there's a lot of difference between us celebrating the title at Plymouth on the pitch and them celebrating reaching the play-off final.

While we'd won something, there was actually less on the line considering the real target of promotion had already long been sealed. The play-offs are intense, and getting through a tight game in them to reach Wembley is a big release of emotion.

I don't think there's a lot of difference between us celebrating the title at Plymouth on the pitch and them celebrating reaching the play-off final.

While we'd won something, there was actually less on the line considering the real target of promotion had already long been sealed. The play-offs are intense, and getting through a tight game in them to reach Wembley is a big release of emotion.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree then.

My personal belief is that if you are a big club bigger standards come with that and as a fan you should be proud of those higher standards and only celebrate having those standards achieved. For Villa promotion has got to be the absolute minimum. Not qualifying for simply the chance to go up in a once off game.

It wasn’t a proper pitch job, just a load of stone islanders getting their fix to touch racist JT. Villa lose the playoffs and they’re going to be haemorrhaging money again.

Could be absewlewtly delicious.

BT Sport is to show Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the final of the UEFA Champions League for free online via YouTube, the BT Sport app and btsport.com later on this month.

The UEFA Europa League final will also be made available online to millions of additional fans who do not yet subscribe to BT Sport and supports the broadcaster’s promise to make televised sport more accessible to more people.

The first elite final will see Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid take on Marseille in Lyon on Wednesday 16 May.

The following week on Saturday 26 May will see Jurgen Klopp’s men travel to the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv and pit their wits against European giants and 12-time winners of the European Cup, Real Madrid. Zinedine Zidane’s men will be looking to win it for the third year in a row, with Liverpool hoping to win the competition for the sixth time.

The matches will be available for free to watch on YouTube in 4K UHD at youtube.com/btsport, the BT Sport app and btsport.com and available for BTTV subscribers on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 4K UHD. BT Sport subscribers will also be able to enjoy 360 highlights on the app throughout the game.

I dislike Villa as much as the next bloke, but after watching this yesterday I wanted Boro to get humped.

No doubt the little pleb will have an Arsenal Fan TV worthy video up tonight. Also I apologise for the none NE folk who won't understand a fucking word that bloke says.

I dislike Villa as much as the next bloke, but after watching this yesterday I wanted Boro to get humped.

No doubt the little pleb will have an Arsenal Fan TV worthy video up tonight. Also I apologise for the none NE folk who won't understand a fucking word that bloke says.

:lol: is that a normal cadence or did he just mainline a speedball?

Marseille's best player by a mile, never mind Payet. Also as an aside whenever I see Lucas Ocampos play I can just imagine him in the Premier League, particularly under someone like Rafa. Does his defensive work very well and is strong & combative for a winger.

Too slow for the PL imo.