Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle United - 28/01/18

Disco

Granted im sure we can accurately blame the regime but I thought Caballero wasn't interested in coming here and prefered the potential chelsea bench?

He was lined up to come, the club told Benitez they were on with it but did f*** all because we already had four goalkeepers on the books at that time. Caballero got fed up of waiting and signed for Chelsea instead. Benitez pulled the plug on the Darlow to Boro deal as a result.

Wow that sadly doesn't surprise me at all. I don't remember reading that about cabellero or Abraham. Sigh.

We have now not got further than the 4th round since 2005/2006 which for a club that's been a premier league team for all but 2 of them seasons is nothing short of an absolute fucking disgrace

The contempt and absolute shambolic way we address cup games since Ashley took over is absolutely scandalous

Cuntish, Chelsea-centric, take on the match by Lawrenson, on MOTD. Inference that we looked more of a Championship side than Cardiff. No acknowledgement of what sounded like, in the main, a good first half performance, conceding two goals on the break /counter attack,  and then the difficulty of facing a two goal deficit against a top team.

Felt and looked like a completely routine, comfortable home win the second the balls came out of the hat. The 3-0 win was completely predictable and we’ve seen it all too often. It was like watching an old tape from years ago, same old same old. Thoroughly fucking sick of it.

Felt and looked like a completely routine, comfortable home win the second the balls came out of the hat. The 3-0 win was completely predictable and we’ve seen it all too often. It was like watching an old tape from years ago, same old same old. Thoroughly fucking sick of it.

Yep seen it all before many many times over we rock up and just roll over and have our bellys tickled like a cowardly dog

This game was buying money you could have put your mortgage on a home win

Did you watch the full game? Genuinely curious.

Me? Yeah.

Fair enough. Your initial description was the MOTD take on it and we might have predicted 3-0 when it came out of the bag. I didn’t see it but felt encouraged by the radio commentary; early on, it made it sound quite the opposite of the predicable rout.

Did you watch the full game? Genuinely curious.

Me? Yeah.

Fair enough. Your initial description was the MOTD take on it and we might have predicted 3-0 when it came out of the bag. I didn’t see it but felt encouraged by the radio commentary; early on, it made it sound quite the opposite of the predicable rout.

We tried and had a reasonable go at them but they were always in control and just played it out. They never needed to get out of first gear and were comfortable really. Both teams simply went through the motions from the second the second goal went in. The second half was like a testimonial.

Guest firetotheworks

Cuntish, Chelsea-centric, take on the match by Lawrenson, on MOTD. Inference that we looked more of a Championship side than Cardiff. No acknowledgement of what sounded like, in the main, a good first half performance, conceding two goals on the break /counter attack,  and then the difficulty of facing a two goal deficit against a top team.

He was right.

People saying it was an 'all Premiership tie', but considering only Manquillo (who is of a Champo standard) and Saivet (not far off Manquillo) were not part of the squad from last season reveals that this was a match between two teams of different divisions.

I know we're on the brink of falling into the relegation zone, but it's a miracle Rafa has worked that we aren't in there or cut adrift at this point. I know people get frustrated by him, but realistically we'd be completely screwed without him.

What always stings with us about these games is that literally nobody thinks we could pull off a shock or even take any decent team to a replay or extra time even, its always a foregone conclusion that we lose to anyone half decent, whereas you see sides at around our level or even less pulling off upsets fairly often, why is it so iron clad with us that we'll go and get battered, especially since we apparently have the better manager too.

Played it like a routine game with no passion,willingness to compete and players like Gayle terrified to take it on when given the chance instead of passing when he had a perfectly good time to shoot