Newcastle United 1 - 1 Burnley - 31/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Dave

We're absolutely fucked. If we can't beat a Burnley side at home who clearly couldn't give a fuck about tonight then we're not staying up.

Kenedy and Murphy were excellent, but my god Dummet, Yedlin, and Joselu....how the hell are they part of this squad. Appalling players.

You know, when all said and done I just can't see how it would've hurt to give Mitro a few runs out instead of Joselu for some of the games this season, I mean Joselu is utter dogshit. I get that for some reason Rafa doesn't like Mitro, maybe because of his temperament, but jeezo surely it couldn't have been any worse than the results we've had?

Burnley have beaten top teams this season, and we haven't been great at home.

It's not so much the result, but the nature of it, especially with Kenedy doing so well and the wave of optimism with Slimani coming in.

Let's be thankful that we have seemingly brought in a very good player that has got us a point already in Kenedy. We once again created numerous chances and should have a striker coming in that can convert them.

Better days ahead guys. Thank God we didn't lose.

Howay man.  Be thankful?  Aye we've got a good player on loan, we needed about 4/5.  Whatever way you sugar coat it this is a shit result in my book. 

Guest alijmitchell

sorry rafa but keep picking joselu and he'll keep missing big chances and it'll keep biting us on the ass

I'm no big Joselu fan, but everyone else misses them too...

I know mate but he's cost us the win tonight there's no dressing it up. The guy is f***ing s*** and should be leaving on loan tonight, not starting a game we really needed 3 points.

And the Rafa bashing starts. Fucking hell. We have no strikers worthy of playing up top for us. None. They’re all shit. Suppose Rafa told Joselu to miss the pen?

It's not so much the result, but the nature of it, especially with Kenedy doing so well and the wave of optimism with Slimani coming in.

Let's be thankful that we have seemingly brought in a very good player that has got us a point already in Kenedy. We once again created numerous chances and should have a striker coming in that can convert them.

Burnley are a terrible side who were playing well for first half of the season, well above their level just like Huddersfield/Brighton. They have been showing their true level for the past 6-7 games and this was the perfect time to play them. This is a terrible result, no two ways about it. We're constantly throwing away points at our main rivals, so "better days ahead"? It can hardly get much fucking worse can it.

It's gutting conceding so late, but there's a lot of positives.

Burnley have only lost to a side outside the top 7 once since the second week of the season. They haven't even conceded against most.

The fact we should have won this game with ease says a lot really. Get a good striker on some of those chances, thats really good signs imo.

You are really one of the only bright spots in the football section of the forum, man.

Guest reefatoon

If our dreams come true and Ashley’s helicopter falls out the sky, I hope to f***ing god it smashes into Joselu’s face.

You know, when all said and done I just can't see how it would've hurt to give Mitro a few runs out instead of Joselu for some of the games this season, I mean Joselu is utter dogshit. I get that for some reason Rafa doesn't like Mitro, maybe because of his temperament, but jeezo surely it couldn't have been any worse than the results we've had?

:thup:

We are going down 100%.

Couldn’t win a home game if their lives depended on it this lot. Bottlers, afraid of playing in front of big crowds, probably because none of them have anywhere near enough ability to warrant playing in front of big crowds.

Another fucking relegation. I am sick of a Mike Ashely Newcastle fucking sick of it. If we go down again I am completely giving up on this club until that fat fuck in gone from the club.

Joselu is dogturd, but lets be honest, how many times have we called for him to come on everytime his other replacement Gayle had been equally as shite..

Honestly what can we do? Thank fuck for Slimani coming in

Burnley are a terrible side who were playing well for first half of the season, well above their level just like Huddersfield/Brighton. They have been showing their true level for the past 6-7 games and this was the perfect time to play them. This is a terrible result, no two ways about it. We're constantly throwing away points at our main rivals, so "better days ahead"? It can hardly get much f***ing worse can it.

They were absolutely dreadful tonight any team with a decent striker would have comfortably beaten them, but that's not us, we have much tougher looking fixtures coming up than this one, it should have been 3 points and could well be crucial at the end of the season.

After the Chelsea match everyone was slating Gayle saying he's finished and Joselu should be playing.  Basically we've got shit forwards and I can't imagine Mitro being any worse than these two.  Hopefully Slimani will save us.  our only hope.

Imagine relying on the loan signing of Leicester City's 4th-choice striker to save us from relegation. Welcome to Ashley's Newcastle.

Kennedy was class, hope we dont see him at LB looks far to creative to be pushed out there, him and Murphy will be a threat from the wings, much more pace in the side with those two, im sure Slimani would get opportunities from Kennedy and Murphy.

On the down side, Joselu, where do you start with him... such a crap pen then misses a great chance to see the game out and grab a desperate home win. Its such a predicament that we always seem to hang onto a player like this, you think you have pushed out the worst players when Colback is moved on, but now we have this twat. Still dont get why Rafa gives him time. Also another problem is Yedlin, the lad is a total liability at the back, really worries me, he is awful.

On the plus side we didnt lose, but we should have been out of sight.