Liverpool 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/03/18 - Post-match reaction from page 11

BlueStar

Guest Howaythetoon

What’s wrong with it? He does. He just doesn’t go into detail why he thinks what he thinks or says what he says which I think people expect or want him to,, as if he HAS to justify his opinions or give a reason for them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Crumpy would make a mint character for a sit com mind. It’s his kids’ birthday and the cake is unveiled... cake looks shit and tastes even worse, but happy birthday son.

Just passed your test... Think your a great driver eh? Good chance you’ll lose your licence in the next year or get killed by a lorry. But well done, give my card to your friends.

I’ve met him, only briefly mind, and he seemed a jovial fella and I do like his posts even if I don’t agree with them all.

Guest Howaythetoon

Spot on that and agree entirely. Banter FFS. It’s sadly not unexpected with some of the younger lot in our rank who need educated or a good slapping.

There was a thread on here iirc about the same issue about a year ago. There's younger fans (like me actually, probably between about 15 to about 21) who see travelling away from home as an opportunity to get utterly shitfaced on drink and/or drugs, winding home fans up, singing s*** songs like "don't take me home", "is this a library" et cetera rather than actually supporting Newcastle United. I was a mess away at Man City after a day on the drink in Manchester but I wasn't causing any bother, provoking home fans, just singing and supporting NUFC which is what it should be about: following us away from home with your mates, a few pints before and after, celebrate/moan after the game with your mates on the way home.

The "sign on" and "stereo" chants are a pure cringe, not only because of the actual figures of unemployment and crime in Liverpool and Newcastle respectively, but because the North East was actually hit much harder by Thatcher than Liverpool was. The fanbases of NUFC and LFC are similar, both working class Labour voting cities which revolve around the football clubs, have awfully distinguishable accents and have had periods of relative greatness in the past. The chants on Saturday were embarrassing and were very much likely to be that group of morons aged 15 to 21 trying to get a reaction from the Liverpool fans, which is very weird as they had just applauded the anti Ashley chants. :lol: Have to laugh because it's so fatuous.

No bigger excuse for being a complete dickhead than 'banter' these days, can't pinpoint when it reemerged as a word either; probably this age of everyone having an easy and immediate platform to spout unaccountable bollocks online.

There was a thread on here iirc about the same issue about a year ago. There's younger fans (like me actually, probably between about 15 to about 21) who see travelling away from home as an opportunity to get utterly shitfaced on drink and/or drugs, winding home fans up, singing s*** songs like "don't take me home", "is this a library" et cetera rather than actually supporting Newcastle United. I was a mess away at Man City after a day on the drink in Manchester but I wasn't causing any bother, provoking home fans, just singing and supporting NUFC which is what it should be about: following us away from home with your mates, a few pints before and after, celebrate/moan after the game with your mates on the way home.

The "sign on" and "stereo" chants are a pure cringe, not only because of the actual figures of unemployment and crime in Liverpool and Newcastle respectively, but because the North East was actually hit much harder by Thatcher than Liverpool was. The fanbases of NUFC and LFC are similar, both working class Labour voting cities which revolve around the football clubs, have awfully distinguishable accents and have had periods of relative greatness in the past. The chants on Saturday were embarrassing and were very much likely to be that group of morons aged 15 to 21 trying to get a reaction from the Liverpool fans, which is very weird as they had just applauded the anti Ashley chants. :lol: Have to laugh because it's so fatuous.

Whilst most of this may be accurate. I live in Liverpool and there has been literally f*** all mentioned about our politically ironic chants. I feel although it is abit sad and cringey, it's some of our snowflake support that have brought this into the limelight on social media, particularity twitter. It's certainly not LFC fans complaining, or atleast not to the degree some of our fans are.

Whilst most of this may be accurate. I live in Liverpool and there has been literally f*** all mentioned about our politically ironic chants. I feel although it is abit sad and cringey, it's some of our snowflake support that have brought this into the limelight on social media, particularity twitter. It's certainly not LFC fans complaining, or atleast not to the degree some of our fans are.

Seen a few big LFC fan accounts and some LFC journalists talk about it on Twitter. Glad that they're on the whole not bothered about it though.

Point still stands about our away support though. Can totally see why older fans pack in going away other than for smaller allocations.

Seen a few big LFC fan accounts and some LFC journalists talk about it on Twitter. Glad that they're on the whole not bothered about it though.

Point still stands about our away support though. Can totally see why older fans pack in going away other than for smaller allocations.

:thup:

I hated getting on a bus from Haymarket after a late kick off and it's full of 14 year old radjees chanting shit songs, or having a group of young lads flicking the Vs or swearing because their mother isn't there to give them a clip. So for me it's more than just the away following they ruin :lol:

Snowflake support ffs, it's just s***, uncalled for craic. People would sooner see you back your own team and fair enough.

It is shit craic based on an ironic uneducated insult, aye. But some people love jumping on their high horse to be offended or embarrassed on behalf of somebody else who either doesn't care or is unaware.

If a load of scousers started chanting "ANDDDDD Thatcher shut your pits, yes thatcher shut your pits, etc etc" would you REALLY be that bothered. Knar, you'd think "Fucking daftys" and you'd get on with your day :lol: 

Society is sort of stuck in a whirlpool of shit at the moment caused by dickheads trying to be as controversial and offensive as possible under the guise of internet anonymity existing at the exact same time as unprecedented numbers of people gasping to be offended by everything.

Football is no different.

I think I prefer the dickheads to the offended brigade.

As Bill Maher says, new rule; you can't be more offended than the person who the offence was aimed at.

I doubt the Liverpool fans give two shits about some charvers signing a song which they have heard at every home game at Anfield in the last 10 years.

No it's not clever, no it's not funny but give it a rest FFS.

Guest firetotheworks

As Bill Maher says, new rule; you can't be more offended than the person who the offence was aimed at.

I doubt the Liverpool fans give two shits about some charvers signing a song which they have heard at every home game at Anfield in the last 10 years.

As I say, new rule; Bill Baher's not worth listening to and gatekeeping is for morons.

As I say, new rule; Bill Baher's not worth listening to and gatekeeping is for morons.

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

:dowie:

*Maher

*Gorons

I don't think there is an offended brigade in this instance. It's not virtue signalling and it also isn't a race to the bottom. I don't think I'm unreasonable in being frustrated when you have people wearing the badge travelling the country and behaving like twats. I'm not a prude or a killjoy or devoid of 'bants'. Same as the paedo stuff, I'll take objection when people are chanting about poverty. If you are one of those who indulge in it then don't be offended when you're labelled a twat in people's eyes.

Aimed at no one in particular disclaimer

The chants are boring, unfunny and tedious and the vast majority of us would never sing them, but the attempt at a Geordie/Scouse love in is quite bizarre.

Liverpool and Everton have often been aggressive towards Newcastle fans and never really concerned themselves with our sensitivities.

It's also incorrect to somehow portray us as victims of the same economic woes. Merseyside and Tyneside had different economies and their respective downturns were due to quite different circumstances.

Haven't heard the 'sign on' song for donkeys. I always thought it was ironic. It came about when Liverpool were one of the best football teams in the world, and when you went to Anfield you knew you were going to be beaten. 'sign on' was just a reminder to them that, in reality, we are all made of the same shit.

The chants are boring, unfunny and tedious and the vast majority of us would never sing them, but the attempt at a Geordie/Scouse love in is quite bizarre.

Liverpool and Everton have often been aggressive towards Newcastle fans and never really concerned themselves with our sensitivities.

It's also incorrect to somehow portray us as victims of the same economic woes. Merseyside and Tyneside had different economies and their respective downturns were due to quite different circumstances.

Is this really a thing? I think people are drawing sensible parallels and I personally respect their local fans for a lot of unity and their belief in their club but Rafa stuff aside I don't think this is really happening.