Ray Wilkins dies aged 61

Dave

If there is one shaft of light in an otherwise sad thread, at least we have learned that Stifler has a congenital heart problem. Silver linings and all that.

Aye mate, fucking great knowing that one day I’ll end up needing a heart transplant.

I’ve heard some stuff but being thankful of that because I disagree with some people on a football forum is low.

If there is one shaft of light in an otherwise sad thread, at least we have learned that Stifler has a congenital heart problem. Silver linings and all that.

Aye mate, fucking great knowing that one day I’ll end up needing a heart transplant.

I’ve heard some stuff but being thankful of that because I disagree with some people on a football forum is low.

I'm joking stiffy. If you dropped down dead, I'd feel terrible.

I'm joking stiffy. If you dropped down dead, I'd feel terrible.

All I did was try to bring some stats in about his handed which isn’t good. Whenever stuff like this happens I always feel bad for the victim as I know theirs a good chance that I could be in a similar position in future. I wish him a full recovery, but unfortunately I know that chances arn’t on his side.

Get Well Butch!

I wrote a little project about him at school when I was twelve. I remember writing about the goal he scored against Belgium and doing one them crap portraits you do as a kid. He didn't actually score many and was known more for just knocking it square. In those days, defensive midfielders and recycling the ball weren't exactly appreciated. That might have been why he went to Serie A.

Anyroad, a real enthusiast about the game and on all accounts a gentleman. Hope he pulls through.

For such a negative player, the goal you describe against Belgium and the goal he scored against Brighton in the Cup final were absolute crackers.

Good player, I had a girlfriend who’s mother absolutely loved him. England were playing in South America and despite it being a friendly it was shown live late at night on the beeb (very rare in the 80’s), anyway she’s gushing over what a gent he was and how good looking he was when he snarled to a very young ball right in front of a mic and tv camera to give him the fucking ball. It was absolutely hilarious 😂 granted, you had to be there to see the look of horror on her face.

Hope he pulls through, 61 is no age.

😂 fairly sure it was against Uruguay a few days after the John Barnes goal beat Brazil. Remember it as clear as day. As if the ball boy would understand it

Wor lass has hyperventrical tachycardia (I think that's the one), so shes always on edge and often has episodes, so I feel for you Stiffy.  O0

No bother.

As for your lass, if it’s what I think it is (heart rate can accelerate) then I feel for her. I think it can often be treated with medication (digoxin). I knew a lass with it, and she was explaining to me about times when her heart rate would double when she was just resting. Would be awful. Fortunately I just have a low stamina when exercising, and at the minute I can live a fairly normal life, for others who can’t though must be even worse.

Maybe if Stifler didn't trample on posters who hold jobs in professions like psychology, cardiology and ovenology he wouldn't get so much grief.

In all fairness I have a degree is psychology and I’m registered on the BPS.

The stats I pulled up on cardiology arn’t exactly wrong and I never disagreed with the other member who said cardiac care is getting better.

Always found him a bit of a bell but you wouldn’t wish something so horrible on someone who was a good pro and likely a decent fella. Get well Ray.

Wondered where that was going until the last word :lol:

Maybe if Stifler didn't trample on posters who hold jobs in professions like psychology, cardiology and ovenology he wouldn't get so much grief.

In all fairness I have a degree is psychology and I’m registered on the BPS.

The stats I pulled up on cardiology arn’t exactly wrong and I never disagreed with the other member who said cardiac care is getting better.

Proud of you :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Hope he recovers, I remember he was co commentating on us vs Chelsea at home when Shola scored and Shearer scored a belter in a 2-1 win and he commented that on days like that there is probably no better atmosphere in English football than at SJP, always seemed to speak well of us. Good bloke and a hell of a player in his day by all accounts.