Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest covmag

Ndong for £6.5M when they're in league 1 is good business tbh, I doubt they paid the whole £13.6m upfront too.

they will get zero from that sale, they won't even have paid for him, hes dogshite mind.

19,000 season tickets, our fans  :lol: :lol:

The knock down prices they're flogging season tickets for means those 19,000 will barely cover Rodwell 's annual salary.

Sweet talking Charlie needs to convince a few more if they're going to get anywhere near covering the dead wood's salaries for next season.

Ndong going to Torino for £6.6m.

Seriously that is excellent business for them, he's not worth half that, despite what they paid for him. Makes Colback look like a footballer.

excellent business? oh yeah pay 13.6m for a player sell him for 6.6 18 months later that 6.6 won't even cover what they owe on him

glad you're not my financial adviser

Am I really going to argue with the forum's resident Mensa ? Oh ffs why not. Dude you have to forget what they paid for any of their players, the one and only priority for them now is to shift them and to shift them for as much as they can get. N'Dong, is complete and utter trash, honestly I wouldn't even pay 7 figures for him. He's not going to help them climb out of that division and they can't afford to pay him.  6.5 million that's a luducrous offer based on what we've seen of the lad. As far as they are concerned that's one off the wage bill and 6.5 million towards paying off their transfer deficit.

They will get a decent fee for Khazari too, sounds like he had a good season back in France, I'm not sure what's going on with Borini but I thought AC Milan had a obligation to buy, Kone and Dijiboji (sp) are going to be hard to shift, Rodwell and Cattermole are going nowhere and they have a bunch of others like Oveido, McGeedy and Love who will be on wages way too high for that division. They are still deep shit and as the guy's above said, although 19k is impressive for a L1 side it's not really going to help their finances a huge amount, because the revenue generated is so low. First step though for them is to get that wage bill down, if that means giving players away for huge losses, then so be it, it's better than paying them. 

Guest Open_C
:thup: this is not rocket science like.  Presumably the only scenarios which represent good business for some are (a) sell him for as much or more than they paid for him, which clearly isn't going to happen or (b) just keep him out of principle and bankrupt themselves with his wages.  My go-to sensible mackem can't believe they got 6.6 for him, it's obviously a step forward for them.

Guest ElCid

Excellent business is what I call a Sissoko sale getting a big sale on a player who was clearly not worth the price. I class this sale as necessary business - accepting a fee which will go straight to the club they bought him from to pay off the original money still owed whilst getting a high earner off the books to cut down the costs which they can’t maintain for a third division club.

Guest ElCid

They're not in a position to do anything other than what they've done like

Don’t disagree on that but it’s not excellent business overall they are still making a big loss on the overall transfer. As I said necessary business.

Guest covmag

They're not in a position to do anything other than what they've done like

Don’t disagree on that but it’s not excellent business overall they are still making a big loss on the overall transfer. As I said necessary business.

this, they are a fucking laughing stock  :lol:

Overall its an horrific piece of business, but they've done well to get that kind of fee for him. No doubt it still leaves them owing Lorient, but at a massively reduced rate plus saved wages.

Guest covmag

Overall its an horrific piece of business, but they've done well to get that kind of fee for him. No doubt it still leaves them owing Lorient, but at a massively reduced rate plus saved wages.

i don't think they will have a problem getting out of L1, however having the financial clout to get out of the champo is gonna be the big stumbling point for them, they simply have to win promotion first time  :lol:    or they will be in the wilderness for a long long time  :whistle:

hope they rot  O0

They're going to need as many of the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Boro, etc to go up as possible, and as much dross from the Premier League to go down to stand a chance of back-to-back promotions.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s good money that is all, it’s another huge was though or rather a bad piece of business like most of their transfer dealings in the last decade.

Like this one, you mean?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/matt-ritchie.1245021/

Few comments like this on that thread too

Why would fans of a side in a higher division than you be rattled ?? Did you mistake this for The Burton Albion fans forum

Odd considering their current mantra.

Wow! That is glorious!

This lad gets it

Eddie Howe is no mug. Ritchie is a good championship player who is rated higher than his ability by many due to a couple of MOTD moments, including one against us!

So it was all a big joke when this was first mentioned, smilies, deluded etc. Now it looks like it could happen he's not that good anyway!

This place man!! :lol: :lol:

Like this one, you mean?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/matt-ritchie.1245021/

Few comments like this on that thread too

Why would fans of a side in a higher division than you be rattled ?? Did you mistake this for The Burton Albion fans forum

Odd considering their current mantra.

:lol:

EFL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA