Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Is there any reason why they all say we stink of piss and cover ourselves in gravy ?

It's madness. Like us looking at Spurs or something and insisting they cover themselves in their own shit to get fake tans.

pri_62026574-e1512397766623.jpg?w=748&h=710&crop=1

"Better than San Tropez marra...."

Is there any reason why they all say we stink of piss and cover ourselves in gravy ?

It's madness. Like us looking at Spurs or something and insisting they cover themselves in their own shit to get fake tans.

pri_62026574-e1512397766623.jpg?w=748&h=710&crop=1

"Better than San Tropez marra...."

Dirty bastard sitting in public with his kex around his ankles

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/our-time-in-league-one.1433822/

The lack of self-awareness is staggering considering the threads over there that have even suggested that they aren't the biggest club in the division.

Such as..

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/portsmouth-biggest-club-in-league-1.1433749/

With this further on

Pompey fan here also in peace. Keep an eye on you lot due to connections in the NE. Not really a debate this - I'd say you are the bigger club, as would most of us. Believe this is only your 2nd season in the 3rd tier?

:lol:

Humility indeed...

Incredible.

Wow.  They’re talking with exactly the same arrogance that they were a year ago.  It would be truely glorious to see them struggle in that league aswell. 

That thread is something else. The irony of their own arrogance vis a vis other teams at that level will no doubt be lost on them. They talk about wanting to be remembered (ha) by fans of other clubs for their humility whilst at the same time expecting them to hammer every team and be promoted by Easter. It's baffling that they've not learned their lesson from last season. Have they really been this caught up in the PR guff of their new owners?

As a club, who to visit were a great day out for them and a club who's away supporters, came to visit them in large numbers helping to bring much needed additional revenue to them.

Aye true, not sure L1 grounds normally sell out 1/2 of their allocation tbf

That thread is something else. The irony of their own arrogance vis a vis other teams at that level will no doubt be lost on them. They talk about wanting to be remembered (ha) by fans of other clubs for their humility whilst at the same time expecting them to hammer every team and be promoted by Easter. It's baffling that they've not learned their lesson from last season. Have they really been this caught up in the PR guff of their new owners?

Yep, and some !

Got to hand it to smooth talking Charlie like, he's got them eating out of his hands  :lol:

The arrogance is off the dial like, it's hilarious. Also easy to forget that anything other than winning the league will equate to the lowest finishing position in the history of the club. They're in the brink of watching a season of third division football and the worst season ever and they couldn't be more bullish, its amazing  :lol: :lol:

The arrogance is off the dial like, it's hilarious. Also easy to forget that anything other than winning the league will equate to the lowest finishing position in the history of the club. They're in the brink of watching a season of third division football and the worst season ever and they couldn't be more bullish, its amazing  :lol: :lol:

It's June man, they're always full of it at this time of year  :lol:

They did the same with the Championship, took it for granted and then quickly realised how difficult that league actually is.  I think they may be in for a rude awakening again.

What they seem to be missing is that whilst they are saying the Championship is rubbish, therefore this season will be easier, they finished bottom so there are already 2 teams in the 3rd division that performed better than they did last year.  They will also lose any half decent players they have who will need to be replaced.

I appreciate they may have more to spend and with a decent manager they should be OK but the assumption that they are there due to some weird accident and they will get a bye through to the Championship is, dare I say, arrogant and deluded

Still think they'll walk that league. It's easy to forget how bad the 3rd Division is until it's International weekend and Sky are forced to show it. The standard is absolutely rotten. Rotherham got relegated for the Championship in worse fashion than Sunderland and went straight back up the next season.

Even if/when they win the 3rd Division next season it still equals their worst ever season so no satisfaction can be taken from it.

While they're busy backslapping themselves and telling the world how massive they are they're failing to notice that both Burton and Barnsley, as well as several other clubs in the division, are probably better equipped for that league than they are.

Even though the Don, Wearside Jack and "our fans" are now recognised as the greatest things in football ever, I can't see much rational logic which indicates they will walk it next season.

But there again mackem logic is a very special thing.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its OK because Charlie will be on later sating how its because they feel they arent worthy of playing for League One’s greatest ever club.

Still think they'll walk that league. It's easy to forget how bad the 3rd Division is until it's International weekend and Sky are forced to show it. The standard is absolutely rotten. Rotherham got relegated for the Championship in worse fashion than Sunderland and went straight back up the next season.

Even if/when they win the 3rd Division next season it still equals their worst ever season so no satisfaction can be taken from it.

I've never watched my team in the 3rd Division so i've no idea how bad the 3rd Division is. I don't watch 3rd Division games far that reason. The 3rd Division is also new to them as their team hasn't been in the 3rd Division either...... oh hang on........