Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I really need that Netflix doc to come out

Spent much longer than I'd ever admit yesterday trying to find the release date (didn't find it).

Any chance it gets quietly binned?

Spent much longer than I'd ever admit yesterday trying to find the release date (didn't find it).

Naa. They tried several times to stop filming entirely and NF said Fucking no chance, weve comedy gerld here.

Naa. They tried several times to stop filming entirely and NF said Fucking no chance, weve comedy gerld here.

:lol: Get in.

Guest Howaythetoon

The new owners have shown incredible naivety since taking over, it’s good to communicate with fans and try and repair that disconnect, but it should come from the manager and players like Rafa and Lascelles and co repaired the disconnect between our club and us fans when we went down.

By saying this and that they have raised expectations and an almost cult like belief in the two which will only guarantee to bite them on the arse when it doesn’t transpire like it said the brochure for them. The mackems, clearly based on RTG, social media and their fanzines, don’t seem to live in the real world and the new owners should have been educating them about the dire situation they are in so they could accept how difficult this new era is going to be from the get go.

But it’s been significant budget this, taking no shit from agents that, not letting players going cheaply this, replacing seats  that, debt free this and the enevitable dig at us. And the mackems have lapped it up and many seem to think the Don and his PR right hand man can revitalise the club just with words or make things happen.

They are in for a huge shock and I said from the start they need to become a League One club in every aspect and not just in status because if they try and pretend to be this super club of the division and be managed on such delusion even if they are undoubtedly a huge club for that level, they will get their arses handed to them from agents, players and the opposition.

If they don’t start the first month of the season well and go to the top or play-off places in that period, gates will fall, interest will drop and the ones that stay behind and follow will turn angry, bitter and resentful and make the SOL an even more poisonous place to play for the home side. All of which will make any job the new owners have massively more difficult than it already is.

I haven’t saw my good mackem friend in a while, but try and keep in touch and he reckons things can and probably will get worse for them before it gets better.

I’ve read many a comment on here and on RTG and social media saying how piss poor that league is and how easy it will be for the mackems, but they are piss poor, their players, manager and everything about them from their League One sponsor are League One and not the best of League One either.

If they don’t get out of that division this season which is probably 50-50 right now they will stay down there for years and the thought of top-flight football ever returning will get further and further away as the Championship becomes a mini PL awash with money as clubs fight it out to become a PL club.

We were fortunate to go up first time of asking last season if you ask me. Not in terms of not deserving of course, just because it could have easily turn out badly as it has done for Villa and many clubs before us.

Anyway SMB :lol:

Yeah this game's meaningless in terms of results, but it's still hilarious that they've lost it rather than horsing the opposition 5-0 like they seem to think they have a god-given right to in that league.

Long may it continue, I still reckon they're good odds to go back up again but my word I'll laugh my insides out if they don't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mind Leyton Orient dicking us done us the world of good. The mackems celebrated that day like they’d just won the league. The texts I got that weekend and I sure RTG was running a live commentary of the match/goal :lol: