Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

He is way out of his depth and bringing Methven in alongside him was a desperate move, although his cheap dig about Newcastle fans being arrogant definitely bought him some favour with the masses.

Private Eye in it's recent scathing write up about "Thatcher worshipping smoothie chops" Methven describes how he took staff to task about modest expenses claims while claiming ridiculous amounts himself for lunches etc.

Now they've got fans fixing the seats while the boss is on a jolly to Russia.

The more level headed and astute mackems themselves must be beginning to wonder how this is going to pan out.

Do you have a link for that marra?

Nah sorry, nothing I could find but it is in their issue 1471 from about a month ago, page 15 under the heading "World of Sport".

Guest Howaythetoon

He is way out of his depth and bringing Methven in alongside him was a desperate move, although his cheap dig about Newcastle fans being arrogant definitely bought him some favour with the masses.

Private Eye in it's recent scathing write up about "Thatcher worshipping smoothie chops" Methven describes how he took staff to task about modest expenses claims while claiming ridiculous amounts himself for lunches etc.

The more level headed and astute mackems themselves must be beginning to wonder how this is going to pan out.

Nah sorry, nothing I could find but it is in their issue 1471 from about a month ago, page 15 under the heading "World of Sport".

Fucking Mag cunt!

Fucking Mag cunt!

I smell Bisto!!    IGNORE!!    :iamatwat:

Pete Crann

@petecrann79safc

2h2 hours ago

Replying to @SunderlandAFC

can those that are taking part bring their own tools or do we have to use what the club provide to abide by H&S

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

MickyJ

‏ @mickyj111

2h2 hours ago

Don’t worry, the whole place will be full of tools.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

[emoji38]

[emoji38] [emoji38]

http://i.imgur.com/WnMHr79.jpg

Yeah, the issue is that these fans have been taken for a ride by their club. The new owner should've treated the fans with some dignity and funded the seat-change himself or via a loan, or even a GoFundMe or whatever, but not relied on fans' actual labour.

Its volunteered work. Nobody had to help out but they chose to. If nobody had shown up, the club would have had to sort it out by other means or not at all.

Alternatively man with millions and millions of pounds, has conned a ton of people into working for him for free. To do a job that actually only professionals should do, and you wouldn’t even see at conference level.

Maybe if he loved the community he could have employed a local firm to do it? You know put some money into the local economy. Instead he’s fucked off on holiday

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Rodwell has more money than him now he's been paid off

Lots of things are done by "professionals" that anyone with time and motivation can do just as easily. Look at the video SAFC posted on their twitter. Not rocket science by the looks of it.

I know no other pro club uses fans to fit their stadium, but so the fuck what? God forbid someone thinks outside of the box :lol: Regardless of motive, I think it was a good idea. If we're speculating, maybe a lot of those people that helped out know the owner might have taken the piss, but decided to do it anyway as it isn't about him for them, but for the club and the fans?

Heard they need people to mow and look after the pitch. BYOM

If fans are willing they could also donate their time on the gate and serving food too. Maybe some admin tasks here and there.

Out of the box and into the chairman's pocket.

Bet these are wounded more than most after last night. All they had was the fact they had two ex-players with a chance of winning the World Cup, now they’re a club still in ruin who’ve just lost a match to a National League North team.

If Carroll hadn’t had all his injuries and was playing for England still, would we have been fawning over him like this lot?

Tbh it would have make me sick he left. It did when he scored for England for Liverpool.

Guest reefatoon

I hope our official account puts pictures of Thauvin up should France win on Sunday.

Actually, no I don’t it’s small time as fuck.

It's massively small time. It would be like us shouting about how we had three Geordie's in a semi final in 1990 where they only had two mackems in this semi final. We are still "local's in world cup semi's top dogs" marra.

Like getting your mates round to help you paint the garage and just pissing off down the pub and leaving them to it :lol:

Giz a text when ya's are done. See ya. :lol:

FRANCIS: Now, this is the palace in Caesar's Square. Our commando unit will approach from Fish Street, under cover of night, and make our way to the northwestern main drain. If questioned, we are sewage workers on our way to a conference. Reg, our glorious leader and founder of the P.F.J., will be coordinating consultant at the drain head, though he himself will not be taking part in any terrorist action, as he has a bad back.

BRIAN: Aren't you going to come with us?

REG: Solidarity, brother.

BRIAN: Oh, yes. Solidarity, Reg.

can see where conjo is coming from 100% personally, it's not unprecedented for clubs to ask fans for help in times of trouble it's usually more they ask for straight up financial help than something like this

if it was another club i'd probably think fair play but it's these dafts cunts so it's hilarious

Agree. Loads of Non League and lower league clubs ask their fans to help with this us such as ground maintenance which is what Sunderland are and have done. It's quite funny because it shows what they've now turned into but the principle of it is fine.