Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

so they get new investors with a combined wealth of 30 billion and thats not counting dell into the equation,depressing as fuck with all that shit we had to go through about the fakeover,can it get any worse

Guest godzilla

so they get new investors with a combined wealth of 30 billion and thats not counting dell into the equation,depressing as f*** with all that s*** we had to go through about the fakeover,can it get any worse

Nope, suppose it depends on how much the Dell owner is actually involved which is the key. If he is going to bankroll them then they will totally bypass us within a couple of year and will be big major players. If he isn't involved or is just a minor partner then they will possibly be like most other clubs being took over and still have to live within their means. All boils down to his actual involvement which will no doubt come out when it's announced. There were strong reports that he was involved in discussions with the fat prick about buying us in 2008 but nothing more came of it, surprise, surprise.

Don't all clubs now have to live within their means regardless? Even Man City had to scale it back didn't they? Otherwise it would be easy for any billionaire to take over a league 1 club and get to the Premier League.

For these men worth multi billions getting a league 1 club to the top half of the PL is still peanuts to them. The thing I don't get is why someone so rich would go to all the time and trouble it would take just to eventually maybe make what to them would be peanuts.

Unless it was just purely a play thing, but again I'm sure that rule has changed now so we won't see what PSG,Man City, Chelsea etc did again?

Guest chopey

Don't all clubs now have to live within their means regardless? Even Man City had to scale it back didn't they? Otherwise it would be easy for any billionaire to take over a league 1 club and get to the Premier League.

For these men worth multi billions getting a league 1 club to the top half of the PL is still peanuts to them. The thing I don't get is why someone so rich would go to all the time and trouble it would take just to eventually maybe make what to them would be peanuts.

Unless it was just purely a play thing, but again I'm sure that rule has changed now so we won't see what PSG,Man City, Chelsea etc did again?

Do Salford qualify for this

Their spending will still be relatively low though? Without knowing much about them tbf.

If it was as simple as it seems then surely more billionaires would do it. I just don't get if you are already a multi billionaire why go to a load of trouble just to possibly one day make peanuts

To bankroll just about guaranteed promotion out of league 1 including wages - 10m?

Then another 100m to get out the championship?

Then 200m or so to stabilise in the PL. That's also if all that money is spent well and if an owner is even allowed to just spend money like that now?

Over 300m in fees and contracts just to get to where the likes of a Burnley or Palace are now. Why wouldn't you just buy them for 200 odd million and cut out all the middle bit? Yeah there is huge TV money now but surely that would mainly go to running the club.

I don't get where an investor would be making money back out of all this and even if they did then the odd 10 million now and then is nothing when they are a billionaire to start with. Football just seems the last place to go to make money.

Great if you just want some fun like Abramovich and Mansour did

Guest godzilla

To bankroll just about guaranteed promotion out of league 1 including wages - 10m?

Then another 100m to get out the championship?

Then 200m or so to stabilise in the PL. That's also if all that money is spent well and if an owner is even allowed to just spend money like that now?

Over 300m in fees and contracts just to get to where the likes of a Burnley or Palace are now. Why wouldn't you just bit them for 200 odd million and cut out all the middle bit? Yeah there is huge TV money now but surely that would mainly go to running the club.

I don't get where an investor would be making money back out of all this and even if they did then the odd 10 million now and then is nothing when they are a billionaire to start with. Football just seems the last place to go to make money.

Great if you just want some fun like Abramovich and Mansour did

He's worth double what Mansour is. If he is getting involved I think he will want to make sure they are plying their trade within the premier league and challenging. Seems to be the way to go now (i.e. Wolves) buy a club on the cheap with potential and build it up bit by bit. We just have to wait and see how much he is involved (if at all), if he is we will be behind them within a couple of years.

It's hard to make money from it and there are limits to what you can put in so it will be even harder to get them to the top. So I just don't get what the point in it is. Unless there are no limits and you can still do a Man City if you wanted

Guest godzilla

It's hard to make money from it and there are limits to what you can put in so it will be even harder to get them to the top. So I just don't get what the point in it is. Unless there are no limits and you can still do a Man City if you wanted

You are kidding yourself if you don't think a bloke who is 25th richest in the world (if involved) is not going to make sure the investment is forthcoming, otherwise why get involved in the first place as certainly no money to be made in division 1 or the Championship.

Guest godzilla

I agree I'm just asking if that's allowed nowadays with financial fair play?

Some ways round it with sponsorship, kit suppliers, ground naming and other stuff. The fees for getting big companies (like Dell) involved are massive.

lets face it we are going to have our faces well and truly rubbed into shit :lol: i always thought it was a strange coincidence the day they lost at wembley and that very night we were almost celebrating the unthinkable.conspiracy theories  and all that

Guest godzilla

It will take the mackems being better than us for alot of our daft fans to stop going.

You're probably right on that as nothing else will

FFP is a lot more restricting now. You can’t do what Man City did, I even think they have clamped down on sponsorship rules where it can’t be above a certain amount which is dependant on other clubs. You also can’t increase your bill above a certain level each season, meaning the bigger clubs will always have that advantage.

They will be buying it to make money back eventually and and partially to promote their investment company. They will be ran well, but I don’t quite think they’ll be challenging for honours. At the best I think the most they’ll achieve and aim for is Europe. Even that is quite a way off.

Lucky them though, because exactly that would suit me fine for NUFC.