Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest godzilla

I actually think an ambitious and (moderately) successful Sunderland could be the only thing that wakes the 40000 zombies up. Nothing else has, maybe a bit of Mackey envy would work?

Maybe, our crowds are dwindling and I’m convinced only bounced back because of Rafa, there’s a hardcore 35,000 that will always go now in the PL, drop down and we will see crowds of that in the championship.

If we fell into division 3 like the strange c***s down the road I actually think we’d get no where near their attendances .

Disagree always have had bigger crowds by a huge margin as well.

When we were in the pits of division 2 early 80’s the crowds were s**** mind, I stood amongst them.

Crowds in general were down across the board, but we still got bigger crowds than Sunderland though during that time.

So according to the heathens the new era begins on Friday, we’ll f*** them , they are a 3rd division club now and for the foreseeable future.

They are all banking on surpassing out 90’s era and becoming the new Man City.

Bring the c***s on. ;)

They'll be in a higher league than us in 2 years

I actually think an ambitious and (moderately) successful Sunderland could be the only thing that wakes the 40000 zombies up. Nothing else has, maybe a bit of Mackey envy would work?

Maybe, our crowds are dwindling and I’m convinced only bounced back because of Rafa, there’s a hardcore 35,000 that will always go now in the PL, drop down and we will see crowds of that in the championship.

If we fell into division 3 like the strange c***s down the road I actually think we’d get no where near their attendances .

When we were in the pits of division 2 early 80’s the crowds were shite mind, I stood amongst them.

So did I and that is a stupid comparison

When they overtake us I won't even be that arsed, that's what Ashley has done me.

Theres nothing we can do about it.Without social media I wouldn't have given a fuck.

So according to the heathens the new era begins on Friday, we’ll f*** them , they are a 3rd division club now and for the foreseeable future.

Bring the c***s on. ;)

Don't know about 2 year (as I thought that last season) but it won't be long till they're back in front of us as long as Ashley's here.

It'll bother me as it'll be seen as some kind of unexpected upset from them down the road and the media, when in reality it's no more than NUFC deserve and also the blatantly obvious outcome considering nothing is being done within the club, or by those in the ground to prevent it.

When we were in the pits of division 2 early 80’s the crowds were s**** mind, I stood amongst them.

Crowds in general were down across the board, but we still got bigger crowds than Sunderland though during that time.

Can't  be arsed to look it up but that last bit surprises me. Long time ago and I was in my teens but I can remember they were in the old 1st division (top division in those days). After our failed promotion  bid of 1979/80 - i think Sunderland went up that season - I'm  sure our gates really dipped pre keegans arrival in August 1982.

Guest godzilla

Can't  be arsed to look it up but that last bit surprises me. Long time ago and I was in my teens but I can remember they were in the old 1st division (top division in those days). After our failed promotion  bid of 1979/80 - i think Sunderland went up that season - I'm  sure our gates really dipped pre keegans arrival in August 1982.

They got bigger gates the year they went up, the year after and only just the year after. From then 82/83 (still early 80s) we had bigger crowds even though we were a division below for a couple of year also, which continued for the rest of the 80s. The amount of times we have had bigger averages is not even worth comparing.

Ah well if it's TRUE about the crowds then fair enough, but that was in the past.

Now I think we would struggle to get 31k in the 3rd division with this set up? No?

If you ever want to compare attendances, this is a great site.

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/englandcontent.htm

Great site that  O0

Puts to bed my theory, they have always been the second best supported team in Tyne and Wearyside

Undoubtedly. The odd season when they have bettered our average has been the exception to the norm.

Bring the c***s on. ;)

Don't know about 2 year (as I thought that last season) but it won't be long till they're back in front of us as long as Ashley's here.

It'll bother me as it'll be seen as some kind of unexpected upset from them down the road and the media, when in reality it's no more than NUFC deserve and also the blatantly obvious outcome considering nothing is being done within the club, or by those in the ground to prevent it.

While I agree the fans could do more ( me included ) to blame the fans for this is wrong. It’s ashley

Bring the c***s on. ;)

While I agree the fans could do more ( me included ) to blame the fans for this is wrong. It’s ashley

I don't blame 'the fans' but I do place a fraction of the blame at the match going customers feet.

Correct, our situation is 100% down to Ashley.

The means to rectify our situation?  We'll never know.

How the fuck is Sunderland V Burton Albion postponed  because of international call ups? :lol:

Chickentown vs Tommy Robinson select eleven tommorow, should be entertaining as both teams insist on playing in white and if the ref wears black he must have a Visa