Was Thierry Henry famous before he signed for Arsenal?

Nobby
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was Thierry Henry famous before he signed for Arsena|?

He imo was great at Monaco, having great run in the uefa cup, going out 3-2 on agg to inter in the semis in 97, and then played in World Cup 98 in France, France winning the competition before Juve buying him for £10.7m in 98

He signed for Arseanl in 99 for £11m

Yeah...wasn't he famous for being a bit of a flop at juve or am i getting confused with someone else?

yes he was fmous and that was one of the reasons as well as being good at Monaco and playing in France 98

He actually played against us for Monaco, when we faced them during the UEFA Cup back in 96 (I think).

He did  :thup:

UEFA Cup 96-97 AS Monaco (h) Lost 0-1

UEFA Cup 96-97 AS Monaco (a) Lost 0-3

they had a grat run in the UEFA and were unlucky not to reach the final

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Cup_1996-97

Made that brilliant run on the right wing before crossing for Sonny Anderson who duly tucked it away for 1-0 at SJP.

Dreadlocks and all..

I can cetainly remember him in the waffa cup run he had in 97 when he tore us apart on the left wing.....as for being famous.....I remember a couple big clubs wanted to sign him from Monaco (prior) to Juve in 97....in particular that carry on when  Real Madrid agreed a contract/terms in 1996 but was later voided by UEFA or something.

Oh, and I did play Champ Man in 96 and he was canny player in that game ;)

I can cetainly remember him in the waffa cup run he had in 97 when he tore us apart on the left wing.....as for being famous.....I remember a couple big clubs wanted to sign him from Monaco (prior) to Juve in 97....in particular that carry on when Real Madrid agreed a contract/terms in 1996 but was later voided by UEFA or something.

Oh, and I did play Champ Man in 96 and he was canny player in that game ;)

Cos of a dire injury crisis,we were forced to play Bobby Lee up front IIRC.