Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - BRA & SWI advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: :lol: That was pretty funny. Also funny is that he was the most fouled player in a WC match since Alan Shearer in 98. Two of the greatest divers the game has ever seen.

:lol: The smileys trying to mask the absolute fury of this post.

:lol: I genuinely laughed at that gif tbh. That's said, can't fall asleep. Fucking pissed. Keep watching highlights from the game. We didn't play well, but they created nothing and still managed to score thanks to the ref.

:lol: Y'all going on like England don't have a game tomorrow.

Worst part is I'll be supporting England because of these dickheads :lol: Fuck it. Go Tunisia! My new favourite team in the World Cup.

Would it not be better if each team got to choose when they did reviews? And they had a limit of 3 per game or something like that similar to Tennis or Cricket.

3 and if you get one wrong you lose a substitution.  If you’ve made one sub already you have 2 reviews left.

Wenger on the push foul/no foul incident. Agree tbh

https://streamable.com/ch9mt

What he says regarding the VAR not intervening is ridiculous tbh. The VAR is supposed to be used to review a goal. That is as clear of a push as it can be. Seen 6 ex-FIFA referees say it's ridiculous that it was allowed and that it was allowed. As for the positioning, it's a bit scary that a manager like Wenger can say something regarding the positioning when in fact, if he doesn't get the push he clears the ball. It's like saying a striker should score when he's about to put a tap in but is clattered from behind and the ref doesn't give shit.

Wenger on the push foul/no foul incident. Agree tbh

https://streamable.com/ch9mt

What he says regarding the VAR not intervening is ridiculous tbh. The VAR is supposed to be used to review a goal. That is as clear of a push as it can be. Seen 6 ex-FIFA referees say it's ridiculous that it was allowed and that it was allowed. As for the positioning, it's a bit scary that a manager like Wenger can say something regarding the positioning when in fact, if he doesn't get the push he clears the ball. It's like saying a striker should score when he's about to put a tap in but is clattered from behind and the ref doesn't give s***.

:spit:

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all surprised by this thread. [emoji38]

Not a free kick imo, a player of his stature should be stronger there.

Also, Neymar's obviously a great player, but his it's all about me stuff last night was pathetic. Him taking players on (imo just to prove he could) didn't help Brazil, and it made it enjoyable when Behrami had a good spell of nicking it off him, especially when he made a point of turning Neymar after Neymar had persistently tried to showboat against him.

It was weak as piss shit defending. Get over it.

Really wasn't though. It's your bias talking. Trying to rile me up. Because you're being a massive dick :lol: Honest to god, not sure why Wenger said something like that. He's the first one I've seen agree with not the VAR being used. Watched about 20 post-matches. Barely slept this night :lol:

Also, Neymar's obviously a great player, but his it's all about me stuff last night was pathetic. Him taking players on (imo just to prove he could) didn't help Brazil, and it made it enjoyable when Behrami had a good spell of nicking it off him, especially when he made a point of turning Neymar after Neymar had persistently tried to showboat against him.

Neymar was absolute dogshit last night. Killed Marcelo and Coutinho, as they had to cover the space behind him everytime he lost the ball. Everytime he passed the ball quickly something happened, unfortunately he did it for about 20minutes last night.

It was weak as p*ss s*** defending. Get over it.

Really wasn't though. It's your bias talking. Trying to rile me up. Because you're being a massive dick :lol: Honest to god, not sure why Wenger said something like that. He's the first one I've seen agree with not the VAR being used. Watched about 20 post-matches. Barely slept this night :lol:

It's the same type of contact you see at every corner and free kick. His hands are on his back but it's not really a push, Miranda steps forward as much and until that point is also holding onto the striker. If you watch the replay from from the other side with a wide view of the box from ground level this is obvious.

Slowed a few of their attacks down just to stand and do a stepover it seemed. Probably gets away with that shit at PSG in a piss poor league but howay you're at the world cup finals

It's the same type of contact you see at every corner and free kick. His hands are on his back but it's not really a push, Miranda steps forward as much and until that point is also holding onto the striker. If you watch the replay from from the other side with a wide view of the box from ground level this is obvious.

I've watched every single one. It's absolutely a push man :lol: Are you taking the piss? He has fully extended his arms and pushed Miranda right before the ball gets there. There's a few when the ball is whipped in, in which Miranda clearly fall forward with this upperbody. This is why players throw themselves to the ground and cry for 50minutes. If he had done that, the foul would've been given. I'm apparently supposed to be pissed at the VAR team now and not the ref itself, but can't the ref review it himself if he's unsure to make his own mind up?

Slowed a few of their attacks down just to stand and do a stepover it seemed. Probably gets away with that shit at PSG in a piss poor league but howay you're at the world cup finals

:thup: I mean he could get away with that against Switzerland as well if he was 100%, which he wasn't. He was limping around the last 15minutes of the first half and then about 30minutes of the 2nd half. Shouldn't be starting at the moment, clearly not near 80% even.

I've watched every single one. It's absolutely a push man :lol: Are you taking the p*ss? He has fully extended his arms and pushed Miranda right before the ball gets there. There's a few when the ball is whipped in, in which Miranda clearly fall forward with this upperbody. This is why players throw themselves to the ground and cry for 50minutes. If he had done that, the foul would've been given. I'm apparently supposed to be p*ssed at the VAR team now and not the ref itself, but can't the ref review it himself if he's unsure to make his own mind up?

He puts his hand on his back but it's not a push. He steps forward himself due to his awful positioning and being off balance. All the striker is really doing is trying to release from the hold Miranda has on him.

It's weak as piss awful defending.

I've watched every single one. It's absolutely a push man :lol: Are you taking the p*ss? He has fully extended his arms and pushed Miranda right before the ball gets there. There's a few when the ball is whipped in, in which Miranda clearly fall forward with this upperbody. This is why players throw themselves to the ground and cry for 50minutes. If he had done that, the foul would've been given. I'm apparently supposed to be p*ssed at the VAR team now and not the ref itself, but can't the ref review it himself if he's unsure to make his own mind up?

He puts his hand on his back but it's not a push. He steps forward himself due to his awful positioning and being off balance. All the striker is really doing is trying to release from the hold Miranda has on him.

It's weak as piss awful defending.

Pointless to discuss tbh. Not seen anyone say it's not a push except some of you in here riling me up. The only real argument I've seen against it being allowed is that ''it happens all the time''. Well offside goals, diving and dumb fouls inside the pk area happens all the time as well, but that's what VAR is supposed to be able to correct.