Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, KaKa said:

Perfect role for him today.

Coming on later as a sub for tired players, after the opposition have also tired too.

That and the fact he's prime Iniesta.

1 minute ago, vexred said:

He was awful. Looked lost. Made a good pass on the 94th min, but he's bad. 

This is not on.  I got a yellow card for less than this.

I’m quite a big critic of his but he looked sharp when he came on and made a difference, if he looked lost and was awful I must have been watching something else?

Just now, MickMack said:

I’m quite a big critic of his but he looked sharp when he came on and made a difference, if he looked lost and was awful I must have been watching something else?

I was at the match, maybe he looked better on tv. Wasn't impressed at all. 

8 hours ago, vexred said:

I was at the match, maybe he looked better on tv. Wasn't impressed at all. 

Were you at the Forest Newcastle match? Or a different one?

He was brilliant. Throughout the whole game we only started playing well after he came on.

The pundits had a 10 min analysis on how well he played after the game.

He’s had a tricky time of it over the last year but as a fan it’s important to give credit where it is due.

Agree he looked good when he came on - moved the ball well and injected some zip into our passing.

Few times he fired passes out to Barnes when the build up was looking slow.

First time for a while he was impressive.

Maybe Tonali back will add pressure to others game when previously felt their place was always theirs - Joelinton take note

No doubt he’ll lose his place but it might help him to just come on to relieve Tonali against tired opponents. With expectations to not do too much. 

Tonali starting just showed how much Longstaff harms the team, he’s really not good enough to be a starting PL midfielder. But he might still have a role in the squad. 

Needs to stop being so shocked to receive the ball, he's always on his heels and not asking for it unless he's making a run in behind.

He's a hard-working Nolan for me, being played out of position. His finishing is his best quality when we have the ball. I think he should be behind the striker, but we don't have that position in our team. And I don't know if he's good enough to do it either, has no press resistance.

We need Tonali as far up the pitch as we can imho, his once-touch passing is exactly what we need to open a low block so if anyone's playing that far ahead centrally, it would be him.

*Shrug*

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No doubt he’ll lose his place but it might help him to just come on to relieve Tonali against tired opponents. With expectations to not do too much. 

Tonali starting just showed how much Longstaff harms the team, he’s really not good enough to be a starting PL midfielder. But he might still have a role in the squad. 

He is absolutely good enough to be a starting PL midfielder. Just not one pushing for the CL.

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

He is absolutely good enough to be a starting PL midfielder. Just not one pushing for the CL.

I think only for the bottom few, and only if they don’t try to play possession football.