Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Eddie's harming him by not taking him out of the firing line, it's beyond a joke now. He's a decent squad player capable of contributing but he's being ran into the ground when he's lacking in form, confidence and I suspect full fitness.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Eddie's harming him by not taking him out of the firing line, it's beyond a joke now. He's a decent squad player capable of contributing but he's being ran into the ground when he's lacking in form, confidence and I suspect full fitness.

Who would play instead of him? 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Don't make me tap the sign.

He comes across as a sensitive person in his interviews but you can’t deny the reality that he’s not it. You can blame fatigue or injury but there are weaknesses to his game which have been consistently with him since his debut six years ago.

He’s never improved at scanning to make sure an oppo isn’t gonna’ rob the ball off him. He dawdles on the ball seemingly not knowing what to do with it. He never tries to stay on his feet. Doesn’t score enough goals. His passing is limited (that may be Eddie’s instructions). He’ll run and get about 2 yards from an Oppo and then just not put a challenge in. Next to Dummett he’s the least technical pro footballer I’ve ever seen. Just about as meat and potatoes as you can get.

I hate saying it ‘cause he’s a really nice guy. In terms of ability, if he’s still here in a few years I’d put Anderson, Miley, Hernes and Sanusi ahead of him. He’ll just be bypassed. 

Just now, TRon said:

He just seems to get worse every single game if that's possible. Not sure he found a single pass. :lol:

Been shite for some time now, but he needs a rest above everything.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

A rest and sub appearances but we don’t have the numbers! 

Got the numbers now but I'm not sure of Willock or Anderson on Bruno's right.

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS

YES THERE ARE

We've had a fit senior midfielder on the bench (one of Willock or Anderson) for the last handful of games. The whole midfield is like a saloon door anyway every week and Eddie doesn't seem to want to change the shape to fix that. Sean being there isn't helping.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Been shite for some time now, but he needs a rest above everything.

As much to take him out of the firing line as for physical reasons. He's a squad player, mentally he's not up to being a starter every week.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

He just seems to get worse every single game if that's possible. Not sure he found a single pass. :lol:

Nearly had an assist if Isak had a better touch when through on goal.

Just now, Pilko said:

YES THERE ARE

We've had a fit senior midfielder on the bench (one of Willock or Anderson) for the last handful of games. The whole midfield is like a saloon door anyway every week and Eddie doesn't seem to want to change the shape to fix that. Sean being there isn't helping.

We absolutely haven't like. Both are coming back from injury and Willock's just broken down yet again. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

Got the numbers now but I'm not sure of Willock or Anderson on Bruno's right.

Anderson if anyone but he’s better LM. Just gonna run him until he breaks or the crowd lynch him! [emoji38]

I mean we're very obviously stuck with him until the end of the season but I do hope that he's moved on in the summer.

Nowhere near good enough to be a starter for us if we want to push on and you want Miley and Anderson getting some minutes from their reserve roles.

Think there'd be interest in Longstaff, he could do a good job for a lower half team and rarely misses games.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We absolutely haven't like. Both are coming back from injury and Willock's just broken down yet again. 

We have :lol: I'm not making it up FFS.

Anderson played an hour today and 71 mins against Everton on Tuesday, why couldn't he have started today?

Edited by Pilko

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Nearly had an assist if Isak had a better touch when through on goal.

True, Isak could have done better.

However, the pass was needlessly way behind Isak instead of put out in front of him. Don't believe for a second he was trying to nutmeg the defender either, was just a shite pass that was lucky to get to Isak at all.

We all know now he’s poor and woefully out of form, but just one of those things we’ve got to suck up because of lack of options. Hopefully if all goes well in summer, he’ll hardly be a starter next season.

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

It's the exact same as Burn. He needs rest. Unlike the Burn situation we don't have the luxury of resting Longstaff. There is no one else to play.