Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, Shearergol said:

What's the opposite of chasing Longstaff out of Newcastle?

I don’t even fucking know why would I be accused of that, when I was saying all those insulting / over criticising Longstaff should fuck off in the first place. I can only assume some are having a great smoke at daytime

3 hours ago, Menace said:

I think posters telling each other to fuck off is pretty clear people are getting upset like

As mentioned previously it was referring to people giving ratings of a 2 and being entirely unreasonable in their analysis of him. So I guess it's no surprise that folk being unreasonable get met with similar lack of reasoning.

It doesn't upset me, but it does annoy me. I don't get what people achieve from it. As Tron said and hopefully was later discussed, there was reason met with reason.

2 hours ago, Ginola14 said:

I don't look at the twitter cesspit but can imagine what it's like if the BBC ratings are anything to go by 

I'm sure Longstaff and his family are fully aware of all the ridiculously ott criticism too 

also seems so counter productive destroying his confidence 

Hopefully he won’t read it, as it’s counterproductive. Just keep his head down, train hard and do his best. Folk get frustrated at times understandably. Sometimes the team and individuals are scapegoats for folks lives and not just the football! Football is supposed to be entertaining, but Ashley should have taught us how not to hang our weekend joy on the team winning. Don’t get me wrong I always want them to win 6-0 every game [emoji38] but there is always the next game. Onwards goes the rollercoaster. The team is on the upwards trajectory and hopefully remains United, as does the fan base :indi:

Its hard he's a limited player and a weak link, don't think its a lack of effort or commitment its purely we have evolved as a side and his contribution stands out on the lower side.

Your not going to have a team full of super stars FFP has basically killed that for us having players you can call upon to help out when we need it like him, murphy etc is great. It also isnt his fault he gets picked and I do hope no offense to him he either moves on or gets used as a squad player only. 

He's a low level squad player. I don't think he's being hounded and the most important thing is that it isn't personal. Him and his brother seem like good people. He should be used to bring energy, close out games and start early rounds of cup competitions. Shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

3 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Well if we’re doing this fuck you! Howe has earned the trust of every fan who has an IQ in double digits. Call it a hunch but maybe the guy who takes the training every day may have a better idea on Tonali’s ability to complete 90 minutes in the Premier League than some fucking moron on an internet forum.

There is a space to question selection, but a fan fucking supports those on the pitch as soon as the whistle blows,  scapegoating them as soon as they cross the white line is shit behaviour we rightly call out other fan bases for. 

if you want to be a wanker who chases players out of a club, especially local lads, Everton will gladly take you

Its really never this serious man

4 hours ago, TRon said:

This is a message board, it's not on the pitch. If I was at the ground I'd be cheering the team on, not picking over the bones of a game. That's what these forums are for. Otherwise all we'd do is type TOON TOON...black and white army!

The games I saw live last season, it was pretty clear who the scapegoats were and it's 100% guaranteed the players can feel it on the pitch. The tiniest mistake or pass backwards and massive parts of SJP sigh loudly and some stand up shouting abuse. :lol: There was one instance last season where Longstaff clearly reacted to it raising his arms after his pass was deemed too unambitious by SJP. Burn was getting this too but on a lesser scale.

I really feel bad for Longstaff, this should be his dream but the over the top reactions will be on his mind constantly and just build up pressure when he's not the most confident lad in the squad.

And all this current drama feels so unnecessary. Everyone knows Sandro is the starter moving forward, have some patience.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

The games I saw live last season, it was pretty clear who the scapegoats were and it's 100% guaranteed the players can feel it on the pitch. The tiniest mistake or pass backwards and massive parts of SJP sigh loudly and some stand up shouting abuse. :lol: There was one instance last season where Longstaff clearly reacted to it raising his arms after his pass was deemed too unambitious by SJP. Burn was getting this too but on a lesser scale.

I really feel bad for Longstaff, this should be his dream but the over the top reactions will be on his mind constantly and just build up pressure when he's not the most confident lad in the squad.

And all this current drama feels so unnecessary. Everyone knows Sandro is the starter moving forward, have some patience.

Point bears repeating its not Longstaff's fault that he belongs nowhere near the starting xi. Doesn't make sense to get angry at him when there's a ferrari sitting on the bench ready to replace the Volkswagen, and we're whinging why the VW doesn't go fast enough for our liking.

Doesn't change anything from last season though when the abuse was just as bad with no other options. Tonali is guaranteed to start the next match in any case and will be first choice going forward, patience.

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Doesn't change anything from last season though when the abuse was just as bad with no other options. Tonali is guaranteed to start the next match in any case and will be first choice going forward, patience.

It's criticism, not abuse. What the Everton fans did to Gordon was abuse. 

43 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Point bears repeating its not Longstaff's fault that he belongs nowhere near the starting xi. Doesn't make sense to get angry at him when there's a ferrari sitting on the bench ready to replace the Volkswagen, and we're whinging why the VW doesn't go fast enough for our liking.

The Ferrari thats been in the garage for 10 month and just having an oil change and tune up until its ready for the road.

5 minutes ago, vexred said:

It's criticism, not abuse. What the Everton fans did to Gordon was abuse. 

Longstaff gets load of abuse AND criticism.

What rock you been under?*

* Was that criticism or abuse out of interest?

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

The Ferrari thats been in the garage for 10 month and just having an oil change and tune up until its ready for the road.

2 full 90s for Italy, where he looked fantastic, creative, incisive, muddles up the metaphor a bit. But I get the point. If he gets slotted into that starting spot soon it'll all be a non-issue.

Just now, Upthemags said:

2 full 90s for Italy, where he looked fantastic, creative, incisive, muddles up the metaphor a bit. But I get the point. If he gets slotted into that starting spot soon it'll all be a non-issue.

Not really. Bunce (the mechanic) will of expected that and planned accordingly with EH. He returned and played 1/3 against Spurs and looked gassed and 1/2 against Wolves and looked a bit fitter. He was never ready for 2x90. Trust the process.

I think Longstaff can play along side Tonali and Bruno tbh, problem is Joelinton has days were everything bounces off him, same with Longstaff. Playing them together is a nightmare when Joelinton is not on it.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not really. Bunce (the mechanic) will of expected that and planned accordingly with EH. He returned and played 1/3 against Spurs and looked gassed and 1/2 against Wolves and looked a bit fitter. He was never ready for 2x90. Trust the process.

We're both saying the same thing. 70 min at Fulham and I'd be a happy camper.