The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest The Little Waster

I understand not everyone is capable of boycotting ...

Everyone is capable of boycotting ... some just choose not to , for all the reasons you've delineated and some equally moronic ones you haven't ... but everyone who buys a season ticket is an adult human with agency , they could boycott but they'd rather not ( the c***s )

Get to f*** man, you super fan c***.

Lol its the idiots who still attend matches that claim to be the super fans ... its not a tag i've ever embraced , so shove your insult :  )

I presume you call our ST holders and match going fans 'idiots' & 'cunts' to their faces?

Or possibly just on the internet, would be my guess.

Lol im not mental , of course i would phrase it differently ( without ceding the original meaning : ) but after ten years if they haven't wised up , then they're probably not about to ... personally , i think they're thick :  )

I see we just can't help arguing amongst ourselves once again. Ashley has been exploiting it for years.

Fair enough.

I just take exception to this person labelling everybody as an 'idiot' and a 'cunt', just because they don't follow his view point.

It's not the first time he's done it either.

I understand not everyone is capable of boycotting ...

Everyone is capable of boycotting ... some just choose not to , for all the reasons you've delineated and some equally moronic ones you haven't ... but everyone who buys a season ticket is an adult human with agency , they could boycott but they'd rather not ( the c***s )

Get to f*** man, you super fan c***.

Lol its the idiots who still attend matches that claim to be the super fans ... its not a tag i've ever embraced , so shove your insult :  )

I presume you call our ST holders and match going fans 'idiots' & 'cunts' to their faces?

Or possibly just on the internet, would be my guess.

Lol im not mental , of course i would phrase it differently ( without ceding the original meaning : ) but after ten years if they haven't wised up , then they're probably not about to ... personally , i think they're thick :  )

Jesus guys, at the end of the day everyone wants Ashley gone, instead of bickering to one another about each others opinion, try and think of a solution that will serve both parties.

Guest The Little Waster

I see we just can't help arguing amongst ourselves once again. Ashley has been exploiting it for years.

Fair enough.

I just take exception to this person labelling everybody as an 'idiot' and a 'cunt', just because they don't follow his view point.

So your response is to call me a cunt ... ironic ...

Would you disagree on my wider point that they indeed have agency and that they can boycott , that they are not incapable ?

So for those of you who won't stop going to the games, what would be your breaking point? 

Ashley has systematically destroyed everything enjoyable about supporting NUFC. What does the guy have to do for you to say enough is enough?

If treating Keegan and Rafa the way he has, consistently lying to the press, fans, players and managers, neglecting the development of the academy, hiring Joe Kinnear twice, adding £100m to the price of the club when it looked like there was a chance of someone actually wanting to buy us, renaming the club, significantly reducing our commercial income, agreeing a sponsorship deal with fucking Wonga and splashing his shite brand all over the stadium without paying a penny isn't enough, what is?

I get the whole support the team, not the regime thing but when you know you're watching a team that will never do more than exist and will be held back by the owner if it ever looks like succeeding it defeats the object of supporting that team.  What's to support?

Fair enough.

Would you disagree on my wider point that they indeed have agency and that they can boycott , that they are not incapable ?

Unlike you, I respect anybody who won't go to games anymore, I have mates in the same boat......I certainly won't label them all as idiots/cunts for do8n so.

I take exception to people like yourself who can only see their own way, and who then label everyone else as cunts and idiots. It's breathtaking arrogance of the worst kind......the fact that you haven't even got the courage of conviction to say it to people's faces, means I'm quite happy to label you as a cunt. Big difference.

You walked away whenever and your seat was taken up by someone else, so what else have you done in the meantime to get Ashley out the club? I

Guest The Little Waster

Fair enough.

Unlike you, I respect anybody who won't go to games anymore, I have mates in the same boat......I certainly won't label them all as idiots/cunts for do8n so.

I take exception to people like yourself who can only see their own way, and who then label everyone else as cunts and idiots. It's breathtaking arrogance of the worst kind......the fact that you haven't even got the courage of conviction to say it to people's faces, means I'm quite happy to label you as a cunt. Big difference.

You walked away whenever and your seat was taken up by someone else, so what else have you done in the meantime to get Ashley out the club? I

Walking away is all anyone needs to do . theres never been a need for protests , not eating the pies etc ... just walk away

Fair enough.

Walking away is all anyone needs to do . theres never been a need for protests , not eating the pies etc ... just walk away

Simplistic bollocks. To my knowledge, there has never been an example in the history of football that an entire fanbase has simply walked away from a club, which has led to a change of ownership. I stand to be corrected.

I totally agree with individual boycotts and any other form of protests, and have taken part and will continue to do so. Hopefully they will grow and become more varied and militant, and start to impact his businesses.

Sounds to me like you've just washed your hands of the whole thing, and have taken up calling people idiots/cunts on the internet. That's not really going to achieve s great deal now is it?

Fair enough.

Simplistic bollocks. To my knowledge, there has never been an example in the history of football that an entire fanbase has simply walked away from a club, which has led to a change of ownership. I stand to be corrected.

I totally agree with individual boycotts and any other form of protests, and have taken part and will continue to do so. Hopefully they will grow and become more varied and militant, and start to impact his businesses.

Sounds to me like you've just washed your hands of the whole thing, and have taken up calling people idiots/cunts on the internet. That's not really going to achieve s great deal now is it?

Scunthorpe United

It's such a human thing to strip agency away from themselves by having a what's the point attitude. Same shit with voting.

People who try to make a positive difference deserve praise, not scorn, even if they come across as naive. Fuckers bitching about other people's efforts certainly won't change anything for the positive..

Whilst I’ve no intention of walking away from something that is part of my life, I’d happily boycott every televised game and watch it in town somewhere. Pity we can’t get Time Square or somewhere sorted for a big screen for those games with entry by showing your ST. It would certainly get attention.

Guest The Little Waster

In order to deal with Ashley , you first have to know who / what he is ...

And who you are ...

So for those of you who won't stop going to the games, what would be your breaking point? 

Ashley has systematically destroyed everything enjoyable about supporting NUFC. What does the guy have to do for you to say enough is enough?

If treating Keegan and Rafa the way he has, consistently lying to the press, fans, players and managers, neglecting the development of the academy, hiring Joe Kinnear twice, adding £100m to the price of the club when it looked like there was a chance of someone actually wanting to buy us, renaming the club, significantly reducing our commercial income, agreeing a sponsorship deal with fucking Wonga and splashing his shite brand all over the stadium without paying a penny isn't enough, what is?

I get the whole support the team, not the regime thing but when you know you're watching a team that will never do more than exist and will be held back by the owner if it ever looks like succeeding it defeats the object of supporting that team.  What's to support?

How do you know what people find enjoyable? For some little kids and grandads, it might be that one bit of quality time they spend together. A little 5 year old (lets call him George) probably isn't going to understand what's going on and their grandad might just want to enjoy the experience with his grandkid like he probably did with his when he was a kid.

Poor little George may even have autism and need that routine with his grandad. Maybe his parents have just got divorced and every home game he spends with his Dad and he looks forward to it all week. But I'm guessing, I don't know his life.

George will grow up and learn Ashley is a cunt in his own good time I'm sure, but at the mo he probably doesn't even know who he is.

How do you know what people find enjoyable? For some little kids and grandads, it might be that one bit of quality time they spend together. A little 5 year old (lets call him George) probably isn't going to understand what's going on and their grandad might just want to enjoy the experience with his grandkid like he probably did with his when he was a kid.

Poor little George may even have autism and need that routine with his grandad. Maybe his parents have just got divorced and every home game he spends with his Dad and he looks forward to it all week. But I'm guessing, I don't know his life.

George will grow up and learn Ashley is a cunt in his own good time I'm sure, but at the mo he probably doesn't even know who he is.

Worst thing I've ever read.

Worst thing I've ever read.

It's not my fault no one ever loved you.

Guest The Little Waster

Inventing fictional fans and fictional scenarios is just mental ... grandads can always take their kids to the park or a northern league game ... taking them to SJP at this point in time is tantamount to child abuse :  )

Inventing fictional fans and fictional scenarios is just mental ... grandads can always take their kids to the park or a northern league game ... taking them to SJP at this point in time is tantamount to child abuse :  )

Yeah, obviously I'm a bit bored, but in reality there probably is some truth in it.

Guest reefatoon

If treating Keegan and Rafa the way he has, consistently lying to the press, fans, players and managers, neglecting the development of the academy, hiring Joe Kinnear twice, adding £100m to the price of the club when it looked like there was a chance of someone actually wanting to buy us, renaming the club, significantly reducing our commercial income, agreeing a sponsorship deal with f***ing Wonga and splashing his s**** brand all over the stadium without paying a penny isn't enough, what is?

George will grow up and learn Ashley is a c*** in his own good time I'm sure, but at the mo he probably doesn't even know who he is.

Thought I was reading a Stifler post there.

If treating Keegan and Rafa the way he has, consistently lying to the press, fans, players and managers, neglecting the development of the academy, hiring Joe Kinnear twice, adding £100m to the price of the club when it looked like there was a chance of someone actually wanting to buy us, renaming the club, significantly reducing our commercial income, agreeing a sponsorship deal with f***ing Wonga and splashing his s**** brand all over the stadium without paying a penny isn't enough, what is?

George will grow up and learn Ashley is a c*** in his own good time I'm sure, but at the mo he probably doesn't even know who he is.

Thought I was reading a Stifler post there.

He's my muse