The Magpie Group

Heron

Hopefully it wont just degenerate into a chant of 'fat cockney bastard, get out of our club' etc.  I think we lose more than we gain with that chant and it makes us look daft, he is fat but was born in Walsall, plus the Southern press wont like the use of cockney as a pejorative term

Hopefully it wont just degenerate into a chant of 'fat cockney bastard, get out of our club' etc.  I think we lose more than we gain with that chant and it makes us look daft, he is fat but was born in Walsall, plus the Southern press wont like the use of cockney as a pejorative term

Agree but it obviously will.

The 'Cockney' thing has always been cringeworthy as fuck. Just makes the whole fanbase look like narrow minded, insular morons.

Who gives a fuck where he's from?! It's the fact that he's a disgusting pathological liar that's the problem.

'Fat lying bastard' makes so much more sense.

The 'Cockney' thing has always been cringeworthy as fuck. Just makes the whole fanbase look like narrow minded, insular mongs.

Who gives a fuck where he's from?! It's the fact that he's a disgusting pathological liar that's the problem.

Bit rough.

The 'Cockney' thing has always been cringeworthy as fuck. Just makes the whole fanbase look like narrow minded, insular mongs.

Bit rough.

That's exactly what it does though. I agree that "lying" is a far better word. For one, it's actually something to be upset at him about, secondly, it's accurate whereas cockney isn't, and thirdly it doesn't make us look like idiots.

Bit rough.

There have been plenty of people associated with the club who aren't from the area but are completely accepted - our current manager, for example.

Chanting about Ashley's Cockney roots does nothing but fuel the negative rhetoric from Sky and the rest of the Southern media. How many times have we heard that the reason we don't accept Ashley is because he's not from the area?! It's infuriating and total bullshit.

Perhaps if we focused on chanting that he's a liar, more media outlets might start investigating the reason why we're chanting that.

The 'fat cockney bastard' thing is completely counter-productive and just adds fuel to the 'thick Jawdies' fire. It needs to fucking stop.

If you were referring to my use of the word 'mong', I apologise.

I'm looking forward to a Glee style mash-up. You fat cockney bastard harmonised with Rafa Ben-ee-tezzzzz

Sky wouldn't show it anyway. Not that this is a reason not to do it, but don't expect the TV cameras to be all over it except maybe to point out how irresponsible we all are and how we're trying to recreate the Bradford stadium fire.

Though it could be done outside SD instead of inside the ground? Not that either was explicitly suggested, I just assumed we were talking inside the ground.