The Magpie Group

Heron

I don't get this thing about waiting for someone to organise a boycott before you join in.

If you feel strongly enough then just stop going, do what YOU feel is right, shouldn't need others to tell you when to boycott IMO.

Not sold out again yesterday, people already are.

If you really strongly about it, cancelling your ST is  definitely the way forward.....BUT it's not an easy thing to do, I know, I've just done it myself. However, if you do this, you still need to get involved in protests against Ashley.

Walking away and washing your hands of it, then criticising those who are prepared to get of their arses and do something is not acceptable.....far too many know-it-all's out there who think they've done their piece and everyone else is wrong. If you've got something to say, come to the next Magpie Group meeting and share your expert knowledge with others.

On point as ever, Bingo :thup:

I don't get this thing about waiting for someone to organise a boycott before you join in.

If you feel strongly enough then just stop going, do what YOU feel is right, shouldn't need others to tell you when to boycott IMO.

If you really strongly about it, cancelling your ST is  definitely the way forward.....BUT it's not an easy thing to do, I know, I've just done it myself. However, if you do this, you still need to get involved in protests against Ashley.

Walking away and washing your hands of it, then criticising those who are prepared to get of their arses and do something is not acceptable.....far too many know-it-all's out there who think they've done their piece and everyone else is wrong. If you've got something to say, come to the next Magpie Group meeting and share your expert knowledge with others.

I came up for the first protest especially and watched the game in a pub, and i've been doing my bit online, not that i feel i have to justify myself.

Good stuff, there needs to be more like you........there's also a fair amount of fans who think that by walking away they've done their bit, and that gives them the right to lecture and criticise others.

Fuck that, like I say, if you think you're an expert on the situation, get involved.

That tweet is spot on like. Even if 3,000 were at the protest and behind it that leaves another 46,000 or so who are apathetic and just go in and sit on there hands and are happy as long as we are in the PL. Which is also why it's like a fucking morgue nowadays. Most the hardcore and voiceiferous ones have stopped going a long time ago

Just don't go for at least one match man it's no loss at all. Anyone who can't do that is content with Ashley and deserves him for me it's that simple now.

The time for the softly softly approach has long gone and it's time for drastic action. Unfortunately I'm afraid to say it's going to take a few more defeats and to be winless at the end of October for this to gain the momentum that it needs.

Like i say, the tweet seems to be about the lack of anti ashley chants in the ground, yet at the meeting they were basically saying that for now it's best to protest outside and not in the ground, that's why i find it weird :dowie:

Anyway, i hope they are changing their stance on that.

Seen a couple of numpties on social media criticising Rafa for the predicament we're in at the moment. Absolutely brainless - you'd think the defeats would help get things going and ramp up the pressure, and it will. But there'll always be a large portion of our fanbase that just can't see the bigger picture.

Boycotting a live sky game is the way. It's not expert knowledge and it's not arrogance. It's just convincing all to do it, but if it was 1 game it's hardly gonna be a massive sacrifice.

Nobody is criticising anyone who does something though,myself personally I'm not one for contradictions, so to attend a protest then go inside and take part in anything Ashley makes me question myself.

There has to be a live sky tv game boycott imo.

You're right but it won't happen. That boat has sailed a long time ago. 15/20 years ago it would have but not now. Ashley could sack Rafa next week and change the stadium name and strip and bring in wise as manager and nailed on there would be 45,000 there content and apathetic at the Leicester game. Our support has changed so much now and the majority through there lack of action or giving a fuck do deserve him

Like i say, the tweet seems to be about the lack of anti ashley chants in the ground, yet at the meeting they were basically saying that for now it's best to protest outside and not in the ground, that's why i find it weird :dowie:

Of course there should be anti Ashely chants in the ground. There should have been loads loud and clear every home game so far and it shouldn't take it to be scripted for it to happen either. In certain at most other clubs there would have been

Of course there should be anti Ashely chants in the ground. There should have been loads loud and clear every home game so far and it shouldn't take it to be scripted for it to happen either. In certain at most other clubs there would have been

I know there should be, i was just commenting on their tweet that seems contradictory to what they said at the meeting.

I think this is where those people wanting Rafa to go now come from. They think he's keeping a lot of people still going in just to support him. They probably have a point, in a way.

The best thing that could happen now is Rafa is sacked imho. The Rafa haters get the manager they deserve (Allardyce/Sherwood etc.), and maybe it shocks some of the others into actually doing something.

I agree with this.

Boycotting a live sky game is the way. It's not expert knowledge and it's not arrogance. It's just convincing all to do it, but if it was 1 game it's hardly gonna be a massive sacrifice.

Nobody is criticising anyone who does something though,myself personally I'm not one for contradictions, so to attend a protest then go inside and take part in anything Ashley makes me question myself.

There has to be a live sky tv game boycott imo.

You're right but it won't happen. That boat has sailed a long time ago. 15/20 years ago it would have but not now. Ashley could sack Rafa next week and change the stadium name and strip and bring in wise as manager and nailed on there would be 45,000 there content and apathetic at the Leicester game. Our support has changed so much now and the majority through there lack of action or giving a fuck do deserve him

But you are judging that with no factual evidence.

There's an even bigger reason to get people's attention now that in the early days wasn't there, and that's social media, every fan has a phone in their pocket, they just need to be convinced not to enter, it only has to be for one game. TMG have a platform to advocate to those who I believe get the message, what they don't get is their addiction nufc, it's like trying to get of heroine. They will likely hate Ashley and support the protests but still go in without blinking.

Seen a couple of numpties on social media criticising Rafa for the predicament we're in at the moment. Absolutely brainless - you'd think the defeats would help get things going and ramp up the pressure, and it will. But there'll always be a large portion of our fanbase that just can't see the bigger picture.

I think it's a small portion tbh. Social media and screaming towards the manager at the match unfortunately give a them a bigger voice than the majority.

I think this is where those people wanting Rafa to go now come from. They think he's keeping a lot of people still going in just to support him. They probably have a point, in a way.

The best thing that could happen now is Rafa is sacked imho. The Rafa haters get the manager they deserve (Allardyce/Sherwood etc.), and maybe it shocks some of the others into actually doing something.

I agree with this.

Hallelujah at last there we have it people finally realising what I said in July

I agree with this.

Hallelujah at last there we have it people finally realising what I said in July

No, you said he should walk, sacking him.is completely different.

Why does Rafa needing to be sacked prove or help anything?

If that's being said just so people will have a bigger reaction and then boycott, you may as well boycott now without the need to sack him to get more onside, boycotting now sends a stronger message and protects him.

Do it once and if it goes well, the balls in the fans backyard.

I agree with this.

No, you said he should walk, sacking him.is completely different.

:thup:

Boycott has to be the next step now, even if it is just TV games at first.

Napoli had less than half their capacity this weekend in a protest against ticket pricing. I can't understand why it is so hard for our fanbase to just sacrifice one or a few games for the good of the entire club...

Boycott has to be the next step now, even if it is just TV games at first.

Napoli had less than half their capacity this weekend in a protest against ticket pricing. I can't understand why it is so hard for our fanbase to just sacrifice one or a few games for the good of the entire club...

I agree with this if people are so hell bent on making a statement a full boycott campaign for one or 2 games should not be hard to accomplish. Unfortunately the vast majority of our fans now are brainwashed apathetic sheep who would still turn up if we played in red and white at the sports direct FC stadium

Didn't the club shit it when there was the demonstration/walk out live on tv v Spurs a few years ago? I totally agree drawing negative attention to sports direct outside the ground is crucial but the negative publicity on live tv with an empty or emptying East stand and other areas would be huge if it was done properly.

Propose a full boycott, and for those who won't stay away, propose going in 15 minutes late, that's my idea.

Going in late for the next TV game should be where they go next imho. Obviously the cameras would pick up on all the empty seats, but the match would have to be delayed for health and safety reasons which would impact on TV schedules. Keep doing that on televised games, and Sky/BT would stop putting us on the telly which deprives Ashley of his advertising.

Walk in on 11 minutes to signify the number of years he has been there.

Propose a full boycott, and for those who won't stay away, propose going in 15 minutes late, that's my idea.

Going in late for the next TV game should be where they go next imho. Obviously the cameras would pick up on all the empty seats, but the match would have to be delayed for health and safety reasons which would impact on TV schedules. Keep doing that on televised games, and Sky/BT would stop putting us on the telly which deprives Ashley of his advertising.

Walk in on 11 minutes to signify the number of years he has been there.

It'd be a great start towards boycott if we could. I'd knock minutes significance on the head tbh. Just stick to 15 as a benchmark.