The Magpie Group

Heron

Are Burtons part of Debenhams and where can I go to buy relatively good trainers that won't benefit Ashley? I never realised he had shares in JD so want a nice trendy pair of sneaks and not sure where to get them.

Why have we not heard anything about the Leicester game yet??? Please don’t tell me momentum has already started to dissipate. Ashley will be rubbing his hands with glee.

Usually the plans go live on the Wednesday before a game, so I'd expect to hear something today.

I'm not sure about that.  SJH was very quick to sell his shares when they didn't need to sell them.

If I recall he needed a cash injection for his Cameron Hall company as they were in a load of trouble.

Seems clear that SJH stitched FS up - wasn't Freddy in hospital when he signed the contract or something? I remember Shepherd was a very reluctant seller, but I also remember that it was Hall that reached out to Ashley.

Yes was very ill in hospital. Bit of a shit move by SJH really.

Why have we not heard anything about the Leicester game yet??? Please don’t tell me momentum has already started to dissipate. Ashley will be rubbing his hands with glee.

Got to be a boycott.

Protesting outside is good but then going into the stadium, sitting in silence then leaving is playing right into his hands.

Guest firetotheworks

So still not boycott then, we are running out of time, waiting for a televised game is just meh.

Boycotts aren't going to happen while Rafa is here, there's absolutely no appetite for them whatsoever. That'll change when Rafa goes, but until then there's no point in calling for them or organising them.

So still not boycott then, we are running out of time, waiting for a televised game is just meh.

Boycotts aren't going to happen while Rafa is here, there's absolutely no appetite for them whatsoever. That'll change when Rafa goes, but until then there's no point in calling for them or organising them.

Wrong, there is from me and others i heard at the last meeting.

Guest firetotheworks

Wrong, there is from me and others i heard at the last meeting.

It's not wrong at all I promise you. There were what? About 200 people at that meeting? Most, including me, already don't go to home matches or any matches and won't until Ashley's gone. That's 200 people, trying to get the 50,000 people who still go to matches to boycott going during the Pardew and McClaren eras was hard enough, never mind while a well-loved manager is here, and the amount of abuse you get is unreal. Trying to do that while Rafa's manager when he's said himself that the team needs the support would be nigh on impossible and would be far too much of a divisive move.

Guest firetotheworks

Well there you go, you are boycotting, none of the home games have sold out this season so to say there is no appetite for it is plain wrong.

NUFC.com said there were more empty seats than what the official attendance was for the Arsenal game aswell.

It's not wrong though,  [emoji38] Me and others continuing to boycott after years of already doing so isn't an event and you're kidding yourself if you think the majority in SJP think like us. For a start, they still go after 11 years of this shit.  Like I said, it was extremely hard getting anyone to protest/boycott when Pardew and McLaren were here to the extent that people on here were getting started on in SJP. See how far calls for boycotts get with Rafa as manager when he's directly asked the fans for support and emphasised how important it is, it won't happen and I think it's fair enough, but that's another point really.

Once Rafa's gone it's a different matter though. I would expect that boycotts won't even need to be called for, but you never know, the last few years has been an eye-opening experience where the mindset of our fans and what many consider loyalty is concerned.

Guest Howaythetoon

Boycotting is the big one, but it’s about capturing the mood at the right time which the Spurs at home protest did brilliantly and therefore actually worked. Now is not the time to be promoting a boycott. Not on a large scale anyway, if people want to stay away great. For now the target should be SD, Ashley and his cronies personally and building momentum and gathering support in larger numbers, that and educating fans and challenging the lies and false narrative spun by sections of the media.

Well there you go, you are boycotting, none of the home games have sold out this season so to say there is no appetite for it is plain wrong.

NUFC.com said there were more empty seats than what the official attendance was for the Arsenal game aswell.

It's not wrong though,  [emoji38] Me and others continuing to boycott after years of already doing so isn't an event and you're kidding yourself if you think the majority in SJP think like us. For a start, they still go after 11 years of this shit.  Like I said, it was extremely hard getting anyone to protest/boycott when Pardew and McLaren were here to the extent that people on here were getting started on in SJP. See how far calls for boycotts get with Rafa as manager when he's directly asked the fans for support and emphasised how important it is, it won't happen and I think it's fair enough, but that's another point really.

Once Rafa's gone it's a different matter though. I would expect that boycotts won't even need to be called for, but you never know, the last few years has been an eye-opening experience where the mindset of our fans and what many consider loyalty is concerned.

:thup: :thup:

Me and my dad are gone if Rafa isn't here.

It’s been said so many times why a boycott is not in the short term ideas right now.

It’s baffling how people think that after 3 small scale protests (in terms of what’s in line for further down the line) that it’s suddenly time to call a boycott. There are so many avenues to hit before we get to that point.

Think a late walk in has more chance of success than an early walkout - surely it’s easier to organise “the protest group” to walk in together ten minutes late than have individuals stand up and walk out at some designated moment?

Besides, with Rafa’s football, the last ten minutes is often the only bit worth watching ;)