Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

It's not calling names for different opinions, and you know it. That is just an intellectually lazy to avoid self-reflection, and you have probably paraphrased two or three posts over 90% of the time. It's the same shit over and over, and it has utterly drowned out anything you have said that is positive to the point that I don't remember any of those posts. Not saying that are not there, but the vast majority of what you have posted is based on overreaction, and then you come out with this idea that you are being hounded by us for "telling it how it is".  Seriously go back and look at what you have posted with a bit of honesty.  HTT has done that, and I salute him more for his ability to self-reflect than if he just always echoed my opinions.

Most of us believe that Rafa has indeed gotten it wrong on occasion btw. He is not infallible, but FFS, man.

As I said that's my opinion and don't need you to try and go all psychologist on me. If it upsets you just ignore it.

:lol:

On the flip side, if me lambasting your beleaguered champion of truth schtick upsets you, then ignore it. It's just my opinion.

Get yourself back to the couch there's a good lad.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair we were the better side in 1st half and players just lost their way when 1st goal went in.  Score flattered Arsenal.  Didn't understand the Boos at the end.

First half we threatened more, but it was fairly even. They were quite comfortable. Second half we just didn’t turn up and they did just about enough without getting out of first gear after they scored. There was no urgency from us or tempo, like we resigned ourselves to a defeat and played the game out so as not to lose by more. Arsenal,ere more than happy to see the game out themselves.

Overall though, we were poor and there can be zero positives taken from this game in terms of our play. Pressing, working hard, running around, getting a few corners etc. is not something to write home about. It’s routine stuff, the basics.

My worry is we don’t have anything about us at the moment. We just look all huff and puff and where we made up for the lack of quality in terms of individuals last season by being a team better collectively it’s the opposite now. We are back to the Pardew and Carver days of hoping one of our better players does something or we nick a goal from a set piece. On,y our better players are only marginally better than our poor players.

None of the new players look like they will improve us or make a difference like Dubravka and Kennedy did when they joined on loan back in January. It’s early days for the new players of course, but I don’t hold any hope really.

What saddened me is how easy it was for Arsenal once they scored and that’s a bad sign because they are not a good team, Cardiff gave them a tougher match and exposed lots of their weaknesses where as we didn’t.

Blame Ashley as ultimately we are what we are because of him, blame the players for not being good enough because they aren’t, but Rafa is to blame too because whatever he and his staff are doing on the training pitch with these players just isn’t working and won’t if whatever it is they do doesn’t change.

It’s not our shape off the ball that’s wrong, our work rate, team spirit or defensive organisation, it’s our passing, our movement, our play on the ball, our off the ball running.

Confidence effects decision making and that is evident, but we are such a poor football team on the ball and so static in terms of movement and positioning other than when we drop into a defensive shape, we will struggle to even draw games never mind win.

Again, I trust Rafa to find a solution, but this season is a total write off and all about trying to just stay up all the way to the end now. Whether we stay up or not will be down to Rafa IMO and as good as he is, I’m not sure he will keep us up. I wouldn’t like to put any money on him doing so put it that way.

But, that’s what happens when you don’t improve the team and therefore field a team consisting of 8 or more players that were playing in the Championship a year or so back. Let’s not forget the teams we have played so far either. It’s been a tough start and even if we were had a good side I don’t think we would have picked up much more points than we have at all.

As ever it’s the performances that worry me and the form of players and we are piss poor right now, individually and as a team and if Rafa were a player, he’d be piss poor right now as well.

Just feels like we are going through the motions, we'll be safe this season because there are 3 teams worse than us but next season will just be rinse and repeat with a lot less Rafa and a lot less fans.

Just feels like we are going through the motions, we'll be safe this season because there are 3 teams worse than us but next season will just be rinse and repeat with a lot less Rafa and a lot less fans.

Who?