Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 - post match moans p17

Greg

Dominated the match but really failed to apply the necessary pressure towards the end of the game. Brighton remaining fairly comfortable. Don't like to read some of the hate for our players in here mind, not sure we should be blaming Perez when it's those upstairs who failed to bring in someone to challenge his position.

All in all, we didn't look like a bad team today, just a one really struggling for confidence. It will come.

You keep saying it will come and it hasn't.  We are a championship side.  We signed a lot of players in the summer from relegated teams.

Yes, because I think we're bound to improve. I know this group of players can play better football than what we've seen, so why should I be resigned to thinking this is how it will be all season? There's a lot more evidence pointing to the fact we will get better. We just lack confidence.

Guest neesy111

Dominated the match but really failed to apply the necessary pressure towards the end of the game. Brighton remaining fairly comfortable. Don't like to read some of the hate for our players in here mind, not sure we should be blaming Perez when it's those upstairs who failed to bring in someone to challenge his position.

All in all, we didn't look like a bad team today, just a one really struggling for confidence. It will come.

We did look like a bad team IMO. Brighton let us have the ball and we just kept crossing against two centre backs great in the air and taking shit long shots with the occasional half chance that you're always going to get if you're allowed that much possession

I think we looked capable of playing decent stuff and better than the opposition in most areas, but as the game wore on confidence really dwindled and attackers stopped showing for it & making decent runs. I think we've seen last season that these players are capable of far more than what we've seen so far. So given we're just 9 games in, I believe it will come and we will improve. I don't think the current performances are a true reflection of the quality the likes of Shelvey, Ritchie, Fernandez, Dubravka possess.

You do realise we've won 1 game in 15 now and just about all teams around us have spent more than us and improved.  It's not just confidence as this rate, it's a genuine lack of quality as well. 

People seriously suggesting Rafa could be sacked after this?

He not be as Ashley won't pay the five million to sack him for a start. Something has to change though as forget the results and performances against the top teams the four games against the other teams have been utterly woeful and not acceptable.

Problem is, everyone knows Rafa is leaving, so the players stop playing for him and the fans at the ground stop supporting him. Mike’s gonna just blame him for the reason he’s not spending and people will lap it up.

This, sadly.

Yep, that's probably exactly how it will play out, sadly.  :weep:

We have low confidence because we know we have powder puff strikers. We can dominate games until the sky falls in, we're not scoring with strikers who can't shoot for shit.

I think that's unfair on Muto and indeed Rondon. Perez maybe so, his shooting can be poor - but even Perez I believe will improve. Confidence & mentality are a huge part of football, we just need a bit of luck to go our way and players will begin to step up and put in the types of performances we witnessed last season. Perez, Shelvey, Kenedy & the likes were excellent for us and I will remain optimistic that they can be important for our survival this season. It won't be easy but we have it in us - just need to keep together & work hard, something this team does every single week.

Ashley could just sit back and let the crowd sentiment play into his hands easily. The fans ain't blaming him in attendance so who else will the blame fall on despite a lack of investment in the squad?

Le Tissier saying we were unlucky with the goal, but only have ourselves to blame due to poor football in the final third. Not like this is a one off either, it's been the same all season so the table tells the story at the end of the day. Enough excuses.

These 3 c***s would not be able to sit in the stands if we were an Italian club they would have been lynched or possibly murdered by now. I'm not advocating violence but someone needs to rinse these f***ers and the thumb while they are at it

You say this every week.

Why are you calling on people to do something you clearly aren't prepared to do yourself?

"not advocating violence but someone needs to rinse these f***ers" - so what exactly are you alluding to? Because it sounds like you're saying they should be attacked?

Some of our fans ffs. Complete morons.

I don't condone violence but I don't condone the same people coming on here every week and spouting s**** like this when they aren't willing to do it themselves.

If your view is Mike Ashley should be lynched, then lynch him or suggest something else that you are prepared to and get behind. Don't come on here every week and say someone else should do it.

Guest neesy111

Le Tissier saying we were unlucky with the goal, but only have ourselves to blame due to poor football in the final third. Not like this is a one off either, it's been the same all season so the table tells the story at the end of the day. Enough excuses.

:thup:

Sick of hearing that it'll turn around because it happened last season, football doesn't work like that.

We have low confidence because we know we have powder puff strikers. We can dominate games until the sky falls in, we're not scoring with strikers who can't shoot for shit.

I think that's unfair on Muto and indeed Rondon. Perez maybe so, his shooting can be poor - but even Perez I believe will improve. Confidence & mentality are a huge part of football, we just need a bit of luck to go our way and players will begin to step up and put in the types of performances we witnessed last season. Perez, Shelvey, Kenedy & the likes were excellent for us and I will remain optimistic that they can be important for our survival this season. It won't be easy but we have it in us - just need to keep together & work hard, something this team does every single week.

Do you watch these games after a couple of spliffs?

Guest neesy111

2 of my mate's at the match blaming Rafa and saying he should had got 2 up front.  These are the clown's that go to games sadly.

No, I'm not HTT.

Besides I don't see anything wrong with what I've said. I think it's accurate, certainly more so than just resigning to misery & believing we cannot improve. We absolutely can, we were excellent last season but it's all been forgotten apparently.

Guest neesy111

No, I'm not HTT.

Strange as he talks sense. :safetywink:

Guest firetotheworks

2 of my mate's at the match blaming Rafa and saying he should had got 2 up front.  These are the clown's that go to games sadly.

Should have.

I think I'm canny lucky that all of my mates have exactly the same opinion as me on Newcastle. I'm not how deal with mates going to matches, blaming Rafa, and coming out with the same tired PFM shite about playing 2 up front and 442.

Should we not have gone 2 up front? I thought Ayoze was really poor and if Joselu comes on  Ayoze should have came off

No, I'm not HTT.

Strange as he talks sense. :safetywink:

Oh really  :lol: The very person hoping for a Brighton win for 'Chirssy Hughton' despite being a Newcastle fan. Aye, all the sense in the world  :lol:

Just said it in the Rafa thread, there's nothing wrong with Rafa's game plan, but it relies on a striker who can finish. We don't have one.

The players couldn’t give a bollocks.

Rinsed and repeat. Happily pick up the wages.

Rafa going through the motions too.

They care, they are just bad players

They cared last season. It’s the same bunch pretty much.

Too many apologists on here. It’s time to call a spade a spade.

Guest neesy111

Should we not have gone 2 up front? I thought Ayoze was really poor and if Joselu comes on  Ayoze should have came off

But it's always their thoughts after we lose, ah just get 2 up top and goes into the narrative that people would start blaming Rafa for results.

Yes Rafa should have changed it, but after bringing on Joselu we played poor in any-case.