Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 - post match moans p17

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Were there any anti Ashley chants etc? That's the most important thing for me to know. If there was and they were loud and constant we have a chance. If not we are done

I didn't hear any at all on Radio Newcastle. :(

Yes, there were anti Ashley chants. I can confirm sadly there were no anti Rafa chants.

You ready to FINALLY post who you'd like to see replace him? Or you just gonna continue only posting exclusively when we lose, like a cowardly little bitch?

I don’t like that line of argument myself, that’s like saying to anyone who opposed Pardew well who else would want to work here or who could we get that’s better and therefore wanting him out or being unhappy is wrong.

It’s daft.

What I would argue to the likes of Crumpy who I’m in no doubt is as genuine as anyone when it comes to NUFC is if you don’t like it why f***ing go?

I love Rafa and understand the shitty hand he has been dealt and just how limited he is in what he can do with this team and indeed the players, but I f***ing hate how we play under him even when we were top of the Championship winning every week. I would not pay to watch that.

Then there is the whole match day experience at SJP, I’d honestly rather be almost anywhere else other than SJP on a weekend even when we win.

It’s awful and there can not be anything at all right now remotely joyous on match day, it’s 100% misery.

I don’t know how anyone can wake up on a Saturday like today and think get in, it’s the Toon vs Brighton, can’t wait for kick-off. Or any match day.

I get loyalty to the badge and even the thinnest of hope for a win or a decent game, but ever single week for pretty much the entire time of Ashley’s reign, it’s been awful. It’s been awful under Rafa for the majority of his time as manager.

And yet Crumpy you keep going and so do 50,000 or so others.

It’s madness.

The days of supporting your team through thick and thin and Newcastle United til I die is now no longer a prerequisite for fans given footballers are so far detached from fans as multi millionaires, clubs have turned into businesses and the game no longer a sport but a product.

Ironically fans who stick to the thick and thin ideology have allowed players to become so far detached, clubs to become a business first and a football team second and the game to be a product first and a sport second by going to games, buying replica kits, subscribing to Sky and everything else that has stripped away the true meaning of being a fan or a supporter, reducing our role to that of a customer.

And we’ve allowed them to take the game away from us and our clubs because of this stupid thick and thin nonsense that should no longer apply to anyone unhappy with how their team playes (NUFC today), who is in the dugout (Pardew or for Crumpy Rafa) or who the owner is (Ashley).

If we are customers, start demanding a better quality product or standard of service or walk away.

The game has always played on the loyality of fans and no club more than NUFC has taken the p*ss out of the loyality of its fans which for our club enables Mike Ashley to do as he pleases and oh how he has pleased himself. Are you please Crumpy?

I’m not. I’m Newcastle United til I die because you can’t change your club like you can change your car but I’m not Newcastle United through thick and thin. My loyality is to the history of the club, the badge, not the players or manager nor a Premier League fixture. Or any fixture.

Fans have all the power and I’d love to see fans for once not just ours but those whose loyality is being shat on by fraudsters rocking up at their club’s dugout like the likes of Pardew and Big Sam or The Venkys and Oystons taken over their club as owner or mercenary players like Djilobodji happy to collect their wages and do f*** all in their  shirt, ditch the through thick and thin attitude and walk away.

Without fans there can be no club, without clubs there can be no game, without a game, there can be no Sky or FIFA or UEFA.

Fight for your club, those who keep going aren’t supporting the team or being loyal to the badge, they are weakening the role of fans and strengthening the powers that be and encouraging absolute c***s like Ashley into the game and into club ownership.

If our next home game was played out to even a half empty stadium, we challenge who owns the game, who owns our club, who owns us.

Mike Ashley owns you Crumpy and The Premier League owns you too and everyone of those in attendance today to watch a Premier League product.

Those who do keep going, have some self respect will you, do you have no shame? Are you that selfish?

Really Crumpy and this isn’t a dig at you personally, but you don’t have the right to come on here and complain about Rafa when your attendance at the game and your money strengthens Ashley. It actually weakens Rafa and reduces any hope that we will one day see the calibre of players and team that we have at current in our dugout as manager in Rafa.

Ashley doesn’t need to give him money to bring in top players so he can build a top team because he knows 50,000 plus will turn up to watch any old s**** and all the moaning and booing in the world and even relegations won’t keep people away, Rafa or no Rafa.

His own attendance didn’t even provoke anything other than a mild, feint and brief response from the masses.

If anything, fans turning on Rafa would be music to Mike’s ears because it would take away his power completely which he has only been able to reduce by not investing in players and facilities.

As Mark Renton elequontly told Tommy in Trainspotting, it’s a s**** state of affairs to be in.

Well, not for Mike Ashley.

I'm not reading all of that mate, sorry. :lol: I might later.

On the Pardew point, it's really not daft because the

situations are completely different. The answer was that it was about getting rid of the Ashley enabler and then going from there, we were more than willing to have a worse manager, many wanted us to lose so he'd fuck off, you'll probably remember the expression "short term pain for long term gain" being talked about all the time and that was the intention. Who came in was irrelevant.

We're now in a situation where the attention is rightly, squarely on Ashley because now even among those that were clinging onto the logical but naive hope that Ashley would spend if we had a good manager, the writing's on the wall, Rafa's had less than anyone and now the attention has fully turned to Ashley who doesn't have a shit manager who's happy to be the fall guy. Meanwhile, CG still seems to think a different manager would change everything, yet hasn't had an answer who would do better with these players for over two years in which we've won the championship and finished 10th. The situations are nothing alike.

"Fight for your club, those who keep going aren’t supporting the team or being loyal to the badge, they are weakening the role of fans and strengthening the powers that be and encouraging absolute cunts like Ashley into the game and into club ownership"

Exactly. The next home game should be an attendance of zero. We have nothing to lose. That would be for all the bollocks and 10 years of throwing cup games and so on. Imagine the coverage that would generate

But our modern sheep wankers won't do it.

.com can fuck off with this rubbish too

"Quite simply we needed to win: for the team, the fans, the manager, the club, even for the owner."

That's what your up against. Fuck them

aye, that was a strange quote but they did finish off with "Cut your losses Mike, just sell up and **** off."

.com can fuck off with this rubbish too

"Quite simply we needed to win: for the team, the fans, the manager, the club, even for the owner."

That's what your up against. Fuck them

Aye seen that after but still they don't get it and have been very kind to him over the years

aye, that was a strange quote but they did finish off with "Cut your losses Mike, just sell up and **** off."

"Fight for your club, those who keep going aren’t supporting the team or being loyal to the badge, they are weakening the role of fans and strengthening the powers that be and encouraging absolute cunts like Ashley into the game and into club ownership"

Exactly. The next home game should be an attendance of zero. We have nothing to lose. That would be for all the bollocks and 10 years of throwing cup games and so on. Imagine the coverage that would generate

But our modern sheep wankers won't do it.

Ive not been for 8 years now.  Ive spoken to a couple of customers at work I know who are season ticket holders, and when I have brought up the subject of Ashley and gone a (controlled) rant , they have simply looked at me with a blank expression, almost tilting their heads side ways like a confused dog, and I have had to change the subject back to something they can comprehend.

For all the possession, shots etc we had we never really troubled their keeper.  The last ten minutes summed up the state the club is in, with absolutely no idea how to move the ball past the halfway line.  Muto instead of Perez off was a shocking decisions as well.

Only positive I can think of is that Diame played well apart from a few trademark fuck ups.

Reckon lots of people will disagree with this (judging by the previous posts) but I actually think today was a fairly creditable performance. I'm not trying to say we were fantastic but we deserved something from the game. I think if that had been the first game of the season we'd all be annoyed at the result but hopeful for the coming weeks - but it's not and instead we are bottom of the league without a win in 9 so it feels awful.

Starting with our defensive performance, I think we were pretty solid. The goal we conceded was from a corner that shouldn't have been given and went in via a big deflection. Apart from that (if I remember correctly) Brighton's only other big chances all came on the breakaway or through sloppy passing as we were chasing the game in the last quarter.

On the attacking side Perez, Ritchie and Shelvey (x2) all forced Ryan into good saves. Kenedy shot just over the bar and Muto was unlucky to head over with the ball coming at him fast on the rebound. On another day with a bit more luck in front of goal then one of those chances could have easily gone in. Could we have done more in attack? Definitely and there is big room for improvement, but we weren't hideous.

The real problem in attack was the limitations of our wider squad. Brighton played very narrow and let us have space out wide, safe in the knowledge that the targets our wingers and full backs were trying to pick out in the box were primarily Muto and Perez (with support from Ritchie, Kenedy, Shelvey depending on who was putting the ball in) and that our only option to change it was Joselu. And with the quality of the deliveries also falling short in the large part our bench had no particularly appealing options - none of Atsu, Murphy or Manquillo are likely to provide better quality into the box.

The worry remains chronic under investment in the squad which is sabotaging the efforts of a world class manager and players who worked hard today. It's going to be another long season at the bottom end of the table but if we put in performances like we did today week in week out then I think we'll be alright in the long run. If the deflection on Shelvey's free kick sends it in and the Kayal deflection flies into Dubravka's hands, we'd be patting ourselves on the back tonight for another solid, Rafa-like home win.

Really strange some people saying the Ref was poor today, he did nothing to affect the result (he does run like a Raptor tho) I know the corner was dubious but the Ref was not the problem today.

Really strange some people saying the Ref was poor today, he did nothing to affect the result (he does run like a Raptor tho) I know the corner was dubious but the Ref was not the problem today.

If it shouldn’t have been a corner and the ref’s given a corner then he’s had a massive affect on the result. ???

Eh, giving a corner that wasn't which they scored from is affecting the result.

There is a complete lack of confidence in the team.  Lejeune is a huge miss the back four can't pass the ball.  Ritchie runs arou d pointing and shouting but does nothing.  The crowd love him though as he runs round pointing and shouting.  His set pieces were awful never missed the front man.  Shelvey sprayed a 60 yard pass leaving him one on one and he turned inside knocking it twenty yards back.  We are woeful only shelvey and Kennedy have My creation. Our bench is dire this can only go one way

I dont agree, a pen would affect the result not a corner that was luckily deflected in.

I dont agree, a pen would affect the result not a corner that was luckily deflected in.

The referee gave a corner that wasn't, they would not have scored if he made the correct decision, therefore it affected the result.