Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 - post match moans p17

Greg

I see what you's mean but I'm trying to say that we shouldn't blame the ref for today's result

Well i think we should because it should have been 0-0.

Ok fine however in my opinion we shouldn't need the ref to beat Brighton and their 800 travelling fans and we shouldn't be defending our 18 yard box from the 85th minute.

I see what you's mean but I'm trying to say that we shouldn't blame the ref for today's result

Well i think we should because it should have been 0-0.

Ok fine however in my opinion we shouldn't need the ref to beat Brighton and their 800 travelling fans and we shouldn't be defending our 18 yard box from the 85th minute.

Absolutley agree with that, one man to blame.

I think we played quite well today, we had 27 shots on goal, we severely lacking up front due to under investment plus we missed numerous clear cut chances which we have done a lot this season not to add some poor referee decisions so far!

Obviously only one man to blame and it isn’t Rafa

xG was 1.71 for this, a different day we win. It’s just frustrating as fuck.

Anyone who says Brighton deserved to win needs to be strapped to a chair like A Clockwork Orange and watch Mat Ryan parry that shot straight to Muto on a loop.

The most worrying thing for me in that match were our set pieces. The first corner after about a minute went short to Shelvey and then back to Yedlin? who crossed from about thirty yards out, a position that will be three or four times less effective than a corner.

Guest reefatoon

xG was 1.71 for this, a different day we win. It’s just frustrating as f***.

Anyone who says Brighton deserved to win needs to be strapped to a chair like A Clockwork Orange and watch Mat Ryan parry that shot straight to Muto on a loop.

The most worrying thing for me in that match were our set pieces. The first corner after about a minute went short to Shelvey and then back to Yedlin? who crossed from about thirty yards out, a position that will be three or four times less effective than a corner.

It doesn’t matter one jot who deserves to win. You get no points for that.

xG was 1.71 for this, a different day we win. It’s just frustrating as f***.

It doesn’t matter one jot who deserves to win. You get no points for that.

That's true. My only point would be the time to sack your manager is after games you lose and deserve to lose.

For all the attempts we had, only four were from the three strikers Perez (2), Hoss (that ridiculous one), and Muto (1).

Ahhhhhhh, another shitty Sunday morning feeling.

:lol: Saturday nights as well. I used really look forward to MOTD, can't remember the last time I actually bothered to sit through the whole thing.

Ahhhhhhh, another shitty Sunday morning feeling.

:lol: Saturday nights as well. I used really look forward to MOTD, can't remember the last time I actually bothered to sit through the whole thing.

I drank myself into oblivion last night tbh, can't deal with this shit anymore :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Pardew is on Goals on Sunday, just as a warning.

How is his hair looking?

Perfect as always.

http://i65.tinypic.com/r0ruw2.gif

It's going to be another long season at the bottom end of the table but if we put in performances like we did today week in week out then I think we'll be alright in the long run.

Surely we can't be as wasteful every week? We're not terrible, just can't score at the moment. #hope

Indeed, if we are going to get relegated, it will be like Boro last time due to lack of goals. The teams with record low points totals regularly shipped three or more.

Against Leicester, we conceded a penalty for a handball about a meter from where the shot was taken. This week it was a non-corner. Can't we get a homer ref for a change?

Indeed, if we are going to get relegated, it will be like Boro last time due to lack of goals. The teams with record low points totals regularly shipped three or more.

Against Leicester, we conceded a penalty for a handball about a meter from where the shot was taken. This week it was a non-corner. Can't we get a homer ref for a change?

That's it like innit, we are obviously shit, but we need the decisons to be fair ffs, it got beyond a joke a long time ago.

That fucking corner decision :lol::anguish:

Reckon lots of people will disagree with this (judging by the previous posts) but I actually think today was a fairly creditable performance. I'm not trying to say we were fantastic but we deserved something from the game. I think if that had been the first game of the season we'd all be annoyed at the result but hopeful for the coming weeks - but it's not and instead we are bottom of the league without a win in 9 so it feels awful.

Starting with our defensive performance, I think we were pretty solid. The goal we conceded was from a corner that shouldn't have been given and went in via a big deflection. Apart from that (if I remember correctly) Brighton's only other big chances all came on the breakaway or through sloppy passing as we were chasing the game in the last quarter.

On the attacking side Perez, Ritchie and Shelvey (x2) all forced Ryan into good saves. Kenedy shot just over the bar and Muto was unlucky to head over with the ball coming at him fast on the rebound. On another day with a bit more luck in front of goal then one of those chances could have easily gone in. Could we have done more in attack? Definitely and there is big room for improvement, but we weren't hideous.

The real problem in attack was the limitations of our wider squad. Brighton played very narrow and let us have space out wide, safe in the knowledge that the targets our wingers and full backs were trying to pick out in the box were primarily Muto and Perez (with support from Ritchie, Kenedy, Shelvey depending on who was putting the ball in) and that our only option to change it was Joselu. And with the quality of the deliveries also falling short in the large part our bench had no particularly appealing options - none of Atsu, Murphy or Manquillo are likely to provide better quality into the box.

The worry remains chronic under investment in the squad which is sabotaging the efforts of a world class manager and players who worked hard today. It's going to be another long season at the bottom end of the table but if we put in performances like we did today week in week out then I think we'll be alright in the long run. If the deflection on Shelvey's free kick sends it in and the Kayal deflection flies into Dubravka's hands, we'd be patting ourselves on the back tonight for another solid, Rafa-like home win.

Perfect assessment mate.

First game i’ve been to in about 3 years since I binned season ticket at end of Carver season. This is comfortably the worst side quality wise i’ve seen. Performance wasn’t that bad but theres just no cutting edge. Our movement off the ball as well was absolutely horrendous, think it was Kenedy at one point just put his arms up when the statues around him were just staring. It’ll be our lack of attackers that will send us down though, playing loads of brilliant crosses in when Muto was on the pitch, then not a single one when Joselu, who could actually get his head on it, comes on  :lol: First time seeing Joselu in the flesh, fuck me what an awful footballer, how the fuck has he played Premier League football for the last 5 or so years? That shot that he put out for a throw in was pure aids.