Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

I still stand my corner reefa but we are so down at the moment.  I hope I don't come across as all dramatic,we are talking about a game of football after all but we feel as if we are just going through the motions on a match day.  We always said as soon as the enjoyment was missing then we would go missing.  It's not like we demand to win every game, christ we have been through some crap.

We also love our rugby union and we discussed the forthcoming rugby internationals.  So we have decided to do our personal boycott whilst the internationals are on.  I'm not giving the season tickets to anyone mind.  I also attend the Magpie Group meetings and the lads and lasses there have giving me that extra incentive to stay away.  Breaks my heart if I'm honest.

In Whitley Bay like the North Tyneside scum that I am. At one point I lived on St Thomas Crescent, which makes me geographically the best Newcastle fan the world has ever had I reckon.

Nice street! but people in Leazes Terrace and surrounds might take issue with the bestest as nearest reckoning  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

In Whitley Bay like the North Tyneside scum that I am. At one point I lived on St Thomas Crescent, which makes me geographically the best Newcastle fan the world has ever had I reckon.

Haway man, it's getting a bit hysterical, don't confuse "some" and "probably" with all and definitely  :)

IMO there's no difference between a real Newcastle fan who lives on St.Thomas' or one who lives on the other side of the world, in fact the staunchest supporters I know travel very long distances to follow Newcastle.

I agree, so why bring up that some couldn't point out Newcastle on a map in that case? :lol: Not hysterical at all, just seems like an odd thing to bring up. Re your other point about tickets btw, I'll buy your ticket off you for the match if it means 1 less not going like.

Guest firetotheworks

Nice street! but people in Leazes Terrace and surrounds might take issue with the bestest as nearest reckoning  :lol:

I've always just assumed that everyone on Leazes Terrace automatically hates football because SJP can't be extended on that end tbh. :lol: Stupid logic like.

The last few days have fully demonstrated to me that any boycott ideas or anything else won't get any meaningful support ever - the amount of muppets and sheep on social media that are calling the Magpies group suggestions as "pointless" or "not supporting the team" or "I'm not changing my routine". The main problem is Ashley but not far behind out the 40 plus thousand who are quite happy to just fund him whilst sitting on their arses doing nothing.

The last few days have fully demonstrated to me that any boycott ideas or anything else won't get any meaningful support ever - the amount of muppets and sheep on social media that are calling the Magpies group suggestions as "pointless" or "not supporting the team" or "I'm not changing my routine". The main problem is Ashley but not far behind out the 40 plus thousand who are quite happy to just fund him whilst sitting on their arses doing nothing.

I was talking to one today that was accusing the Magpie Group of trying to take Newcastle away from him !!!!.........................let them have Sports Direct United I say

Guest Howaythetoon

Just have to ignore them and carry on, again 1 person boycotting is standing up and saying no. You obviously hope thousands and thousands will boycott, but numbers shouldn’t factor in terms of success or failure or have any bearing after the event.

There needs to be a big public push and call to arms leading up to it though and it would be nice to see Nufc.com do a write up like they did against Spurs which I thought was balanced and hit the right spot between those boycotting, those not and those undecided. As KK said, it’s our club so do what you want to do.

Maybe an article or press release needs to come out explaining why a call for a boycott is being made and to ask people to join, but to also address those that won’t or don’t want to. I wouldn’t waste my time on the idiots who mock the idea or slag it nor get drawn into a debate over the merits or otherwise with them.

This is where all fan groups and forums like here, Toontastic, websites like Nufc.com need to promote the boycott, on twitte, Facebook and in the media too. It may not attract everyone to join, but it will make people think about it and these protests and shed more light on just how unhappy we are and our opposition of Mike Ashley’s NUFC which he hasn’t paid for by the way, the fans have.

Again it’s our club and it’s time to fight for it and I feel not going for just a one off match is something anyone can manage and that’s the message I’d like to see put out not the message fans should and if they don’t they are idiots. They are for going, but that’s my own personal opinion. It can’t be the personal opinion of the various groups nor individuals representing them outside of what they may think privately.

Just have to ignore them and carry on, again 1 person boycotting is standing up and saying no. You obviously hope thousands and thousands will boycott, but numbers shouldn’t factor in terms of success or failure or have any bearing after the event.

There needs to be a big public push and call to arms leading up to it though and it would be nice to see Nufc.com do a write up like they did against Spurs which I thought was balanced and hit the right spot between those boycotting, those not and those undecided. As KK said, it’s our club so do what you want to do.

Maybe an article or press release needs to come out explaining why a call for a boycott is being made and to ask people to join, but to also address those that won’t or don’t want to. I wouldn’t waste my time on the idiots who mock the idea or slag it nor get drawn into a debate over the merits or otherwise with them.

This is where all fan groups and forums like here, Toontastic, websites like Nufc.com need to promote the boycott, on twitte, Facebook and in the media too. It may not attract everyone to join, but it will make people think about it and these protests and shed more light on just how unhappy we are and our opposition of Mike Ashley’s NUFC which he hasn’t paid for by the way, the fans have.

Again it’s our club and it’s time to fight for it and I feel not going for just a one off match is something anyone can manage and that’s the message I’d like to see put out not the message fans should and if they don’t they are idiots. They are for going, but that’s my own personal opinion. It can’t be the personal opinion of the various groups nor individuals representing them outside of what they may think privately.

I worked with Colin Whittle from the Magpie Group for a lot of years before I retired due to ill health this year and know him quite well and if Colin can miss a match then anyone can as he is absolutely black and white daft - unfortunately 40,000 plus can't see that.

Guest The Little Waster

The main problem is the fans . Footballs full of rich cunts using clubs for their own benefit . Most fans seem to have an abnormally low iq and will passively accept whatever shit the owner throws at them . Ashley could rape their kids on the halfway line at half time and they wouldnt even blink

The main problem is the fans . Footballs full of rich cunts using clubs for their own benefit . Most fans seem to have an abnormally low iq and will passively accept whatever shit the owner throws at them . Ashley could rape their kids on the halfway line at half time and they wouldnt even blink

Alright that sort of line has been done to death now - bit distasteful that one.

You make that statement after suggesting other people have a low IQ?

Guest reefatoon

Me and the wife are not attending the next three home games.  We have been season ticket holders for thirty(yes 30 years).  The life and sole has literally been drained away.  Sad.

:clap:

Yep, agree with this. It’s a massive ask for some people and full credit to the lifelong fans who are willing to give it a go. It is hard, but hopefully this can be the start of the end and we can get our club back. Well done Rod and his missus.

Have the local press said much about it?  If we could get them onside to publicise it and maybe even join the call it'd make a difference.

Thinking about it, how much do you reckon a full page ad in the Ronnie would cost?

Alright that sort of line has been done to death now - bit distasteful that one.

Indeed.

Me and the wife are not attending the next three home games.  We have been season ticket holders for thirty(yes 30 years).  The life and sole has literally been drained away.  Sad.

Good on you Rod!

It was a killer for me when i cancelled my ST a few years ago, but i’ve never regretted it if i’m honest.  It sounds like you and your missus have reached a similar point to where i was at back then.  It’s sickening what Ashley has done to some of our loyalist fans.

Guest Howaythetoon

A good friend of mine and his wife have season tickets and go together and for them it’s their time together and I do believe NUFC played a part in how they met and become a couple. They hate Ashley, but won’t stop going because for them the match is symbolic and very much part of their lives on a weekend spent together. They know my feelings, but I wouldn’t dream of trying to even get them to boycott or slag them for keep going because I respect them so much and just because I don’t go doesn’t mean I have the right to tell them not to or pester them not to. I get why they go still and don’t have any issues with people like them or Conjo taking his old man for example. They do however support protests, don’t shop at SD, won’t buy drinks or anything else and are vocal in any chants against Ashley and if all those that attended did likewise, I’d regard that as standing up against the owner and another form of protest.

Ironically my other good friend who sort of hooked this couple up together who was a ST holder for 30 + years at SJP and once had a box and whose dad went to most games and his dad and close friends and sons and daughters, nieces and nephews etc. jacked it in when KK left second time around and most of them now passionately follow Gateshead and have succeeded in converting others to sack the Toon for the ‘Heed. I must add, a good number of die hard ‘Heed old timers haven’t exactly been over welcoming to see people jump ship if you like.

This mate with his lass, he’s been to a few ‘Heed games, but is stoic in his defence of Newcastle and how he sees my ‘Heed supporting die hard mate who were once NUFC and many like him as a ship jumper too and calls him a deserter who has given up on his club and things can get heated when this is talked about.

He knows how passionate I am and my thoughts but will tell me where to go as well if I start on one. His opinion is once you commit to NUFC that’s it, you don’t desert or turn your back on the team. Chant against the owner, don’t buy merchandise etc., but as KK said don’t ever give up on your club and for him and his lass not going would mean that.

Again I get it, but for me, going is giving up on your club because it’s accepting and choosing a club that Ashley has destroyed to the point it’s now no longer Newcastle United, the club Sir John Hall and KK built for us or Sir Bobby gave us and all those great names like Shearer, Wor Jackie.

He’s been so destructive since taking over it’s now not our club, it’s his and his loyal paying customers and employees who carry out his ill deeds against the interests of fans and the club. Rafa’s ours because he’s fighting to restore our once proud club on our behalf as KK did. But that’s about it and unless enough do something about it and make a stand it will be lost to us all forever. And just because a team in black and white wearing the badge runs out at SJP that doesn’t mean it’s Newcastle United out there, not when it’s sole purpose is to adbertise Sports Direct and make one man richer at the expense of the club which exists for the fans and the city not some fat cunt with a sports shop empire from Hertfordshire.

It is indeed our club and we can’t give up on it, but keep going and unapposing Mike Ashley the way 50k do, however, and that’s exactly what you are doing, giving up on Newcastle United, your club and with it, for me, IMO, the right to have such a club to follow because you don’t deserve it and never will, you deserve everything Mike Ashley has you paying for and nothing more if you keep choosing it to follow and invest your time and money in.

Me, I don’t deserve anything personally, but will fight for a club I think the City deserves, my kids and their kids deserve, the sport itself and game deserves which is not some empty shell leeching off TV revenues taking up a position in a league a far more deserving club with ambition should be in and a club the likes of KK deserve to see continue to honour what they achieved here and helped build.

When KK said you can’t give up on your club he didn’t mean it literally as in you can’t stop going, he meant by not accepting a club that doesn’t deserve our support which he did more than anyone to try and match and make worthy of. I should know what he meant because he uttered those words to me personally. He wasn’t telling me to keep going to the match, he was telling me to never give up on what kind of club I want to belong to, what it means to me, how much and what it is that makes it my club. Well Kevin, it was you and what you did, you give me my club or what it means to me and what I want from my club and value.

He has said himself he won’t come back until Ashley goes and that’s him not giving up on a club he helped shape, create and influenced as a player and manager and helped to try and keep from becoming second time as a manager which lead him to a courtroom where he didn’t just fight for himself but all of us and our club in a contest between his NUFC and Mike Ashley’s. A club that’s his, a club that was his fathers. A club he gave me, made me believe in, have pride in and fall so madly in love with as he did himself when he joined as a player.

He said he will return when Ashley goes because this is not Newcastle United, it’s Mike Ashley’s version. They say you can’t choose your club, well you can thanks to Mike Ashley and it’s time now to choose and decide your club. Newcastle United FC or Mike Ashley/Sports Direct FC.

Choose and decide and whatever may be.

For me, I choose not choose Mike Ashley like Kevin Keegan chose. I will not step foot inside SJP ever again while he is owner, my kids will never step foot inside while they remain kids either. I will not spend any money on NUFC or invest any time and emotion following the club whatsoever. In fact I hope Mike Ashley’s NUFC lose every game while he is owner and crash and burn so his version ceases to exist like my version has under him and thanks to him. That’s because this isn’t my club anymore so I don’t care what happens under his ownership. It’s not my Newcastle United and never will be or can be while he’s owner so why the fuck should I care. I refuse his version of our club and oppose it 100%.

My club lives on in the memories and efforts of Keegan, Sir Bobby, Hughie Gallagher, the Fairs Cup team, the FA Cup wins and 4 League titles and our magnificent history and I’ll never give up on that club because that is the only club for me. the only Newcastle United who will never be defeated as KK showed in a court representing us against Mike Ashley’s Newcastle which he won.

One club

Decide

NUFC

Ashley Out

A good friend of mine and his wife have season tickets and go together and for them it’s their time together and I do believe NUFC played a part in how they met and become a couple. They hate Ashley, but won’t stop going because for them the match is symbolic and very much part of their lives on a weekend spent together.

See, I actually don't get this. It's ONE match. Why don't they go to the cinema? Why don't they go for a nice meal, a spa treatment, a driving experience?

I appreciate why people don't want to give up season tickets, stop going completely, but people can't stay away for ONE match? Do they never go on holiday, have work commitments, family emergencies?

There really is no hope if people can't miss one match.

A good friend of mine and his wife have season tickets and go together and for them it’s their time together and I do believe NUFC played a part in how they met and become a couple. They hate Ashley, but won’t stop going because for them the match is symbolic and very much part of their lives on a weekend spent together.

See, I actually don't get this. It's ONE match. Why don't they go to the cinema? Why don't they go for a nice meal, a spa treatment, a driving experience?

I appreciate why people don't want to give up season tickets, stop going completely, but people can't stay away for ONE match? Do they never go on holiday, have work commitments, family emergencies?

There really is no hope if people can't miss one match.

Exactly missing one match has no excuses if you really give a shit about getting Ashley out. Plus the match is on Sky go to the pub and watch it.

I bet people miss one or two matchs a season  if they go on holiday or something but a fight for the club's future is overrode by the individual wanting "their saturday afternoon".

Their saturday afternoons will get a whole lot shitter if they dont finally make a stand now and sacrifice 90 minutes of their football lives for the greater good of the club.