Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

I don't think there are any supporters, attending or not, who don't think that a change at the top would be good for the club now.

However many think that it will take a far more structured, intelligent and powerful approach than a few people shouting at Sports Direct outlets or boycotting a home match to make such change actually happen. It's probably also fair to say that being insulted by internet warriors or told what to do by the same odious, self appointed spokespeople who think they are above the ordinary fans because they can write a blog, does little more than put the backs up of the majority who feel they still want to go to the match to support their team.

If you don't want to go to the match that's fine, if you do that's also fine, but insulting and shouting at people like some deranged fascist just because they don't agree with your point of view really isn't the way forward.

Probably one of the most ironic and hypocritical posts I've read on here. Just saying it how it is? End of?

Guest firetotheworks

Another one that's snooty of the opposition to Ashley but without any effort, involvement, or ideas themselves then. All while continuing to give money to Ashley. :thup: The fucking arrogance, man. 

I don't think there are any supporters, attending or not, who don't think that a change at the top would be good for the club now.

However many think that it will take a far more structured, intelligent and powerful approach than a few people shouting at Sports Direct outlets or boycotting a home match to make such change actually happen. It's probably also fair to say that being insulted by internet warriors or told what to do by the same odious, self appointed spokespeople who think they are above the ordinary fans because they can write a blog, does little more than put the backs up of the majority who feel they still want to go to the match to support their team.

If you don't want to go to the match that's fine, if you do that's also fine, but insulting and shouting at people like some deranged fascist just because they don't agree with your point of view really isn't the way forward.

I just dont get this at all, on any level.

Naturally I agree with the sentiment of the TF article but I don't think it serves any purpose other than to get certain people's backs up. Attacking idiots is no way to convince them, it just strengthens their resolve.

:thup:

This is the thing. It's so hard to not just scream in people's faces but it'll do nothing. I'm not totally convinced the effort needed to convince people is worth it either, it's proper draining at times.

I think arguing with people online is definitely tiring and frustrating. People hold their positions much more resolutely online. Maybe Plenum is right and we need a more simple approach, posters in local shops would be a constant presence  and a symbol that the community is behind the movement. I think we'd need to be careful of dragging the online discourse into the realm of public reality, by not screaming in peoples faces, and maybe keeping it to anti Ashley posters, rather than the more divisive issue of boycott.

On first reading that sounded like we'd have Branko or someone standing in the local newsagents all day :lol:

No need to be trying to put local companies out of business mind.

Guest The Little Waster

Any so called NUFC fan who is aware of the boycott and still turns up for this game is a moron, let's just say it as it is.

Thats an awful lot of morons

You don't appear to understand what is going on.

Guest firetotheworks

While you've got to admire those who are genuinely boycotting, i.e. actually have something to give up, again this looks like a lot of people who don't go anyway, some of who probably couldn't point at Newcastle on a map, asking "the sheep" to sacrifice what they've already paid for.

Just a suggestion but why don't the protesters who have nothing to give up or boycott, offer to buy tickets off "the sheep" (at face value of course) and then not use them.

Surely that would make them feel better about themselves and show that they are not just asking others to make a sacrifice on their behalf ?

Enjoyed this one from Saturday as well. Got to love the sneaky insinuation that boycotting=NOT LOCAL as well. :lol:

That's quite a lot of assumptions you've made there. Has it never occurred to you that a lot of the people 'with nothing to give up' have nothing to give up because they gave it up years ago? The point about money is an interesting one, I'd personally be well up for buying someone's ticket if it really came down to it being about money, like. It being about money doesn't really scream 'I need to support the lads!!' though does it? 

Guest firetotheworks

In Whitley Bay like the North Tyneside scum that I am. At one point I lived on St Thomas Crescent, which makes me geographically the best Newcastle fan the world has ever had I reckon.

I can confirm that, despite living 235 miles away from St. James' Park, being born less than a mile away from St. James' Park, currently with shared access to a season ticket, that believe it or not, and I know how ridiculous this sounds, I can point out where Newcastle upon Tyne is on a map.

Guest neesy111

I can confirm that, despite living 235 miles away from St. James' Park, being born less than a mile away from St. James' Park, currently with shared access to a season ticket, that believe it or not, and I know how ridiculous this sounds, I can point out where Newcastle upon Tyne is on a map.

giphy.gif

In Whitley Bay like the North Tyneside scum that I am. At one point I lived on St Thomas Crescent, which makes me geographically the best Newcastle fan the world has ever had I reckon.

Haway man, it's getting a bit hysterical, don't confuse "some" and "probably" with all and definitely  :)

IMO there's no difference between a real Newcastle fan who lives on St.Thomas' or one who lives on the other side of the world, in fact the staunchest supporters I know travel very long distances to follow Newcastle.

They could always try and suggest what they would do then? I don't see anyone doing that. They want a change at the top but aren't willing to do anything to achieve it?

Maybe they think that it's ultimately going to take someone with enough money to sway the thick skinned, hard nosed businessman who currently holds the power?  However an outsider's view of the club may not make it such an attractive proposition right now.

If you feel that shouting at shops and boycotting home games (assuming you actually go) is the way forward then hey that's great, carry on doing it.

suppose Ashley had an offer for the club that was around what he wanted but hadn't made his mind up.

Do you think he would be more or less likely to accept and sell if there were protests and boycotts, or more likely to sell if there were no protests and the money was guaranteed to keep pouring in? 

Interesting question and the assumption would probably be the first scenario. I guess that's what must motivate the regular protesters. However in the case of Ashley I reckon it's only the filthy lucre which will count at the end of the day, he's always seemed pretty impervious to insults and protests to date.

They could always try and suggest what they would do then? I don't see anyone doing that. They want a change at the top but aren't willing to do anything to achieve it?

Maybe they think that it's ultimately going to take someone with enough money to sway the thick skinned, hard nosed businessman who currently holds the power?  However an outsider's view of the club may not make it such an attractive proposition right now.

If you feel that shouting at shops and boycotting home games (assuming you actually go) is the way forward then hey that's great, carry on doing it.

suppose Ashley had an offer for the club that was around what he wanted but hadn't made his mind up.

Do you think he would be more or less likely to accept and sell if there were protests and boycotts, or more likely to sell if there were no protests and the money was guaranteed to keep pouring in? 

Interesting question and the assumption would probably be the first scenario. I guess that's what must motivate the regular protesters. However in the case of Ashley I reckon it's only the filthy lucre which will count at the end of the day, he's always seemed pretty impervious to insults and protests to date.

So stop giving him money maybe?

Haway man, it's getting a bit hysterical, don't confuse "some" and "probably" with all and definitely  :)

IMO there's no difference between a real Newcastle fan who lives on St.Thomas' or one who lives on the other side of the world, in fact the staunchest supporters I know travel very long distances to follow Newcastle.

:anguish:

I thought we got past this flawed assumption, the most recent evidence being V-gate at the Italian restaurant. He is absolutely bothered what people think and say of him or wouldn't keep trying to defend himself and hoying his toys out the pram, like the spoilt 5 year old fat kid he is.

I don't go to many games since I live in Norway. Usually travel one time per season, most often with my father to get some quality time together since we live very far away from each other and don't get to see each other that often anymore. He has supported Newcastle since his first visit when he was 15 and working on a ship, I was left with little choice luckily enough.

Not directly related to the Wolves match, but instead of going to Newcastle this year (and for the foreseeable future) I'm visiting him in Spain for a week. There's always other things you can do than giving money to Ashley.

Oh, and both of us can point out Newcastle on the map. My father might even be able to give you co-ordinates as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't go to many games since I live in Norway. Usually travel one time per season, most often with my father to get some quality time together since we live very far away from each other and don't get to see each other that often anymore. He has supported Newcastle since his first visit when he was 15 and working on a ship, I was left with little choice luckily enough.

Not directly related to the Wolves match, but instead of going to Newcastle this year (and for the foreseeable future) I'm visiting him in Spain for a week. There's always other things you can do than giving money to Ashley.

Oh, and both of us can point out Newcastle on the map. My father might even be able to give you co-ordinates as well.

You see, I don’t have a problem with someone like yourself taking your old man to a match or two to spend some quality time together and that’s what depresses me even more about Ashley because he’s making NUFC such a waste of time on so many levels for people where it perhaps means more than just a game of football. Nowt stopping you bringing him to Newcastle and watching the match in a pub and spending some time here though and if you did I’m sure ther would be a few members off here willing to sup a pint with you and your old man  :thup:

I demand that you bring your father over to boycott.

Only kidding.

Guest reefatoon

Well, done my bit. A buddy wanted some work done and I said I will do it as long as he doesn't go the the Wolves game. Can't beat a bit of blackmail to help the cause eh.

Me and the wife are not attending the next three home games.  We have been season ticket holders for thirty(yes 30 years).  The life and sole has literally been drained away.  Sad.