Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Guest NobbyOhNobby

A good friend of mine and his wife have season tickets and go together and for them it’s their time together and I do believe NUFC played a part in how they met and become a couple. They hate Ashley, but won’t stop going because for them the match is symbolic and very much part of their lives on a weekend spent together.

See, I actually don't get this. It's ONE match. Why don't they go to the cinema? Why don't they go for a nice meal, a spa treatment, a driving experience?

I appreciate why people don't want to give up season tickets, stop going completely, but people can't stay away for ONE match? Do they never go on holiday, have work commitments, family emergencies?

There really is no hope if people can't miss one match.

Or a Roman fort or Victorian folley

Fuck the boycott, our captain has just signed a new long term contract, now I know he and his family are set up for life I'm totally pacified, we'll be renewing the toilet brushes next and totally Fucking our budget up, I wonder if uncle Mike will lend us another £30 million ?

4 of us not going.

spoke to my kids, they hate ashley even though they're quite young. explained the boycott and they eventually agreed.

this is quite a big deal, unfortunately they think ashley will sell the day after.

they keep asking why no one sitting near ashley shouts at the nasty fat man. 

4 of us not going.

spoke to my kids, they hate ashley even though they're quite young. explained the boycott and they eventually agreed.

this is quite a big deal, unfortunately they think ashley will sell the day after.

they keep asking why no one sitting near ashley shouts at the nasty fat man.

It’s a good point...why does nobody shout at him!?

Because nobody in the Milburn stand has done more than whispered since 1995.

yeah we had to move out of the paddocks for the atmosphere and the attitude of the "silent supafans" during the sackpardew/ashleyout days.

Because nobody in the Milburn stand has done more than whispered since 1995.

half of them are in on a freebie, not giving a fuck about anything tbh

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

It's about the visual impact though.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

He won't be laughing his socks off when Sky stop putting us on TV

I thought we were on tv a lot because of the viewing figures though, and if more stay at home and watch on tv the viewing figures therefore go up and we're on even more.

I thought we were on tv a lot because of the viewing figures though, and if more stay at home and watch on tv the viewing figures therefore go up and we're on even more.

Even still, this isn't a direct hit at Ashley, this is about him but for a wider audience, what more of a statement than not using something you paid for? It's a vote of no confidence, the rest of the footballing world will be thinking they've paid but still aren't going, there must be something bad to cause that?

I get it man, you don't want to miss the game, it's your prerogative . There will never be a consensus, you do what you think is right dude.

I know, i get that, but i also think f*** him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

I also want to go to the match but am boycotting all games, if you can't stay away for one organised game for the greater good then that's poor imo.