Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

It's about the visual impact though.

I know, i get that, but i also think f*** him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

I also want to go to the match but am boycotting all games, if you can't stay away for one organised game for the greater good then that's poor imo.

It's too tiresome a battle mate, you may as well smash your face off a brick wall as much use arguing the point will do. The Wolves match has got enough momentum to make a statement and we know it won't happen over night, other supporters will see the success and jump on board. This has to gain momentum and the more we protest, the more will join.

As infuriating as it is, the best we can do is inform and educate, the minute we turn on each other we weaken our stance and telling someone they're wrong for what they believe in only makes them more steadfast in their decision.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Little Waster

What a mess it has turned out as expected - arguments everywhere! Divide and conquer all over - Ashley will be laughing his balls off

I'd always still intended going anyway but mentioned the boycott to the bairn and her response was that we'd already bought season tickets if we didn't go it meant Ashley was the winner as he'd took money off us without us getting the service/goods/game we'd paid for. Said we shouldn't let him win and shouldn't let him stop us from doing what we enjoy doing ie going to the match.

We've already missed Brighton as we were on holiday (lad at work bought our tickets though) and may well miss Liverpool due to my neices wedding but this will depend on the game being moved for tv.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

He'll be laughing his stots off at that fact he's had the money and people haven't come.

Not as much as hes laughing at you for still turning up season after season . Its mugs like you that keep him here and in the long term fuck the club over . Take a bow

Guest neesy111

Majority is season ticket, 'sales' won't be representative of anything. The Spurs boycott attendance was 47.4k, where as there was only something like 31k in the ground including away fans.

It was nowhere near as low as 31k for that spurs match.

Guest Howaythetoon

Majority is season ticket, 'sales' won't be representative of anything. The Spurs boycott attendance was 47.4k, where as there was only something like 31k in the ground including away fans.

It was nowhere near as low as 31k for that spurs match.

Looked like that kind of figure from many photos and even Mick Lowes reckoned as many as 20k could have boycotted. We will never know though of course. Wolves boycott won’t happen, there has been no build up to it whatsoever from any of the fan groups or on social media. That and 2 wins on the spin.

Ashley and Bishop have won.

I know, i get that, but i also think fuck him, he's not stopping me from doing what i want to do which is go to the match.

Not as much as hes laughing at you for still turning up season after season . Its mugs like you that keep him here and in the long term fuck the club over . Take a bow

And its people like you that lead to a divided fan base by acting like a dick. Your type gets people's backs up as you're incapable of putting a well reasoned argument across and resort to slinging insults. Its counter-productive and is more likely to push people in the opposite direction.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't say 'fuck you' to someone while also giving them £600 a year when money is the only language they understand. It would be nice if you could have it both ways, but you just can't. And again, IT'S ONE FUCKING MATCH. Going to that match isn't in any way, shape or form, a 'fuck you' to Ashley. If you're going because it's a 'fuck you' to anyone then it's only really a fuck you to the other fans, or at the absolute least, will be perceived as that. 

Guest firetotheworks

So just to get this straight, you're fine with Ashley still getting your money if you're on holiday or at a wedding, but if you don't go for an actual principled reason as a unified voice against Ashley, suddenly you notice that it's not okay that Ashley gets your money anyway and suddenly he wins? That's a really rubbish excuse mind, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Guest firetotheworks

More than if there's been a well advertised boycott and everyone turns up? I very, very much doubt that.

I'd even go as far as saying that the idea that Ashley laughs and/or doesn't care what we do is just pure ignorance at this point. This is the man that would only let a boxer from Forest Hall use the club's logo if he stopped saying nasty words about him on Twitter and constantly loses his rag. The only time I've seen him laughing at us is in the stadium where fans have paid him a fortune to chant against him.

And then, more tellingly there's this -

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1058112196302041090

Now that you have a bit more information on it and that it's just one match, would you be more willing to boycott ujpest doza[/member] ?

More than if there's been a well advertised boycott and everyone turns up? I very, very much doubt that.

I'd even go as far as saying that the idea that Ashley laughs and/or doesn't care what we do is just pure ignorance at this point. This is the man that would only let a boxer from Forest Hall use the club's logo if he stopped saying nasty words about him on Twitter and constantly loses his rag. The only time I've seen him laughing at us is in the stadium where fans have paid him a fortune to chant against him.

Now that you have a bit more information on it and that it's just one match, would you be more willing to boycott ujpest doza[/member] ?

no

Guest firetotheworks

no

So you just wasted your time making up daft excuses to still go, for no reason whatsoever?

Guest firetotheworks

Just to confirm.

Going on holiday or to a wedding instead of going to the match and giving Ashley your money. :thup:

Standing alongside fellow fans in a planned protest against Ashley for one match instead of going to the match and giving Ashley your money. :thdn:

Just to confirm.

Going on holiday or to a wedding instead of going to the match and giving Ashley your money. :thup:

Standing alongside fellow fans in a planned protest against Ashley for one match instead of going to the match and giving Ashley your money. :thdn:

Sold my ticket when i was on holiday.

If i'm here and not at deaths door i'll be at the match.

He'll only sell if someone meets his asking price.

Guest firetotheworks

Just to confirm.

1. Sell this one to me and don't go then.

2. ...Or if you're off on holiday. Or there's a wedding. Or...a boycott?

3. I don't think that's in question.

Guest firetotheworks

You've got literally no excuse whatsoever like. None.

For what? I buy a season ticket because i want to go to the match. I can't see the point in buying a ticket and not going, totally pointless.

Because it's a planned boycott against Ashley man. :lol: You saw the point when you had a holiday or a wedding to go to.

Just to confirm.

1. Sell this one to me and don't go then.

2. ...Or if you're off on holiday.

3. I don't think that's in question.

No, i want to go to the match.

It's his club and he won't sell it unless someone gives him his price.