Newcastle United 2 - 1 Bournemouth - 10/11/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12

Mike

Any update on the Bournemouth player's injury?

I spoke to him before I came into the press conference, he injured his knee in an earlier tackle.

He felt slightly unstable and went to take a quick free-kick, and his knee has just given way.

It looks like a serious one, we won't know until it's scanned but it doesn't look good.

I don't think it's a cruciate but it would be foolish of me to give a clear view without a scan.

TjPWZSD.png

Guessing nobody gives a fuck about this today. :rolleyes:

Saw that stat earlier, certainly did not feel like they had more of the ball. They must have counted the 8 minutes or so when their player was down and they were passing a ball around.

I'm sure I read on here that possession is measured by how many passes are made by each team rather than time in possession of the ball, which seems a weird metric. So I wouldn't say it's massively indicative of actual possession of the ball, it just means we made less passes in our possession.

TjPWZSD.png

Saw that stat earlier, certainly did not feel like they had more of the ball. They must have counted the 8 minutes or so when their player was down and they were passing a ball around.

I'm sure I read on here that possession is measured by how many passes are made by each team rather than time in possession of the ball, which seems a weird metric. So I wouldn't say it's massively indicative of actual possession of the ball, it just means we made less passes in our possession.

Would love to see a game where both teams are so shit that neither can complete a pass throughout the game and have 0% possession each.

TjPWZSD.png

Yeah I read that too, but when I've checked it on Flashscores during a game it didn't seem to match up.

TjPWZSD.png

Would love to see a game where both teams are so shit that neither can complete a pass throughout the game and have 0% possession each.

I think we're quite capable of that on our day, we just need another team to match us :lol:

TjPWZSD.png

Yeah I read that too, but when I've checked it on Flashscores during a game it didn't seem to match up.

UgaIkZG.png

From Flashscores now, total passes 827, 322 is 39% of that.

Quite frankly, fuck stats, we played well, created a fair few chances and on another day could have scored a few more. Yeah they came onto us towards the end and looked threatening at times. But fuck it we won, and looked decent in the process

TjPWZSD.png

UgaIkZG.png

From Flashscores now, total passes 827, 322 is 39% of that.

Weird, maybe when it's live the data comes through at different rates.

Haha, so we're the best match of a shit bunch :lol:

Trying to think of an incident that one of our players must have done which they can bring back for restrospective action. It can be the only reason.

Desperately looking for angle that makes it look like Rondon headbutted Cook.

Quite frankly, fuck stats, we played well, created a fair few chances and on another day could have scored a few more. Yeah they came onto us towards the end and looked threatening at times. But fuck it we won, and looked decent in the process

Every game in the premiership near enough will swing one way to another, the most important aspect is capitalising on your ascendancy and defending well when the other team gets their purple patch. Even one sided games have a patch where the other team gets their chances. We scored when we needed to and we defended well when we were under the cosh, that's what wins you games.

Guest neesy111

Forgot about the Brooks penalty incident in the first 10 mins. Looked a pretty clear one

I still can’t work out who kicked the ball when.

Doesn't really matter when Fernandez took a chunk of Brooks with his swipe at the ball.

Totally resigned myself to the equaliser, buzzing when it didn't happen. :lol:

As soon as that first goal went in just before half time, all I could see was a lot of huff and puff followed by a meek equaliser and a probable last minute sucker punch. Dreaded the whole second half, still waiting for that equaliser to come :lol: