Miguel Almirón

Deuce

11 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Get me on the pitch and I'd be tenacious and work hard for 60k a week. But I'm not good enough to take Newcastle to the next level and neither is he

Spot on that mate, sadly on here a lot of people don't like to hear the truth but I'm glad some people are brave enough to say it.

We need fewer players like Almiron and more fans like you if this club is ever gonna go anywhere. That's the cold, hard, penetrative truth.

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

Spot on that mate, sadly on here a lot of people don't like to hear the truth but I'm glad some people are brave enough to say it.

We need fewer players like Almiron and more fans like you if this club is ever gonna go anywhere. That's the cold, hard, penetrative truth.

you might want to read two posts up where he's called all the fans losers - he seems like an argumentative tosser to me personally.

26 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Get me on the pitch and I'd be tenacious and work hard for 60k a week. But I'm not good enough to take Newcastle to the next level and neither is he

No one said he is good enough to take us to the next level, in fact I'd probably say 100% of the supporters agree that his position is the most important to upgrade on.

What you're missing is the fact that he has been a great servant to the club, he had a huge part in getting us to the Champions League and scored our first UCL goal in 20 years. If you don't look on that fondly, regardless of his ability in terms of where we want to go, then how can you call yourself a fan?

There are many other players past and present that don't deserve the money they're on, this is not the hill to die on.

31 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Bet you've never played a proper competitive 11 a side match in your 

On 01/07/2024 at 09:22, captainhaircut said:

Close shave but think there will be some big celebrations over how they’ve done. This was always going to be the toughest period to hit PSR for and we’ve done it without losing any of our star players.

We have some of the best talent in the world and we likely have a really good budget for this summer. Exciting times. 

life!

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

you might want to read two posts up where he's called all the fans losers - he seems like an argumentative tosser to me personally.

Natural side effect of being such a winner with a winner's mentality.

Must be hard for @liammc414 to have all these brilliant ideas and viewpoints and not have anyone else be smart enough to understand him. A lonely burden.

Bide your time for 3 years and come out all guns blazing for Miggy :(

FWIW he's absolutely right that we shouldn't be sentimental in moving these players on, and I'm sure we won't be. But that doesn't mean we need to forget their good points. 

Weird vitriol for Mig. Does what he can with what he has and has never given this club less than his all. Unclear if we even get Champions League without his purple patch run either

8 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

I live in Glasgow, I'm surrounded by fans of teams who'd have demanded a middling bum like Miggy gets jettisoned into the sun as soon as they realise he's  a dud.

I don't buy this "great servant to the club" nonsense either.

What it actually means is he does his job to the best of his limited ability and gets paid too which puts inferior teams off buying him. Which teams higher up in the food chain than Newcastle have ever tried to buy him?

Spare me this Disney nonsense. He's pish, end of story, get him to fuck.

Who's this NED 😂😂😂

Miggy would waltz into both Glasgow's "top teams" AND piss that league

5 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

I live in Glasgow, I'm surrounded by fans of teams who'd have demanded a middling bum like Miggy gets jettisoned into the sun as soon as they realise he's  a dud.

What it actually means is he does his job to the best of his limited ability and gets paid too which puts inferior teams off buying him. Which teams higher up in the food chain than Newcastle have ever tried to buy him?

God, can't imagine how badly out of his depth Almiron would be in the SPL. They'd fry him like he was a fucking Mars bar if he ever tried his hand up there.

15 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

James Tavernier

John Lundstram

Conor Goldson

Lolz

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bide your time for 3 years and come out all guns blazing for Miggy :(

FWIW he's absolutely right that we shouldn't be sentimental in moving these players on, and I'm sure we won't be. But that doesn't mean we need to forget their good points. 

Or be absolute arseholes to them. Especially those signed during the dark years. 

29 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

If you mean Celtic and Rangers aren't their teams absolutely stacked with "middling bums" if not worse ?

48 minutes ago, Shak said:

Natural side effect of being such a winner with a winner's mentality.

Must be hard for @liammc414 to have all these brilliant ideas and viewpoints and not have anyone else be smart enough to understand him. A lonely burden.

I had an old boss who claimed he knew the answers to everything - do you think we thought  he was a winner or a loser?

2 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Let's not get into the weeds about this. The fact of the matter is he is pish, he had a purple patch, great, so what, that was then this is now. Just cause he smiles and runs around a lot doesn't mean he's good enough to play for a tram that has top 4 ambitions 

He's a bum, get him to fuck, I hate him

Shite take. Awful craic. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Let's not get into the weeds about this. The fact of the matter is he is pish, he had a purple patch, great, so what, that was then this is now. Just cause he smiles and runs around a lot doesn't mean he's good enough to play for a tram that has top 4 ambitions 

He's a bum, get him to fuck, I hate him

What a life you must have to hate someone because you dont think they are great at football. Jeez you must have hated 99% of the players we've ever had.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I had an old boss who claimed he knew the answers to everything - do you think we thought  he was a winner or a loser?

I think you lot were probably too big a pack of losers to appreciate how much of a winner he was.

33 minutes ago, jack j said:

James Tavernier

John Lundstram

Conor Goldson

Lolz

Kept an eye on Tavernier when he left the toon. 

Carved a very niche, and respectable, career out for himself up there. 

9 years, 90 goals. Fair play

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Did well in a poor league fair play

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Few rangers fans I know aren't fans like. Good on pens and free kicks but shite defensively

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jack j said:

Few rangers fans I know aren't fans like. Good on pens and free kicks but shite defensively

Football fans aren't a reliable source tho 😂

Just got to read on here and it's apparent you could voxpop any opinion you wanted 😉

Maybees by "carved a niche" I meant shit but good at pennas 😜😂😂

I think he's done alright for himself regardless. Esp considering after he left us he went to Gateshead then a few journayman outfits. 

Edited by Groundhog63
fans