Miguel Almirón

Deuce

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Doesn’t matter at all if Atlanta has a sell-on clause or a % of the sale.  The fee is what counts for FFP.  I doubt the owners are arsed about paying Atlanta

Did not realise that. That could be open to abuse.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Doesn’t matter at all if Atlanta has a sell-on clause or a % of the sale.  The fee is what counts for FFP.  I doubt the owners are arsed about paying Atlanta

sorry I don’t think that’s quite true.

lets say for simplicity the fee is 100 but 25% goes to Atlanta. We’d only be able to show 75 as our income from the sale and Atlanta will take the other 25

we May take the full 100 in cash but we’d have to sent the 25 straight out

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

sorry I don’t think that’s quite true.

lets say for simplicity the fee is 100 but 25% goes to Atlanta. We’d only be able to show 75 as our income from the sale and Atlanta will take the other 25

we May take the full 100 in cash but we’d have to sent the 25 straight out

I can see I wasn’t clear, apologies - it doesn’t matter what we pay Atlanta; whatever fee we retain is 100% profit for FFP.   

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, Almiron’s fee has been fully amortised.  It’s as if he’s an academy product. 

If we have to pay, say £4m to Atlanta because they're owed it as part of a clause, does that not go down the same as a £4m signing for instance?

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, Almiron’s fee has been fully amortised.  It’s as if he’s an academy product. 

From an accounting perspective the fee we have to pay to Atlanta would have to come as a cost/reduced income this year i would think.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

As someone else has said, any sell on clause will be on the profit we make on him which isn’t going to be much.

Ahh, so it only comes into effect if we sell him for more than what we bought him for?

Just now, Displayname said:

Ahh, so it only comes into effect if we sell him for more than what we bought him for?

That is how sell on clauses usually work, the Athletic article they take it from say it will be on any profits.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we have to pay, say £4m to Atlanta because they're owed it as part of a clause, does that not go down the same as a £4m signing for instance?

It would be zero sum, as there would be £4m incoming then £4m outgoing, so it would be cost neutral for any sell-on clause.  Almiron’s original fee is amortised fully, so anything we’re not paying Atlanta goes straight into the income column.  Selling Almiron would likely help fund a big signing in this window - if they want to do that. 

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anything interesting ?

Nothing spectacularly. Saudi been over talking to a number of clubs, discussed players with NUFC, interest from number of clubs in Miggy, nothing agreed but someone (BEIN Jacobs) jumped ahead. Player unaware.

So nothing really more than us as a fan base have stitched together.

So peg leg is staying?

He has been great for the last season and a half but I would expect him to be moved on in the summer if we are looking to improve as a team.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Thats incorrect, he signed a new contract after 4 years of his 5 1/2 year deal so the remaining amortisation is then spread over the new contract, Miggys book value is about around £4.1m.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Thats incorrect, he signed a new contract after 4 years of his 5 1/2 year deal so the remaining amortisation is then spread over the new contract, Miggys book value is about around £4.1m.

Great, let's give everyone new 10 year contracts as soon as they sign and spread out that FFP!

Yeah, that isn't right.

11 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Great, let's give everyone new 10 year contracts as soon as they sign and spread out that FFP!

Yeah, that isn't right.

Yeah It is exactly right, that’s how it’s worked for over a decade , feel free to check up yourself 

in-fact here you go I will do the work for you 

IMG_1415.png

Edited by nufcnick

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Yeah It is exactly right, that’s how it’s worked for over a decade , feel free to check up yourself 

in-fact here you go I will do the work for you 

IMG_1415.png

Before or after the "Chelsea" loophole was  closed, and they restricted contract length to 5 years for FFP?

Edit - that's a genuine Q by the way as I'd be surprised if that wasn't dealt with at the same time...

Edited by Hhtoon

25 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Before or after the "Chelsea" loophole was  closed, and they restricted contract length to 5 years for FFP?

Edit - that's a genuine Q by the way as I'd be surprised if that wasn't dealt with at the same time...

Before and After, it’s never changed, it’s restricted to 5 years but there is nothing stopping a club renewing a contact every year.

Edited by nufcnick