Miguel Almirón

Deuce

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

He easily could you know. I was as sceptical as anyone when he kept hitting the net in pre-seasons last time round, but he got double figures in the competitions following on from that.

I just think he needed a good coach who would encourage him to get into goalscoring positions more often. Other managers have took advantage of his willingness to defend, and basically neutralised his attacking instincts.

Not just getting into goalscoring positions but playing in a team who can get the ball to him there.

Here's Miggy's shot map for the Premier League goals he's scored. Only one of the five to the left of the penalty spot was Howe era.

miggygoals.thumb.jpg.9323c350ca7f8b0b82635aaef0bb1c72.jpg

So him scoring from where he did yesterday struck me as something new and probably coached into him. I thought it was a very intelligent run and a harder finish than he made it look. Forza Miggy!

2 hours ago, McDog said:

Has he ever been tried at LW? Seems super obvious given no left foot. Love the guy either way.

Hes got no right foot. He played there under Rafa and impressed with his energy and press. Playing him on the left takes away his biggest weapon, which is to cut in and shoot. 

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

Here's Miggy's shot map for the Premier League goals he's scored. Only one of the five to the left of the penalty spot was Howe era.

So him scoring from where he did yesterday struck me as something new and probably coached into him. I thought it was a very intelligent run and a harder finish than he made it look. Forza Miggy!

Which site is this, stottie?

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

Think that’s more going to come from Isak driving at the defence from the middle of the pitch opening up space for him. 

8 hours ago, aussiemag said:

Hes got no right foot. He played there under Rafa and impressed with his energy and press. Playing him on the left takes away his biggest weapon, which is to cut in and shoot. 

Yea, that's what I meant. No right. He is fun to watch, seems more natural he play on the left.

On 05/08/2023 at 20:08, Superior Acuña said:

I've never really been one that fusses over kids but Miggy's lass's posts with little Miggy when he scores and she gets him to chant and that get me right in the heart.

little Miggy being a mini of his Dad gets me every time 

Miggy was very good today I thought and deserves a mention. His passing and involvement in a lot of our build up was really good.

Such a shame he couldn't finish that move he started with a final ball across to Isak.

But, really good showing.

Great performance today. Like I said before, I'd have him as my starting right sided attacker for the next two, three, maybe four seasons. 

Worst thing to happen is if people get on his back because he doesn't score or assist. That's one part of his game, there's much more. He's a constant menace

Edited by Astroblack

16 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Great performance today. Like I said before, I'd have him as my starting left attacker for the next two, three, maybe four seasons. 

Worst thing to happen is if people get on his back because he doesn't score or assist. That's one part of his game, there's much more. He's a constant menace

Sub at the least. He sets the tone for much of our press. I'd like us to have another top-quality RW to challenge/rotate, ala Barnes & Gordon.