Miguel Almirón

Deuce

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This is just a rumour. But if this is true - the situation has been handled poorly by the club. 

IMO the Saudi interest is carefully orchestrated (it’s not a PIF club). But it looks like nobody bothered to put the feelers out to Miggy to understand if he would be willing to play ball 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

This is just a rumour. But if this is true - the situation has been handled poorly by the club. 

IMO the Saudi interest is carefully orchestrated (it’s not a PIF club). But it looks like nobody bothered to put the feelers out to Miggy to understand if he would be willing to play ball 

I see what you did there!

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

How hard could it be to persuade a player to go to Saudi? Probably just his agent trying to squeeze a few extra riyal to play ball. IF the deal doesn't go through, then we can say it's been handled badly, but really I think we've made it pretty clear it's time for him to move on.

Further, what has a few years of good success at NUFC done to this forum? The charm of this club since the takeover is the unity on and off the pitch. It’s caring about the players who give it all every week. Now we have our own fans pushing people out the door who don’t want Ieave as far as we know? The proper way to handle this is to work with Miggy to find a proper solution. He’s not some 35 year old on a last pay check, he’s been one of our only fit wingers and he’s still relatively young with a young child and a wife. Ffs man.  

I’d be first to say we need to upgrade the right wing spot but I don’t like the idea that we’re pushing guys out the door to places THEY seemingly don’t want to be going to. 

Edited by Kanji

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I just can’t see us letting him go without a replacement, and I don’t think we have time to get one.

Agree on the first point but on the second - we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. We could have a replacement lined up and ready to go if/when a deal for Almiron is done.

The Isak deal springs to mind - nothing for weeks then suddenly he's on a plane here.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Agree on the first point but on the second - we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. We could have a replacement lined up and ready to go if/when a deal for Almiron is done.

The Isak deal springs to mind - nothing for weeks then suddenly he's on a plane here.

I’m basing it on us seemingly having no money to spend and the focus being on a midfielder. I just can’t see us getting a CM and a Miggy replacement in. 

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is there any indication we’re pushing him out? 

see the Roberto Rojas tweet above, and the athletic yesterday. Allegedly been talks behind his back and then when he found out he’s been a bit upset by it. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is there any indication we’re pushing him out? 

If we want to be seen as ambitious and not soft touches, then I would like to think so.

Of course he has his contract and if he really doesn't want to go, then he can just say no, but that doesn't mean we won't be upgrading him.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Would he really have a medical for another club at the RVI? It's not the last day of the transfer window

Doubt it matters if it's over there or here. Especially with the game tomorrow.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

How hard could it be to persuade a player to go to Saudi? Probably just his agent trying to squeeze a few extra riyal to play ball. IF the deal doesn't go through, then we can say it's been handled badly, but really I think we've made it pretty clear it's time for him to move on.

doesn't mean he has to live in the middle of a friggin desert if he doesn't want to.

28 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I presume it's nothing transfer related as there's been no further updates 

It's a video from ages ago apparently

Some weirdos about like for

A. Filming a man going into a hospital

B. Having it stored somewhere to bring up to stir shite

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You reckon we have money for CM and RW? CM seems to be the priority.

That’s not what i said. We have more than enough time to get a replacement if anyone leave.