Milner    Taylor  Ramage  Baba

Dyer      Butt    Parker      Emre

Martins  Sibiersky

------------------------------ Given ---------------------------------

Huntington -------- Taylor ------------- Ramage ------------ Babayaro

Milner -------------- Butt -------------- Dyer ------------------- Duff

------------------ Martins ------------- Sibierski ---------------------

Subs: Srnicek, Edgar, Emre, Parker, Rossi

The defense stays as it is. It picks itself really - the only other defenders that we have available are youth players. Stick Edgar on the bench; going from only what i've heard - he appears to be the best defender in the youth/reserve side.

Nice to have some 'nice' problems in the midfield again. I'd rest Emre - he won't be fit enough to start and i'd rather we saved him for the Carling Cup game on Wednesday - where he will be vital to us winning the match. Same goes for Parker really, although it's debatable whether he should be starting anyway. I think Duff will come back stronger, like Martins did. I used the excuse that he was a good player in a bad team, and that was why he wasn't performing. Now that we're better, he probably will be.

I don't fancy the Dyer-Martins partnership, it's very pacy and can be effective - but it means that Martins is the one in the box, and Dyer is the one creating. I prefer Martins as the creator. His best partner is Sibierski - which means Dyer should be in the midfield, where i think he is more effective anyway.

I think Roeder will probably go with Martins-Dyer though and start Parker alongside Butt.

We'll win this one fairly comfortably i imagine. Now that we are scoring goals, we shouldn't have too much of a problem defeating them.

Newcastle United 3-1 Watford

Martins, Dyer (2)

i would stick rossi on the left, were at home to watford, we need to really go for it. He could play as a hird striker and a winger, if emre plays next to him then its all good

Switch Milner for Rossi (so that Rossi would be on the right-wing, like he was against Chelsea), then yeah - i wouldn't be disappointed to see that.

i would stick rossi on the left, were at home to watford, we need to really go for it. He could play as a hird striker and a winger, if emre plays next to him then its all good

Switch Milner for Rossi (so that Rossi would be on the right-wing, like he was against Chelsea), then yeah - i wouldn't be disappointed to see that.

i thought rossi started on he left against chelsea

TEAMS

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Paul Huntington, Celestine Babayaro, Nicky Butt, Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, James Milner, Kieron Dyer, Emre, Obafemi Martins, Antoine Sibierski.

Subs: Pavel Srnicek, Damien Duff, Giuseppe Rossi, Scott Parker, Matty Pattison.

Watford: Richard Lee, James Chambers, Jordan Stewart, Jay DeMerit, Gavin Mahon, Darius Henderson, Ashley Young, Dan Shittu, Hameur Bouazza, Alhassan Bangura, Tommy Smith.

Subs: Alec Chamberlain, Damien Francis, Chris Powell, Anthony McNamee, Adrian Mariappa.

Referee: Martin Atkinson

i thought rossi started on he left against chelsea

Did he?

Sorry... only saw short highlights - i thought he started on the right. You're probably correct. If so - then again, i would be relatively pleased if we started with the idea you suggested. Think i'd rather we save Emre, though.

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Paul Huntington, Celestine Babayaro, Nicky Butt, Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, James Milner, Kieron Dyer, Emre, Obafemi Martins, Antoine Sibierski.

I'm happy enough with that!

Given

Huntington --- Taylor --- Ramage --- Babayaro

Dyer --- Butt --- Emre --- Milner

Martins --- Sibierski

Still not sure whether or not Emre should be starting - but great to see him in the team! COME ON LADS!!! We can do these.

Guest Darth Toon

Parker left on the bench and Emre/Duff to start - very interesting!

Presume Milner & Dyer will take turns down the flanks, or will Dyer play more on the left?

Given

Huntington --- Taylor --- Ramage --- Babayaro

Dyer --- Butt --- Emre --- Milner

Martins --- Sibierski

Still not sure whether or not Emre should be starting - but great to see him in the team! COME ON LADS!!! We can do these.

good bench aswell

good bench aswell

I know - that's nice to see. Couple of decent impact players there.

They'll be very handy in the 87th minute.