formation for watford

Newcastle Fan

Bloody hell! Finally got Lawro giving us a positive prediction:

Newcastle v Watford

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has had an excellent run in the last 10 games or so with virtually a full team out injured.

With Watford, both away from home and at home, I just cannot see where their goals are going to come from.

Until they get a replacement for Marlon King in January I cannot see that changing.

Prediction: 2-0

Guest nufc1984

Given

Hunty Tayls Ramage Baba

Milner Dyer Butt Rossi

Sib

Martins

Attacking midfield and strikeforce, we can still score goals with that team, im still upbeat, the injuries aren't bothering me tbh, we are playing better with a weakened team.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given

Hunty Tayls Ramage Baba

Milner Dyer Butt Rossi

Sib

Martins

Attacking midfield and strikeforce, we can still score goals with that team, im still upbeat, the injuries aren't bothering me tbh, we are playing better with a weakened team.

A few injuries wouldnt bother me too, but this is just insane. But one thing to be upbeat about is that we can manage to play the team you listed with so many injuries. That shows some depth!

roeder said today that parker and dyer both will play..

so that will leave us with this

Given

Huntington    Ramage    Taylor    Babayaro

Milner       Butt            Parker            Rossi

Dyer

Martins

Guest Darth Toon

Duff is back :thup:

--------------------Given

Hunty-------Tayl---------Ram------Baba

Miln---------Park---------Butt-------Duff

-------------Martins-----Dyer

Looks good to me - Watford play a very compact 4-5-1, so Dyer can drop in to match them for numbers in midfield, and then break forward quickly to support Martins.

Width will be crucial, so Milner and Duff will have important roles to play.

Chronicle says:

""But Damien Duff has made an amazing recovery despite just having a cartilage operation after our game at Arsenal near the end of last month, and he will possibly have some involvement tomorrow."

Which to me indicates he won't start.

"One sticking point on the injury front is the fitness of Stephen Carr, who is not making any progress at all with his ankle injury."

Toe, ankle, who cares.

"Emre has a good chance of being back tomorrow after his ankle injury at Blackburn Rovers last Saturday, but Nobby Solano only has a 50-50 chance of playing.

Emre on the left?

"However, Scott Parker has a better chance than this and Kieron Dyer will be fit again, while we will assess Antoine Sibierski before to-morrow's kick-off."

Dyer up front you'd assume, Parker in the middle with Butt.

Oh and Roeder is checking on Sibi's fitness, but I don't think he'll be involved tomorrow.

.com says that hopes are high for Dyer, Emre, Parker, Duff and Nobby. Sib and Zoggy out though

IF (could be a big IF) they all actually do make it. Its going to be tough finding room in the starting XI for Parker, Emre and Butt. Depends on who's the fittest i suppose, but f they all are i'd go:

Given

Nobby Taylor Ramage Baba

Milner Parker Emre Duff

Martins Dyer

Subs

Pav

Hunty - impressive debut, but Nobby's been fantastic at RB.

Butt (doesn't deserve to be benched i know)

o'brien - think he needs another shot

Rossi/Pattison/Luque

Good team imo!! Very pacey, full of creativity and energy. Not enough height though (Hunty would provide that but i'd still start with the above). Predicted MOM - Emre (if he plays).

I would not risk the 50/50 players unless we have to, so put em on the bench and sue the youngsters.

Dyer should play thpugh, he just needed that gash to heal but as for Nobby,Emre or Sib if those three pass fitness tests I would still not risk them. Wed night will be a tough game, we need to stay int he cup, lets hope Jose don't give a flying fk about it.

From the BBC preview:

Newcastle (from): Given, Srnicek, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Watford (from): Lee, Chamberlain, Chambers, Shittu, DeMerit, Stewart, Powell, Mackay, Doyley, Mariappa, Smith, Francis, Bangura, Bouazza, Mahon, Spring, McNamee, Young, Henderson, Priskin, Jarrett.

No Solano, but Sibi, Emre, Duff, Dyer and Parker are in there

Given

Huntington  Taylor  Ramage  Babayaro

Milner  Butt  Pattison  Duff

Martins  Dyer

Subs:

Harper, Parker, Sibierski, Emre, Luque

I think Parker will be fit. If not, I reckon Dyer should play in CM and have Rossi or Luque as the other striker

Given

Huntington Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Milner Butt Pattison Duff

Martins Dyer

Subs:

Harper, Parker, Sibierski, Emre, Luque

I think Parker will be fit. If not, I reckon Dyer should play in CM and have Rossi or Luque as the other striker

Agreed. Drop Pattison.

GR's Official Fitness Update

GLENN Roeder was happy to see Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre, Antoine Sibierski and Damien Duff back out on the training pitch on Friday ahead of the visit of Watford to St. James' Park this weekend.

But there was also some bad news for the Newcastle United boss as he confirmed Charles N'Zogbia is unlikely to play again until after Christmas after suffering a knee injury at Chelsea in midweek.

Skipper Parker (back), Dyer (gashed leg), Emre (ankle), Sibierksi (achilles) and Duff (knee) have all been among the lengthy list of casualties at various stages for the Magpies in recent weeks, but the sight of those players being put through their paces by the coaching staff on Friday morning was a welcome one for the manager.

The gaffer refused to give away too many secrets ahead of hosting the Hornets at Gallowgate, but did say: "They all trained on Friday and they are all in the squad, which is good news.

"We have got a lot of strength in those areas of the squad, but defensively it's very hard for us just now. We have Titus (Bramble) and Craig (Moore) maybe out for another month or so, plus Stephen Carr and Nobby Solano, who has done very well at right-back for us, still missing.

"But the very fact the other five were out there training means they are fit. Some are fitter than others in terms of match fitness, some will be starters, some may be non-starters but will make the bench because they have had a few days' training."

Giving an update on N'Zogbia, Glenn added: "Charles has some ligament damage but it will be the middle of next week when we know more in terms of his recovery time.

"But I am looking at him being out for a few weeks, ruling him out this side of Christmas. It's a real blow for us and the boy.

"The good news as far as Charles is concerned is that he won't need an operation. It's just a case of rehab with the physio and then building him back up to full fitness."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~943461,00.html

As would I. It's been refreshing to see him get back to form a little bit each game and to leave him out would be a horrendous decision.

If he puts Parker back in, I will instantly dislike Roeder again. And my respect for him will be lost.

He'll probably end up putting Parker and Butt in.  :roll:

Have people here forgoten how absolutely shit Duff has been for us?  I can't remember him providing anything at all for the team or ever looking like he's going to beat a player (appart from a Uefa cup game against almost amatuer opposition).  Rossi and Luque have provided more from the left wing then he has.  In fact from the way we've played since he's been out he seems to have made our team worse when he was fit..  I'm not righting him off long term, but is his return really something to be optimistic about at the moment?..

He is still better than Luque on the left wing, and we are short of options.

I don't want to turn this into another Luque argument (I know your not trying to, just thought I'd give a disclaimer :)).  But if Duff is better on both players current form then why has he provided even less then Luque?  Duff has scored once and gotten, no assists that I can remember?  Even Luque, who has had a disaster, has done more then that in about a quarter of the amount of time on the pitch.  IMO both him and Rossi have looked better on the left wing then Duff looked for us before his injury.  I mean Duff looks more lively, but seems to have even less actual impact on the game then Luque at the moment.  At least he provides some top quality crosses now and again.  As I said I'm still confident that Duff can be excellent long term, but at the moment I honestly cannot get even remotely interested in his return.

Oh I am not saying there is a massive difference between the two going forward, but Duff gives us a hell of a lot more when we don't have the ball.

Yeah he does do more defensively, though I honestly think he does even less offensively at the moment.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be involved mind, I just find myself very un-moved by his return :)