Inter-Toto

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Guest shearer_united

will michael owen.. ameobi .. (shearer ?).. and the whole NUFC squad be there to get the medals and lift the trophy ?

you know.. i would have liked to EMRE to lift the trophy...

anyway, Parker is going to lift the trophy

will michael owen.. ameobi .. (shearer ?).. and the whole NUFC squad be there to get the medals and lift the trophy ?

you know.. i would have liked to EMRE to lift the trophy...

anyway, Parker is going to lift the trophy

Let's hope whoever picks up the trophy can avoid an injury.

A trophy's a trophy, so I'm very pleased and proud. It just goes to show, Shearer's been holding us back! :p Nah, I kid. Hopefully he'll be there to get some acknowledgement.

its ironic to think we possibly wont squease into europe next year.....assuming takeovers and change of managers dont happen in next month!

i doubt we can convince uefa to let us do a liverpool!  worth a go tho!!

"although they did lift the Texaco Cup in 1975. "  erm what was that?  ive never heard of it.

Coz thems the rules. Its not our fault we won it. If 75 was the Anglo American or Texaco Cup then it is 30 odd years since we won a trophy i.e. 2006-1975 = 30 years + 1 year and one is still an odd number. Might not be the greatest trophy but its a trophy.

UEFA have finally recognised/confirmed it;

Newcastle awarded Intertoto Cup

Newcastle United FC will be awarded the UEFA Intertoto Cup outright after getting further in the UEFA Cup than any of their ten fellow winners of the summer competition.

Group stage success

In a new format this year, eleven teams rather than three came through the Intertoto event, entering the UEFA Cup in the second qualifying round, a stage earlier than before. Of those Newcastle, Grasshopper-Club, OB Odense and AJ Auxerre reached the group stage, and only the English club earned a place in last Friday's Round of 32 draw, where they were given a tie against SV Zulte Waregem.

Presentation

There will now be a presentation of the trophy, which has not previously been awarded outright since becoming a UEFA competition in 1995, before the second leg of that match on 22 February at St. James' Park. Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder, whose team defeated Lillestrøm SK 4-1 on aggregate to earn their UEFA Cup berth, said: "This is a little bit of a reward for the boys who had to come back on 26 June to play in the competition." The club's last European trophy was the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, and they now hope to become the first Intertoto qualifiers to lift the UEFA Cup, with the previous best run being FC Girondins de Bordeaux reaching the 1995/96 final.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/intertotocup/news/kind=1/newsid=491963.html?cid=rssfeed&att=competitions/intertotocup/index

Didn't we ever win the Anglo-Italian Cup?

Yes we did, but it hadn't been 30 odd years since our last trophy win so it wasn't such a piss take as it is today, I think we won it in '73 or '74'ish.

I thought you said you were a long time supporter who went to the FA Cup Final in 1974 ? Or was that the only game you went to  :lol:

Interesting you have disappeared lately. Most fans come out of the woodwork when the team is winning  :lol: but it seems nowadays you come out of the woodwork when the team is losing .... what is your [and your sister's] motivation I wonder  :lol:

Presentation

There will now be a presentation of the trophy, which has not previously been awarded outright since becoming a UEFA competition in 1995,

The club's last European trophy was the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, and they now hope to become the first Intertoto qualifiers to lift the UEFA Cup, with the previous best run being FC Girondins de Bordeaux reaching the 1995/96 final.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/intertotocup/news/kind=1/newsid=491963.html?cid=rssfeed&att=competitions/intertotocup/index

so no-one has ever won it before?  :lol: :thup: