Newcastle 2 - 1 Watford - Post match thread

Dave

Boothroyd on SSN after the break.

Just been on BBC.

I think he just has one post-match interview which is just played every single week.

"We're disappointed but these group of lads will fight back. That's what we do."

Is it now?

Taylor was also on. He talks like a captain.

Here's my views:

Given 7 Did what he had to, was blocked for the goal.

Huntington 6 Solid home debut, wasn't beaten very often.

Taylor (MOM) 9 Awesome performance again, undroppable. McClaren in the stands.

Ramage 7 Taylors sidekick showed good communication and looked pretty comfortable.

Babayaro 5 Another shocker from him, at fault for their goal.

Milner 6 Would have gave him a 5 if it wasn't for his assist. Disapointing.

Butt 7 Putt in a good shift.

Dyer 6 Pretty anonamous, apart from a first half shot.

Emre 7 Probbed but to little effect, took off injured.

Martins 8 Two chances, two goals. Very efficient performance from our most threatening player by far.

Sibierski 7 Look a little tired but worked hard all the same.

Duff 7 Cameo assist

Parker 7 Couple of good tackles

Verdict: We were lucky to get anything out of this game but got 3 points after a midweek loss. Injured players are back but we need to produce better if we want to even think about beating spurs next weekend, let alone Chelsea midweek. Taylor was awesome.

Crap formation from Roeder almost cost us two points today. Neither Emre nor Dyer knew where they were supposed to play.

Taylor and Butt were great. Milner had a great cross, but gave away the ball like 95% of the time he had it. Ramage should try something else than passing back to Given.

Martins was crap except for two great goals, so a good game overall by him. Sibbers had his worst game for us so far.

Guest Deep456

What's it called um Watford aren't one of the worst teams in premiership history I wouldn't be suprised if they beat Arsenal they are like Bolton but like a reserve team version.

Taylor was brilliant again today, and Huntington performed well also.  Crossing was still pretty poor, Roeder really needs to get some work done on crossing this week.  Obafemi should get at least 15 goals this season in the league, which would be a great start.  But this game still outlines our need for fullbacks.  Get some in in January!!

Boothroyd on SSN after the break.

Just been on BBC.

I think he just has one post-match interview which is just played every single week.

"We're disappointed but these group of lads will fight back. That's what we do."

Is it now?

Taylor was also on. He talks like a captain.

Same on SSN, no complaints other than his own team's finishing.

This board is obsessed with jerking knees tbh

Yeah - I was thinking that too.  :confused:

Still probably a knee jerk reaction to ask why.... bluebiggrin.gif

Taylor was fantastic  :thup: :thup:

Mind Watford are a very very poor team, its all route one stuff, feel sorry for their season ticket holders paying for that shite.

Was a crap game today very scrappy poor noise too, but well done Oba, he is starting to come good.  :thup:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72836945.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6ADD28AAB1C277D91591E7EC1A351FC8B

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72836926.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A63EC7FD20EA9F51BF4EF3EA9A178B7582

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72836914.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A63FDE178844A5E665F06BF04B24B4128C

Guest makemeacupoftea

Match photos: Link

Oba's a f***ing salmon tbh:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72836920.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A63EC7FD20EA9F51BFA55A1E4F32AD3138

haha that craked me up dave, but whats there to be honest about?