Roeder has 10 Million in Jan

SUPERTOON

FULL BACKS MUST MUST MUST BE A PRIORITY!¬ Honestly dont think we have a chance ov signing bridge or baines. Wigan dont need to sell and chelsea only have bridge as cover, unless they get another left back they wont sell. Right back will be their priority

With this.

We need to look elsewhere for the leftbacks, although both Baines & Bridge would be my 1st choice but there is little to no chance either will move now.

I think we should look in the German leagues, they seem to produce a good standard of fullbacks.

Will be looking at around £6mill to take Bridge on!

I think any money like that should be spent on a forward or an attacking midfield player and it would be madness to spend such an amount on a defender.

You are actually Shepherd aren't you!  blueeek.gif

I think any money like that should be spent on a forward or an attacking midfield player and it would be madness to spend such an amount on a defender.

It will be interesting to see how many other shit boards back their managers with 10m to go with 15m last summer as well.

Where's the money coming from though?

Another shit manager being backed by the Board.

Well done, Fred.

:thup:

bluelaugh.gif

The worst injury list in years.

Taking over when morale had to be in the depths after a period with the worst manager in living memory.

3 points behind the fantastic Martin O'Neill.

Roeder wouldn't have been my choice and I still have reservations in the long term. But he's doing ok and hasn't been shown to be shit at all.

Guest thompers

It will be interesting to see how many other shit boards back their managers with 10m to go with 15m last summer as well.

So you ARE Freddy then :lol: That's the mentality that has left us with Carr and Babayaro as first teamers. Why is it silly to spend that kind of money on a defender?

Guest mrchoonz

Bridge has just signed a new contract and doesnt want to leave Chelsea, so you can forget about him

Baines would like to play in Europe and play infront for 50,000 every home game I'd guess. Wigan only had 16,000 at their game yesterday :winking:

Also we could offer Baines more money than Wigan, the same cant be said of Bridge and Chelsea

Bridge has just signed a new contract and doesnt want to leave Chelsea, so you can forget about him

Baines would like to play in Europe and play infront for 50,000 every home game I'd guess. Wigan only had 16,000 at their game yesterday :winking:

Also we could offer Baines more money than Wigan, the same cant be said of Bridge and Chelsea

If we could get Baines for £4-5m then yes, its probably worth it. Unfortunately they'll want about £7-8m and he's simply not worth that kind of cash, when we need bodies just as much as we need quality.

So you ARE Freddy then :lol: That's the mentality that has left us with Carr and Babayaro as first teamers. Why is it silly to spend that kind of money on a defender?

because we need forwards more, or quality forwards more. And quality forwards cost more than quality defenders. Simple. Or should I say, simpleton.

Anyway I thought you were against spending big money on "trophy" players ? Is this another of your "yeh but no but" statement similar to those you made about interfering with managers ?

because we need forwards more, or quality forwards more. And quality forwards cost more than quality defenders. Simple. Or should I say, simpleton.

Anyway I thought you were against spending big money on "trophy" players ? Is this another of your "yeh but no but" statement similar to those you made about interfering with managers ?

We don't need to splash out big on a striker yet IMO, we could get someone in who will do an adequate job till the summer fairly cheap then we have Owen back (and Shola but lets not get into that). Fact is we don't have adequate full backs and they should be priority!

Where's the money coming from though?

Pass. I don't know mate. Would a good board keep the money and try to stabalise, or would a good board attempt to push up the league and qualify again for europe ? This question was asked in a thread recently and not too many people replied, including the 2 people who are attracted to this sort of thing like flies to dogshit that have disappeared lately now the team has won a few games. Strange that most people come out of the woodwork when the team is winning, so I wonder what their motivation is ?

I know what I would do, but I expect they will wait and see what happens then criticise whichever way suits them best.

We don't need to splash out big on a striker yet IMO, we could get someone in who will do an adequate job till the summer fairly cheap then we have Owen back (and Shola but lets not get into that). Fact is we don't have adequate full backs and they should be priority!

Funnily enough, its that simple.

I'm not so sure. I think another quality forward is a must. And a quality attacking midfield player is too. I just think we should spend on these players first, and patch up at the back, we have shown lately it can be done. I'm not so sure Martins and Owen would play in the same team either, making a partner for one of them - whoever stays - the absolute priority. Plus cover.

There are solid full backs around who we could get for small fees if the manager wants them etc etc Lucas neill for one, and keep the big money for the forward. Although I do agree that left back is a problem, but it depends on availability too, I would not spend big in this area, I would hold the cash for the forward players thats all.

I'd be happy if we came out of this transfer window with two new fullbacks and nothing else, so long as we don't sell anyone.

yes I don't think we can afford to let anyone go, apart from Luque

not that many strikers are gona want to come to us because after the summer their pretty much certain to not get a game regularly

interesting listening to fergusen on the tele before, he is calling all his loan players back in jan, wants as big a squad as possible to take chelsea on

Well if you gave me a choice between a good full back for 5 or 6m quid or a good forward for 5 or 6m quid I would take the forward and I find it amazing that anyone would spend that amount of money on a defender first.

Guest thompers

Well if you gave me a choice between a good full back for 5 or 6m quid or a good forward for 5 or 6m quid I would take the forward and I find it amazing that anyone would spend that amount of money on a defender first.

Man Utd spent £28m on one freddy. They win cups. We don't. See a link?

If we can get quality full backs for small fee's then I would have no problem spending big on another striker. Just cant see it happening and us ending up with another pair like Carr and Baba.

Sidwell would be worth a look for the attacking midfield role though, wouldn't cost much either with 6 months left on his contract!

If we can get quality full backs for small fee's then I would have no problem spending big on another striker. Just cant see it happening and us ending up with another pair like Carr and Baba.

That's why we're where we are now though in that department, the fact we've only spent £3-4m on the full-backs. I'd happily see the £10m being spent on quality in that area.

I'd be happy if we came out of this transfer window with two new fullbacks and nothing else, so long as we don't sell anyone.

yes I don't think we can afford to let anyone go, apart from Luque

There are solid full backs around who we could get for small fees if the manager wants them etc etc Lucas neill for one, and keep the big money for the forward. Although I do agree that left back is a problem, but it depends on availability too, I would not spend big in this area, I would hold the cash for the forward players thats all.

That would do me, I'd prefer them to be young up-and-coming players rather than journeymen, but I don't think we have to spend much on them.

No mention of a left back in the article

I think we need a left back more than a centre back if you ask me. Even more so if Huntington is coming through the ranks

sunday people and other tabloids spin any old shite tbh.

Another shit manager being backed by the Board.

Well done, Fred.

:thup:

bluelaugh.gif

The worst injury list in years.

Taking over when morale had to be in the depths after a period with the worst manager in living memory.

3 points behind the fantastic Martin O'Neill.

Roeder wouldn't have been my choice and I still have reservations in the long term. But he's doing ok and hasn't been shown to be shit at all.

nail on the head mate :thup:

I think the left of defence is a bigger problem than the right. Both Baba and Carr are not good enough but I believe in Solano and the young centre-backs we can get by more on the right than we can on the left. When Baba is out there is noone capable of filling in, even against shite opposition.

There is still a definite need for a quality central defender though. If the money was available and we had to buy for three positions, I would go for a striker, a left back and a centre back.

Man Utd spent £28m on one freddy. They win cups. We don't. See a link?

so you think we should pay 28m for a defender  :lol:

I'm sure these "trophy" defenders will score our goals if Martins is injured .......