Can we beat Spurs?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe how some people are over-rating Spurs. Unbelievable stuff. Yes, it's a tough match and we may not win, but ffs they're not that good.

blueyes.gif

We're playing at home as well and even if we've not been at our best, we're much better off playing at home than we are away.

2-1 to us is my prediction.

Robinson

--- Chimbonda -- Dawson -- King -- Leee ---

---------------- Huddlestone -------------------

--- Ghaly/Teemu ------------------- Steed ---

------------------- Lennon ---------------------

----------- Berbatov ----- Defoe -------------

taken from ggchat.................if that is their line up i'm more confident than before.i'd think butt can tie up lennon and they'd push him back wide to get him some ball.we can dominate midfield and they have a lack of pace from huddlestone through to dawson and king.we can stop the supply to their forwards but be wary of defoe dropping off the centre halves with malbranque and ghaly both keen to push on.

hope emre's fit,that midfield is made for him to play against.

Yeah, and Lennon, Defoe and Berbatov are going to HATE the idea of playing against Babayaro and Ramage, aren't they.

thats lennon in the middle,he'll be up against our midfield first and spurs problem all season away has been creating chances,i think our midfield is good enough to stop theirs.

And we KNOW thats the formaiton they'll play? Even if they do, it's still going to cause us problems.

We were lucky against Watfird that they weren't good enough to exploit the massive gaps Dire was leaving by wandering around, and we didn't need Martins to be linking up particularly well with the midfield for most of the game. Spurs will be different.

My prediction: 0-2.

Guest TheOrder

Robinson

taken from ggchat.................if that is their line up i'm more confident than before.i'd think butt can tie up lennon and they'd push him back wide to get him some ball.we can dominate midfield and they have a lack of pace from huddlestone through to dawson and king.we can stop the supply to their forwards but be wary of defoe dropping off the centre halves with malbranque and ghaly both keen to push on.

Yeah, and Lennon, Defoe and Berbatov are going to HATE the idea of playing against Babayaro and Ramage, aren't they.

thats lennon in the middle,he'll be up against our midfield first and spurs problem all season away has been creating chances,i think our midfield is good enough to stop theirs.

And we KNOW thats the formaiton they'll play? Even if they do, it's still going to cause us problems.

We were lucky against Watfird that they weren't good enough to exploit the massive gaps Dire was leaving by wandering around, and we didn't need Martins to be linking up particularly well with the midfield for most of the game. Spurs will be different.

Same result as last year aye? Or not? Oh we beat them 3-1 didn't we!

We'll definatly get beat 0-2 this year then!

:lol:

Guest Kenton Magpie

If you ask me there are two many shit scared bastards who havent got the bottle to say we will win incase they have to suffer the abuse of kingdawson

3-2 Newcastle!

Can't believe how some people are over-rating Spurs. Unbelievable stuff. Yes, it's a tough match and we may not win, but ffs they're not that good.

blueyes.gif

We're playing at home as well and even if we've not been at our best, we're much better off playing at home than we are away.

2-1 to us is my prediction.

Newcastle won't be playing anything like Citeh did against us.  As I said in another thread

In the premiership Spurs are hugely erratic.........        ....... Newcastle to win by a couple.

I don't think Spurs will play in the formation mentioned earlier but I'm not changing my opinion of the result either.

For Baggio's benefit, I would like to emphasise that this is not one of the sly digs he's so neurotic about.

Quite right, they're not.

Nor are we.

Both sides are much of a muchness, but we are improving, thanks mainly to Taylor, Butt and Martins in the main. These 3 playing out of their skins (we should make Butt captain I think) and the others slowly improving, esp Sibierski who has been a revelation compared to how we THOUGHT he'd be.

I confidently predict we will now finish above them and beat them in the game coming up. (Wouldn't have said that after that abysmal Sheff U game, mind !!! blueeek.gif bluelaugh.gif)

Robinson

thtas why i said "if"....even if not the formation the personnel will be largely the same.i don't think they have the strength in midfield to create enough....2-1.

Robinson

I don't get it. What does last years result have to do with this years?

Guest kingdawson

Robinson

I also dont understand what he's going on about and Baggio can you please explain to me how the link you provided proves there was ever a thread on gg stating that robbo was better then buffon ect.....? Your alright Baggio but please dont turn out like that compulsive lying disorder sufferer steve.

Robinson

I also dont understand what he's going on about and Baggio can you please explain to me how the link you provided proves there was ever a thread on gg stating that robbo was better then buffon ect.....? Your alright Baggio but please dont turn out like that compulsive lying disorder sufferer steve.

I was just showing you more of the ridiculous examples they have on polls there, the Robinson poll was there mate but you must of missed it.

You're hardly a regular to the site judging by your post count and I have no reason whatsoever to lie.

Guest kingdawson

depnds which Spurs turn up - they could murder us or just collapse - probably the least predictable team in the PL right now

Agree 100%, very good post.

Guest Deep456

depnds which Spurs turn up - they could murder us or just collapse - probably the least predictable team in the PL right now

Word.

Still reckon the wrong one will be at SJP..............still think 2-0

Point taken think the same.