Chelsea (Carling Cup) - Pre-match thread

Newcastle Fan

of course the game in next wednsday

do  u think roeder should throw the likes of harper,luque in and give them a chance

or just play with our starting 11 for watford

here's my formation for this match

Given

Huntington  Taylor  Ramage Duff (might do,better then baba thats for sure)

Dyer    Butt    Parker    Milner

Sibreski

Martins

subs:

Harper

rossi

luque

emre

babayaro

Guest black n white

hopefully emre will be fit, i would drop le sib and play dyer up front and put parker on the right with butt and emre in the middle

given

huntington taylor ramage  duff

parker    butt    emre  milner

dyer    martins

hopefully emre will be fit, i would drop le sib and play dyer up front and put parker on the right with butt and emre in the middle

given

parker    butt    emre  milner

dyer    martins

Why would you drop sib to play parker our of position?

I'd play Butt at left back ahead of Duff any day.

Duff is in shocking form at the moment and when he played at left-back before he was shiiiiiiiiiite, he'd be a total liability against chelsea, he'd get ripped to shreds against anyone they played against him. Butt is nowhere near ideal but he'd be a damn site better than Duff.

Duff is in shocking form at the moment and when he played at left-back before he was shiiiiiiiiiite, he'd be a total liability against chelsea, he'd get ripped to shreds against anyone they played against him. Butt is nowhere near ideal but he'd be a damn site better than Duff.

I forgot that time Nicky Butt played full-back for Ireland...  Oh wait!!!  :winking:  Duff will come good and especially against Chelski.

I'd play this:

given

dyer    butt    emre  milner

sib    martins

I forgot that time Nicky Butt played full-back for Ireland...  Oh wait!!!  :winking:  Duff will come good and especially against Chelski.

I'd play this:

given

sib    martins

It doesn't matter how many times he's done it, or who for, he's still shite at it!!

I remember Vinny Jones playing in goal for Wimbledon, doesn't mean I'd recruit the short-lived-hollywood-fad to fill in for Shay, if he had the sniffles or something.

I'd play this:

given

sib    martins

It doesn't matter how many times he's done it, or who for, he's still shite at it!!

I remember Vinny Jones playing in goal for Wimbledon, doesn't mean I'd recruit the short-lived-hollywood-fad to fill in for Shay, if he had the sniffles or something.

So, you're saying you'd rather play somebody who's not featured for his country at a position Duff has played before adequately on the INTERNATIONAL level?

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense.  Duff is not a shite player, he's proved himself in the past and will come good for our club.  This is a big game for him against Chelski, he'll be his former self.  I'm pulling for him as I've always rated him. 

Guest black n white

id rather have dyer upfront with martins than sib, sib has been excellent but never seems to last the whole 90, butt has earned his place in cm but with parker returning from injury and the fact that he has'nt been on top form lately i would stick him on the right

This cup means more us then is does to them, I can see him resting alot of his squad for this game.

We will field our strongest side I think, no qualter given no one rested.

------------------Given

Hunty----Taylor------Ram-------Baba

Milner-----Butt------Parker-------Duff

-----------Martins-----Dyer

BENCH

Pav

Luque

Emre

Patison

Le Sib

This cup means more us then is does to them, I can see him resting alot of his squad for this game.

We will field our strongest side I think, no qualter given no one rested.

------------------Given

Hunty----Taylor------Ram-------Baba

Milner-----Butt------Parker-------Duff

-----------Martins-----Dyer

BENCH

Pav

Luque

Emre

Patison

Le Sib

baba is suspended

I would rather not have dyer on the right, he is much better in amore advanced role but i appreciate we have no one else. Maybe he will play emre (if fit) and milner on the wings and dyer upfront with martins

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given

Milner  Taylor  Ramage    Duff

Dyer  Parker  Butt    Emre

Martins  Sib

Given

Milner   Taylor   Ramage    Duff

Dyer   Parker   Butt    Emre

Martins  Sib

no way would i play milner at right back, he looses the ball more than any other player!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Dont think he will loose the ball as much as RB and I really think Huntington together with Ramage was one of the main reasons why our build up play against Watford didnt work. 

The fact that Luque stormed off in the huff at the weekend means he's unlikely to appear on the bench again never mind the first 11.

i think he did it before :D

and i think roeder just defended him today!!,saying that he saw chelsea players leave the stadium when they were not selected for the newcastle game..

The fact that Luque stormed off in the huff at the weekend means he's unlikely to appear on the bench again never mind the first 11.

i think he did it before :D

and i think roeder just defended him today!!,saying that he saw chelsea players leave the stadium when they were not selected for the newcastle game..

That's right it is the 2nd time he's done it. Maybe that was his last chance. Where has Roeder defended him today? Even if he has, it just shows Roeder isn't an idiot like Souness. Souness slagged off players in the press who he wanted to sell therefore reducing the price.

PS Who are you going to bang on about for the rest of the season if Luque is sold/loaned out in the transfer window?

Forgot about Baba's ban, so Duf at LB it is then.

--------------------Given

Hunty-------Taylor-----Ramage------Duff

Milner-------Parker-------Butt--------Emre

-------------Martins--------Dyer

yep thats what i wuld go for, a bench of

pav

sib

patt

luque

?