The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I can't fucking stand Martin Tyler. Already wittering on about Brighton getting big compensation for Potter. Why is it even being discussed? We're watching a game of football, can we just talk about that rather than continuing this 'big clubs vs the rest' agenda that Sky constantly perpetuate? Fuck off.

:thup:

Football TV punditry is poor in general, but that kind of speculation is the worst of it.

Have never understood what people see in Billing.  He does not do the basics of passing and movement well.  Think people get distracted by his physicality and how he tends to overplay things now and then.  Makes him look more effective than he actually is.

I can't fucking stand Martin Tyler. Already wittering on about Brighton getting big compensation for Potter. Why is it even being discussed? We're watching a game of football, can we just talk about that rather than continuing this 'big clubs vs the rest' agenda that Sky constantly perpetuate? Fuck off.

:thup:

Football TV punditry is poor in general, but that kind of speculation is the worst of it.

It saddens me to say, as well, because his voice is iconic as it comes in football terms. I didn't grow up with Sky; only got it when I was maybe 14 or something; so if I was ever watching Newcastle and hearing Martin Tyler's voice, there was a real sense of occasion. I'm sure every club who's been in the Prem long enough can associate a bit of his commentary with a great memory (Albert for us, for instance). These days, though, he doesn't seem to have a great enthusiasm for what he does - literally in terms of his tone and what he says - meanwhile being a pawn in the agenda machine.

Aye, this ‘the big 6 must get all of the best talent’ schtick is absolutely lifting.  Was tiresome when Cabaye and Ba were getting linked away every week.

So crap. Yeah it's technically correct but fuck that, man. The rule needs looking at. Was there an advantage gained? No. So it's a goal.

Not even necessarily technically correct

If its that close it has to be let go, the pixels on the still frame a so poor its impossible to tell for sure

So crap. Yeah it's technically correct but fuck that, man. The rule needs looking at. Was there an advantage gained? No. So it's a goal.

Not even necessarily technically correct

If its that close it has to be let go, the pixels on the still frame a so poor its impossible to tell for sure

And there is no way the studio have paused it at the exact moment the ball leaves the players foot.  And then framerate will further reduce the accuracy. 

Would be so easy to say, "yeah, let's have an 'umpires call' style 5 to 10 cm margin for error* on tight offside calls when being reviewed by VAR."

*I guess someone could actually work out what the margin for error is with the technology.  But that would mean the FA would have to stop with their 100% accurate propaganda.