The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is well and truly yesterday’s man, I can see him getting sacked as quickly as the close season after this one and maybe even sooner if they get knocked out of the CL in the second leg and also fail to qualify for next season’s tournament which is looking very possible indeed.

Quite liking what Lampard is trying to do at Chelsea kind, I think he will become a good manager if not a great one. If he gets Chelsea into the CL he will have done an amazing job.

The real test of his abilities or not will probably actually come when he’s had some money to spend on his signings and what happens when this is his actual team.

How will getting in the CL this season be an amazing job? :lol: It's almost harder not to qualify given the lack of consistency in the league

And if they were to be the more consistent of them all and come out on top to qualify, that would be an achievement in itself for Frank Lampard’s Chelsea given he stands as the least *experienced (and the youngest) manager in the whole league never mind of the competing club’s he’s up again, whom have all spent big money/been able to spend money where as he’s been unable to spend any money. That’s on top of losing Hazard and then you factor in he’s a club legend and at a club where player power culture and owner interference or outside influences have undermined all those before him. All risk factors that can ruin any manager regardless.

Not that I’d judge his qualities/lack of or the job he’s doing or rather trying to do or not based on whether they finish in the top four or miss out. If they don’t finish in the top 4 I’d still think (impartially) he will have done a good job there all things considered given the combined circumstances. He’s clearly a bright young manager/coach and he’s trying to instil a certain philosophy of playing and with it a style of playing for the long-term based around youth and attacking football, similar to Southgate with England.

He’s their first English manager since Hoddle remember and for the first time since Abramovic arrived certainly, he’s trying to blood through players coming through the academy for the long-term and if they allow him the time and back him with funds to buy who he wants to compliment that I can see him doing a better job than say Mourinho at Spurs or a high profile name Chelsea could just as we’ll appoint or OGS at Man Utd, the kind of job where Chelsea consistently compete for domestic and European honours as a top 4 club. Of course, he’ll eventually have to win trophies and even then, that might never be good enough.

And if he doesn’t, well. under new owners here, I wouldn’t mind our own club looking to such a new, bright, up and coming manager/coach who wants to build a team of his own with his own stamp, philosophy and style around youth playing attacking attractive football like him.

I’ve been very impressed with the way they play and again, like what I see, on that front.

*Arteta of course is now the least experienced manager since he was appointed at Arsenal.

Anyway, tl;dr, I just like or favour a young English manager like Lampard doing well and achieving something even if it’s with an odious club like Chelsea, because it bodes well for the national team and future British managers/coaches.

I’m the same with Gerrard, though I feel he will be more Souness than Lampard eventually and would bomb spectacularly at say Liverpool or a top job this early because I don’t think he’s quite intelligent enough, articulate, as personable and as modern as he will need to be now, or ever will be. He’ll far likelier turn to Bruce/Moyes/Pardew et al methods of working hard, getting stuck in, turning up, running hardest, tackling and being brave, strong and giving 120%. Like he did, but he had world-class ability and played with top players under top managers. That and turning to buying his way out of trouble.

I hope I’m wrong like because again, the more good young managers from our isles, the better.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yeah I'm not reading that. It's definitely not an amazing achievement though

Out of interest would you classify what Rafa did here as an achievement? I ask, because I believe what he did here was as amazing an achievement of his than any he’s had given all circumstances and taking each into total consideration.

I’d like to actually qualify my statement with stating finishing 4th would be an amazing achievement for Lampard if not exactly for Chelsea in the same way I’d say OGS finishing 4th would be an achievement for him if likewise, not exactly Man Utd. For me anyway looking in from the outside as an impartial unbiased observer.

If that makes sense?! :lol:

Mind, I consider what Sarri achieved as exceptional, for himself and Chelsea.