The other games today 2019/20

Greg

must be said whatever about red bull being so brazen in ignoring germanys 50+1 rule (which I personally find hilarious) they do seem to run their operations fairly well, not as if its like PSG or City with bottomless pits of money

Guest neesy111

You'll not get a chance to support a smaller club like Atalanta in the final if you'd prefer the likes of PSG to beat them in the knockout rounds

If it wasn’t PSG knocking them out it’d have just been a Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/Barcelona.

They were 5 mins away from knocking one of the richest clubs out of the CL last night to set up a quarter final against Leipzig. Could easily have made the final and who knows what might happen in one game

He's also complaining about Atletico who amazingly beat both Barca and real to 1 league title on 1/4 of their budget and were mins away in 1 CL final from winning it.

You'll not get a chance to support a smaller club like Atalanta in the final if you'd prefer the likes of PSG to beat them in the knockout rounds

If it wasn’t PSG knocking them out it’d have just been a Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/Barcelona.

They were 5 mins away from knocking one of the richest clubs out of the CL last night to set up a quarter final against Leipzig. Could easily have made the final and who knows what might happen in one game

He's also complaining about Atletico who amazingly beat both Barca and real to 1 league title on 1/4 of their budget and were mins away in 1 CL final from winning it.

Nut's lesson is that unless you have enough money to sustain being one of the best, don't even bother trying and let the state owned and traditional clubs get on with it

Leipzig are only there because they’ve had outside investment, otherwise they’d be playing Atlético Madrid. They’d then have likely had to play Barcelona/Bayern or Real Madrid in the final had PSG or City not had their outside investment and they got past Atlético...see my point yet? You’ll get the odd surprise season but to be sustainable up there now, you need to buy your way...and FFP and certain league federations are making that more and more unlikely.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm all for Real Madrid or Liverpool or Man Utd not winning it every year but picking PSG and Man City to win it just doesn't make sense to me

Wonder what the tune would be if a SA NUFC won it one day...

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d take a PSG/City winning it for once over the status quo for a change... remember it’s all fucked up this game!

Guest neesy111

I’d take a PSG/City winning it fo nice over the status quo for a change... remember it’s all fucked up this game!

Tell me a team sport that doesn't have big clubs dominating it recently?

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d take a PSG/City winning it fo nice over the status quo for a change... remember it’s all fucked up this game!

And why is that/how is that... ??

ironically american sports seem better about it at least compared to how things currently are in the major european leagues and champions league

State of these commentators man. Utter fucking vermin, vile opinion after vile opinion.

There's so many decent commentators who do the last game on MOTD and that sort of thing, I just don't understand how Fletcher is the number one on BT and one of the main men on 5Live, I cannot abide him at all.

Man City or PSG dominate for a few years and then they become the elite and then what happens?

Give me an Atalanta or an Ajax going deep into the competition any day of the week rather than Man City or PSG winning it for the next few years

Man City or PSG dominate for a few years and then they become the elite and then what happens?

Give me an Atalanta or an Ajax going deep into the competition any day of the week rather than Man City or PSG winning it for the next few years

Man City and PSG are already the elite. Just a matter of time before they win it. There's no difference whatsoever between them winning it and Barca/Man Utd winning it even if you take away any issues with their ownership. It just drives the price of competing up all the time and further limits the good players to those clubs

Guest neesy111

ironically american sports seem better about it at least compared to how things currently are in the major european leagues and champions league

Yet the bigger teams still win the titles more often than not.  Easier to do it when your main national sports are just that.

I am not sure why this is ironic. American leagues are set up to artificially stop the big clubs from dominating and create false parity. It still does not work in some of their sports. :lol:

God I really hope the winner of tomorrow's tie (which will be Bayern) goes onto win it. Three awful clubs.

I do not really understand the acrimony against Leipzig when compared to the other two clubs. They do not financially dominate. New clubs being created in regions without high level is a positive, imo. I suppose it is just Red Bull?