The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Bayern or Barca winning it would be a lot better than PSG or Man City

f*** no I'm sick to the back teeth of Bayern Real Madrid and Barca could they kindly f*** off and let us have some f***ing variety in the champions league rather than the same old s*** over and over again

Man City and PSG are as boring as any of those clubs. Both of them have been ever presents for ages now and the biggest contribution they've both made is losing hilariously

Tell me how Atalanta are doing so well then on a fraction of all their budgets?

Similar to Leicester, do you think it’s sustainable? If they make the last 4/8 of the Champions League and top 2/3 in Serie A consistently then great.

Your talking about sustainability and then advocating £100m's to make football an arms race.

If it wasn’t City and PSG, it’d just be Man Utd, Arsenal, Milan, etc. Maybe it’s the whole takeover thing that’s narked me a bit, but if the hierarchy have their way, we’ll not see any new teams competing regularly at the top, it’ll just be their beloved.

So wrong. City winning would be a great ‘fuck you’ to UEFA and the elite clubs scared of new competition.

Were you pleased PSG beat Atalanta last night?

Wasn’t arsed either way tbh. I like how Atalanta play and what they’ve done. Just for what’s going on at the minute though I’d like PSG or City to win it. Of course it’d have been nice for someone like Atalanta to win the thing but it’s harder realistic. Leicester making it to the last 8 in their run was fun too and you’ll no doubt get the odd exception every half a decade or so that have the audacity to sneak top 3/4 in their respective leagues and have a canny run.

Since the mid 90s, there’s been maybe two instances (Borussia & Porto) where a club you wouldn’t have thought would win the CL have won it. That suits the established clubs perfectly. Chelsea, City & PSG slipped through the net but it seems clearer than ever (FFP for instance) that they don’t want too many others threatening them. For that reason alone I’d be happy seeing PSG and Man City upsetting them for a few years.

So wrong. City winning would be a great ‘fuck you’ to UEFA and the elite clubs scared of new competition.

Wasn’t arsed either way tbh. I like how Atalanta play and what they’ve done. Just for what’s going on at the minute though I’d like PSG or City to win it. Of course it’d have been nice for someone like Atalanta to win the thing but it’s harder realistic. Leicester making it to the last 8 in their run was fun too and you’ll no doubt get the odd exception every half a decade or so that have the audacity to sneak top 3/4 in their respective leagues and have a canny run.

Since the mid 90s, there’s been maybe two instances (Borussia & Porto) where a club you wouldn’t have thought would win the CL have won it. That suits the established clubs perfectly. Chelsea, City & PSG slipped through the net but it seems clearer than ever (FFP for instance) that they don’t want too many others threatening them. For that reason alone I’d be happy seeing PSG and Man City upsetting them for a few years.

Its not an odd exception. An unfancied team makes the quarters/semis basically every year

Its not an odd exception. An unfancied team makes the quarters/semis basically every year

Ah that’s okay then.

You'll not get a chance to support a smaller club like Atalanta in the final if you'd prefer the likes of PSG to beat them in the knockout rounds

If it wasn’t PSG knocking them out it’d have just been a Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/Barcelona.

They were 5 mins away from knocking one of the richest clubs out of the CL last night to set up a semi final against Leipzig. Could easily have made the final and who knows what might happen in one game